n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 7:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Unban requests 
Game Server Admin

Post Unban requests
Adding a tag for the banning admin [Deadman] [Rok] [Gman] or whoever the banning admin would be(or it could even be [Council] [Elders] in certain circumstances) for pending responses to get attentions quicker at the beginning of thread title then a [Reviewing] for demo's, [Pending] for waiting for someone that can unban, or whatever else there would be to that then either [Banned] or [Unbanned] when it is all finished. Would take an extra 20 seconds and could clean up that section and get things moving faster and easier after it is started without having to lock threads and make people create new ones if something bugs out and they don't get unbanned.

icemaN: i was droppin wards like they were turds

Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:43 am
[n00b] Member

Post Re: Unban requests
/support

Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:10 am
n00bfest Elder, Senior Admin

I support this as well. It would be awesome and that way impatient players know what's going on with their unban at all times instead of questioning it.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:56 pm
Game Server Admin

Could also add what each one means in the post that everyone is supposed to read to post the correct way but some still don't.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:18 pm
[HNIC] Stзamroller ω

So are you saying that we add a field that the person sets when they create the topic, or are you suggesting we make them just manually add [whatever] to their topic title? ...or are you suggesting moderators add it?

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
-- Hunter S Thompson

Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:23 pm
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

I think he wants people tagged to receive a pm when they're tagged? Or some notification type thing...

Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:36 pm
n00bfest Elder, Senior Admin

Maybe make a field that appears at the top of the unban request topics that has a drop down menu that only the elders/higher ups can access and change as the unban progresses through the stages. But make it appear as a progression bar to everyone else.

Then have a second drop down menu with all of the admins names that the banned person can access and allows them to choose the admin who banned them. Then once they choose it a pre-made PM gets automatically sent to the admin that they chose, letting them know they have an unban request to deal with.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:46 pm
[HNIC] Stзamroller ω

Sweet Pea wrote:
Maybe make a field that appears at the top of the unban request topics that has a drop down menu that only the elders/higher ups can access and change as the unban progresses through the stages. But make it appear as a progression bar to everyone else.

Then have a second drop down menu with all of the admins names that the banned person can access and allows them to choose the admin who banned them. Then once they choose it a pre-made PM gets automatically sent to the admin that they chose, letting them know they have an unban request to deal with.

This would be a development nightmare. Just saying.

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
-- Hunter S Thompson

Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:20 pm
Profile WWW
Game Server Admin

The easiest way in the shortest route would be mods adding it, the easiest way in the long route is to have it coded that they select the admin from a list and the admin receives a notification like pending ban but pending unban request. Was originally thinking of a ticket type system that could be done by clicking on their name and submitting their request with only admins or higher able to post on the requests(also keeping the bullshit out) but I realize that might take too much time/energy that fomenta or whoever else has the ability to do it don't really want to put in for something that isn't a huge issue since it gets done, just could get done quicker and better.

Hooker wrote:
I think he wants people tagged to receive a pm when they're tagged? Or some notification type thing...

Would be the long route. East route would be admins just checking the unban requests once a day or so(like I hope they already do) and just seeing their name. Some admins are very active and ban more than others, just have bad luck and get all the hackers, or a lot of time has passed and won't remember their name then skip over it because they don't know the name.

Just seems like some of our unban requests come out unorganized with a few people slipping through the cracks for a week or longer until they end up posting again to find out the outcome. It would be nice for those cracks to get filled and when you look down the list and either see a bunch of [Banned] [Unbanned] with 2 [Pending unban/demo/etc], a [Review], and a [Council], you know that everyone below has 100% been taken care of with 4 open that are actively being taken care of. Also, like Sweet Pea said, it would be nice for the players to know the status of the request getting rid of the impatient wait and them ending up posting and coming off like a dick for just trying to get unbanned.

TLDR

Mods will add/edit the tag to keep everything uniform. Read post for the other way.

Edit:
Gman wrote:
This would be a development nightmare. Just saying.

That's what I thought. Easy way would be whoever sees the thread first changes it unless you feel players can handle adding the admin's name tag in the thread.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:23 pm
n00bfest Council

I have seen something along the lines of this in some of my former clans. Like Spyda said, it would either be the the mods or somebody changing the name of the topic to pending and that kinda stuff or having the ban request forum be broken down to "banned" "unbanned" "pending" supforums to well, organize the thing, it would take somebody a little bit to go through each topic and move it accordingly but afterwards it would make the Unban Request forums look a little cleaner?

Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:40 pm
[n00b] Member

If all we want is cleanliness then subforums would work...as long as the permissions could be set to that the pending and unbanned forums are locked from new threads, but mods can move threads into them, and people can still post in them. (For pending threads, of course)

Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]