n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:02 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Fix MOTD 
Spammer Hopeful

Post Fix MOTD
I was thinking that you guys should add the rules that are made up on the spot by admins into the MOTD that way people know what to do and what not to do.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:16 pm
Profile WWW
n00bfest Council

Post Re: Fix MOTD
like what?
"Admins are god" Pretty much sums that up.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:30 pm
Profile YIM
Game Server Admin

davep wrote:
I was thinking that you guys should add the rules that are made up on the spot by admins into the MOTD that way people know what to do and what not to do.

Most people dont even read the MOTD they automatically join a team, secondly Mossy's post basically sums it up

Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:57 pm
[n00b] Member

yep GODS says it all

You are a wolf. You are intelligent and wild. Your spirit runs free with the wind and travels in a close knit pack. Family is one of your main duties in life, even though at times you prefer to be alone. You are silent, hardly seen by man but adored by wild life lovers, everywhere. Patience is the key and you aren't afraid to die with honor.
* "The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for". Bob Marley
honestly' =DiK=: lol I really want sound because it looks like the girl growls as she smacks herself in the face with it

Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:29 pm
Profile YIM
Spammer Hopeful

Not really, you being "Gods" doesn't really tell people not to use the mic when dead, not to buy AWPs if able to, not to bunny hop, etc. I know there's more random rules that are made up on the spot but I can't think of them atm.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:23 pm
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

Can we just ban this fag already? This is obvious an attempt to troll the admins of this community and I'm pretty much done with this kid.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:09 am
Profile WWW
Spammer Hopeful

Actually I'm being serious, last week when mani was disabled and people were able to buy awps people were getting banned for using them or being told they will get banned for using them. I just thought it would be less of a headache if it was listed in the MOTD instead of waiting for an admin to get on to tell people to stop doing gay shit.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:53 pm
Profile WWW
Game Server Admin

90% of the people that come in the server never read the MOTD, which is why we have to kick,mute, or ban people. Sometimes its just easier to warn someone over voice or chat. If they still don't listen then they deserve it, because they sure as hell wouldn't have just stopped because they read it on the MOTD.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:56 pm
Spammer Hopeful

Would it hurt to add the rules that aren't listed though? That way when someone does do something you can just be like "look at the MOTD".

Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:59 pm
Profile WWW
Game Server Admin

Ive never heard an admin say no bunny hopping? And when mani was down I couldnt see the MOTD anyways so it wouldnt matter if it said no AWPS or not. Either way Mossy said it Admins are GODS. Every admin is going to police the server in their own way. Not going to have a list of 1000 rules that every admin hates.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:30 am
n00bfest Council

Yeah, I've never heard of the bunnyhopping rule.. BunnyHop Scripting is different.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:18 pm
Profile YIM
Not Worthy of [n00b]

davep wrote:
Would it hurt to add the rules that aren't listed though? That way when someone does do something you can just be like "look at the MOTD".

dude, what rules are you having a hard time with?
Dont spam, don't be a douchbag, dont get into tower on T side cobble, dont talk when dead, and respect the few womenz that log in and if an admin tells you to do somthing i suggest you do it or play somewhere else.

theres like 6 rules, all simple as shit, if u have a hard time with this then you got problems, admins dont make up rules on the fly, but they do reserve the right to enforce the few rules we have.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:36 pm
Spammer Hopeful

dabadguy wrote:
davep wrote:

Dont spam, don't be a douchbag, dont get into tower on T side cobble, dont talk when dead, and respect the few womenz that log in and if an admin tells you to do somthing i suggest you do it or play somewhere else.

theres like 6 rules, all simple as shit, if u have a hard time with this then you got problems, admins dont make up rules on the fly, but they do reserve the right to enforce the few rules we have.

I'm not saying for me because I know them, I'm saying for the new people that join the server and then get yelled at for not knowing the rules when they aren't listed.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:27 pm
Profile WWW
Not Worthy of [n00b]

davep wrote:
dabadguy wrote:
davep wrote:

I'm not saying for me because I know them, I'm saying for the new people that join the server and then get yelled at for not knowing the rules when they aren't listed.

They are listed, its called the MOTD.
Stop bitching about us not making the rules clear, they are clear as a F*CKING crystal. don't like then GTFO , we are tired of telling you the same thing over and over.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:43 pm
Spammer Hopeful

guess you haven't read the motd because the things you listed aren't there except the respect women one

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:31 pm
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

Dave, with all due respect, just shut the F*CK up from now on. You're fighting a losing battle right now, and to keep trying to make yourself seem right in this matter has only pissed off more and more people. MOTD already says "don't be an asshole, and respect admins" (loose translation, I know), so with that in mind, just leave it at that. People bitch all the time on the server, it's a natural occurrence at n00bfest. You coming on here posting shit incessantly doesn't do anything to change that. Even if it's changed, they're still gonna bitch. Get over yourself.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:10 pm
Spammer Hopeful

I made a suggestion and you guys are getting pissy about it. It's not like I made this in the Counter-Strike section or in General, it's in the Open Floor where suggestion are supposed to be tolerated. But apparently not.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:17 pm
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

dave, my suggestion to you (this is open floor, right?) is to use the SEARCH feature and specify the Open Floor forum in your search. Then search using a variety of terms that essentially mean the same thing in order to see whether or not your suggestion has been posted within the past year or two, decide how or if you're going to make a post based upon what the results are in your search.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:03 am
Spammer Hopeful

That was actually something I brought up to GoodKat in a PM but haven't gotten a response back, if I search for it and it's been a while and nothing has happened how am I supposed to know if you guys are just ignoring the suggestion or still working on it? I said maybe making a sticky with the suggestions that are brought up and having 2 columns, one for "Not Going To Happen" and another "Work In Progress".

Also thanks for posting nicely. I love you.

P.S. Only reason I'm up so late is cause I'm flying out tomorrow for 2 weeks and don't get much sleep before flights.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:09 am
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

davep wrote:
That was actually something I brought up to GoodKat in a PM but haven't gotten a response back, if I search for it and it's been a while and nothing has happened how am I supposed to know if you guys are just ignoring the suggestion or still working on it? I said maybe making a sticky with the suggestions that are brought up and having 2 columns, one for "Not Going To Happen" and another "Work In Progress".

Also thanks for posting nicely. I love you.

P.S. Only reason I'm up so late is cause I'm flying out tomorrow for 2 weeks and don't get much sleep before flights.

So now that you've brought to my attention your undying love, your penchant for staying awake before flights and your initiative with regards to the Search function, I have one more suggestion for you.

Having used the Search function, and having actually found topical matches, whether recently posted or from eons ago, read the entirety of the thread(s) and using the information you've garnered, along with any consistency in opinion (taking note of how many people are repeatedly responding to these requests so as to get a good grasp on who you're dealing with), use this information to frame the context of a potential thread.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:56 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next