n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 6:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 WoW Cataclysm 
[n00b] Member

Post Re: WoW Cataclysm
Sphere wrote:
Zefo, And I could be wrong, but you sound like a younger kid / teen on the server, so I'll base this off that. This game was made for more of a mature audience, Though it never works out that way, thats what they try for. Fact is, More people prefer the old pre-tbc Grind and farm 24/7. It made the game challanging, take more time, and you wouldn't get as bored. Thus why I run a pre-tbc server. Blizzard won't, and 1000's upon 1000's of people want the pre-tbc days back.

Cataclysm brings back the Pre-TBC days of being in azeroth 24/7, but at what cost? Making it easier to level? only 5 levels this time? re-doing Onyxia? Remaking Ragnaros and adding him into Hyjal? Though They're trying to follow Some of the story line, they're also ruining it, and ruining the game. Don't get me wrong. Deathwings a bad ass and I remember him back in Warcraft 2. Problem is to do it, they're destroying so much.

I'm kinda 50/50 on Cataclysm right now. Sounds good, but ruining alot of other shit. I'm sorry, but TBC / WOTLK start, I always grinded new chars to 60, hit MC and Ony for fun. Now... I can't do that. Cmon. I can't wait to try out Worgens and Goblins and see the new maps though.

I am not a younger player, and I was around to experience old world in all its glory. I'm not completely happy with TBC And Wrath, I do agree that things have just gotten too easy. but its kind of pointless to devote so much time to developing raids that only 1% of the palyer population could see. as for grinding giving epics a sence of accomplishment or a challenge... isnt that what downing the boss is for? blizzard has been trying to create a raid that both casuals can get through and presents a challenge for the more hard core. They've definatly not perfected this, but they're getting closer every patch.

Never have I ever heard of the majority of the players actualy perfering vanilla to the more recent wow. sure, they are vocal on the forums, but the forums are a place to complain. you're not going to hear people gushing about how they think blizz is doing a wonderful job on the forums.

Personaly I've been dieing for blizz to go back to old world, mainly because it had become a barren wasteland to grind your way to 58, to get in and out as fast as possible. While questing was not always an enjoyable experience (oh ghad, the 50-60 grind ) I missed old world, and really loved playing in it.

yes, it's only five levels this time, and I am really put off by this. It seems that blizz is happy with the way talents are now and are being lazy about having to rebalance everything for a new set oftalents and spells.

however my joy for the old world being revived outweighs that. one of the things that has kept me playing wow for so long is the fact that it's always evolving and changing.

TL:DR version

things aren't perfect, im upset with a few of their choices, but I'm still happy with the game and the direction it's going.

Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:44 pm
Game Server Admin

Well Sphere i'm with you there, i liked the days Pre TBC aswell more
then the days were grinding easy badges to get great gear, i will probably try the new expansion aswell,
WoW consumes your soul i heard someone mention, and tbh they did make malygos semi hard in the beginning.

Zefo, i know but i have alot of alts on lvl 80 allready and theyre all geared to go ulduar or more,
but i actually miss the days where u had to really work for your gear, when u didn't have to go around
looking for people with set stuff that u need skill to get, they either had it or they didn't, that simple.

My point is that they make it semi hard in the beginning, then they make it easier and easier as time passes,
so when i had my T 7,5 which was the shit, they nerfed malygos and Sartharion then to make it easier for people
to get that gear. Imo people need to evolve theire skills to get gear instead of complaining to blizzard and making
them nerf the game. WoW used to be a place where u needed to know how far u could take your character to make
a raid be truly successful now people are pugging ulduar 25 man like it's a walk in the park cause they have grinded
the badge T8,5 gear anyway.

It's like building in Aimbot in CSS for all players cause its hard to kill people if u don't have it.

I just read your last post and had to edit Zefo, as u say some should be puggable, but i am thinking more of the easy T8,5 epics and the PVP epics aswell, i want them to render PVP epics useless in PVE and vice verca. I'm thinking more along the line that they should make the raids that u pug on easymode give really good blues or something other than the same epics that require hard mode, cause i do know alot of people that hate blizzard for making the easy epics feature available. Also if they cannot complete hard mode they are not eligible to play the bigger raids and i do think blizzard need to become a bit more elitist again.. but that's just my oppinion.

I advise you all do the same.

Turkey_Testicles wrote:
i love you loke...may your hamwallet forever embrace my dude-piston

Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:29 pm
[n00b] Member

Loke wrote:
i want them to render PVP epics useless in PVE and vice verca

I agree with you -wholeheartedly- there. I'm tired of getting into arenas and having some fully geared ulduar/toc team roll in and blast me away.Admitedly, these teams that blow me away in the PvE gear -are- skilled, but the PvE gear provides too much damage and healing for PvP to keep up with.

Quote:
I'm thinking more along the line that they should make the raids that u pug on easymode give really good blues or something other than the same epics that require hard mode

Hardmode does give better loot than normal mode.

the main reason that people complain about the availability of epics is because they aren't a trophy anymore. You can't look at a person and say "wow, they must have killed <that boss>."

I think a good solution would be for blizzards to reskin hard mode gear to be unique. that way, everyone is happy. hardcore raiders have their trophy epics, and casuals can have their raids too. Because really, it's not always skills that keep people from joining a hard core raiding guild. Some times it's simply RL providing barriers such as time constraints, responsibilitys they require frequent AFKs, or irregular scheduals.

having all loot share the same look as the tiers was an awful idea anyway.

Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:49 am
[n00b] Member

The way i see it is,

I will only play WoW again when catacalysm comes out. And i will roll a Worgin with a druid.
They needed to bring back the old WoW which they are, they have gotten smart and taken some korean MMO trates and finally put them into WoW. Im happy its only to lvl 85 for the cap.

Epics have became WAY to easy to get these days... but than again im going to asume thats also from experience from playing Pre tbc so people really knew what they had to do, to get epics.

As far as i know, they have decided to bring back Thunderfury?? Which would be sick. I cant remember what awesome shit druids get but they some how always end up looking freaking badass. Rogues are overated, I can easily say this because ive ALWAYS played 1 threw out my entire WoW experience. I decimate, 2k+ arena ratings. Playing a rogue was really good because you gotta have SUPER FAST reaction times and know how to judge and when somebody is going to do something. So it works out well if you can do those things.

Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2