n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 12:55 am

Forum rules

If you're about to request a review of your ban please read this post carefully.

Also, see bans.n00bfest.com to find out why you were banned, what admin banned you, and how long the ban is for. If the ban is for less than 48 hours, don't bother posting an unban request.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 davep Unban Request 
Spammer Hopeful

Post davep Unban Request
In-game alias: John! and Dave!
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:4564638 and STEAM_0:0:3621234
Time/date of the ban: 2012-04-22 20:19:30 and 2012-04-22 20:19:31
Server where ban occurred: n00bfest.com - Got n00b? (72.249.124.50:27015)
Who banned you?: JoeMamma
What were you banned for?: Reason on the unban site says ghosting.
Comments: Me and my friend indeed were on the server on that new map syksy and the bomb was down and I had called to him in-game while we were both alive stating that the bomb was down. It was in an area that there was a lot of doors so I had called it out again to make sure everyone else had heard because I didn't feel like being shot from a random opening. Right after calling it out the 2nd time I was muted. I proceeded to leave the server after I died since I was asked that round in a Steam PM if I'd like to participate in a scrim plus I don't enjoy being muted and thought by the time I got back I wouldn't be anymore, I also asked my friend indeed if he'd like to join. When I rejoined the server I was kicked multiple times with no reason at all, and this was after the scrim was over so I'd say 30 minutes later. Then when I finally wasn't kicked anymore I got in and noticed I was still muted and tried communicating my concern via name changes, unfortunately I didn't get a valid reason and stayed muted and was told that I'm lucky that I'm not banned. I continued to play even though I was muted and accidentally tk'd someone with a grenade in the B tunnels on de_dust2 when throwing it at an enemy and then got kicked again. After rejoining I asked in a name change why I was kicked and I was told if I keep tking I'll be banned. From what I can remember that was my very first tk on that map.

Those are the reasons from what I understand of why I was getting muted, kicked and banned. It's listed as ghosting but I have never ghosted for indeed even though we are on the same ventrilo together while playing. This is something that I've been accused of a lot and I tell people all the time that indeed used to get me to try and ghost for him whenever I'm dead but he doesn't bother anymore because I suck at it and it causes him to die then actually assist him in getting kills.

Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:47 pm
Profile WWW
Spammer Hopeful

Post Re: davep Unban Request
Also for the first part I was on CT and so we were defending the actual bomb that was dropped by someone I killed, not defending the bomb that could have been planted.

Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:10 pm
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

Sit tight, your ban is under review.

Reminder, if you are not the banning admin or the person requesting the unban. DO NOT POST HERE!

Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:55 pm
Profile WWW
Spammer Hopeful

Alright, thank you.

Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:36 pm
Profile WWW
n00bfest Asshole

I'm alright with an unban if the higher-ups want. I forgot that I perm'd on accident -- only meant for a bit. Next time, don't annoy the server. "Dave, the bombs down." "Bomb's down John" over and over for a whole five minutes is pretty F*CKING annoying.
As far as the ghosting part, I don't have anything "conclusive" other than your friend being dead and you miraculously knowing where enemies were. That's fishy enough for me. Ghosting is just as bad as hacking in our server. Don't do it again.

I hope Tom Brady gets anally raped in Hell.

Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:10 pm
Spammer Hopeful

I only repeated the bomb was down twice and I've never ghosted. Obviously I can't prove it, if you want next time we are in there you can hop on vent with us just ask for info.

Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:16 pm
Profile WWW
n00bfest Asshole

It's up to the higher-ups now. If they want you unbanned, you'll be unbanned. They have my recommendation.

I hope Tom Brady gets anally raped in Hell.

Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:18 pm
[HNIC] Stзamroller ω

Unbanned.

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
-- Hunter S Thompson

Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:42 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 8 posts ]