n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 10:33 am

Forum rules

- n00bfest is not the special olympics. It is a gaming community. Do not act like n00bfest is a retard daycare or you will be punished.
- Outright flames and flamebaiting will be punished.
- Even if you are not an adult, do your best to act like one.
- *NEW* Political/Religious News and NSFW posts do not belong here. Use the Videos, Links, Political/Religious News Discussion Forum
- Punishments range from warnings to permanent forum/gameserver bans.

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE 
Community Owner

Post READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE
We are putting a STOP to these flame wars that are sprouting up every time someone makes a post.

We have people that are active in the clan that just don't like each other very much, and other people that are fairly active that just rub some people the wrong way. That's tough shit. Get over it.

The moderators will start dumping a bucket of ice-water on this shit as soon as it gets started.

Examples: Some kid posts something about "wow it's 11:30am and nobody is on the servers!! hurry up F*CKERS I'm lonley!" or something like that, and the next thing you know it's turned into a 5 page rant about CAKD because of a smartass remark made by someone who obviously has some bad feelings. This is NOT acceptable anymore.

Those types of posts will need to be edited or deleted. We will be editing those posts and telling the writer that they need to address that shit in the Complaints Forum, as a personal email, an AIM conversation, or some other way. Venting your personal problems on these forums is no longer an acceptable part of our daily entertainment.

I will NOT allow these threads to continue to turn into flame wars everyday. I'm not talking about the LCD/CRT debate that Doc and Super had, that was at least productive and was just a difference of opinion, even though it got pretty heated. If you notice, though... they had something in their posts aside from empty name calling and bullshit. There was an intelligent debate and a difference of opinion. In my eyes, that one got a little hot, but it was settled in a reasonable way like normal gentlemen are capable of doing.

The ones I'm really talking about the little sniper shots that people like to make in the middle of another thread. They'll just toss some raw meat to the lion's den like "yeah but you start shit all the time" for no reason at all except to stir-up some fighting.

We have to re-take control of these boards and DEMAND less attacks and a little more content.

People seem to like taking their personal differences out on each other here, and (I don't know about the rest fo you, but) I don't have time to sit around reading all their personal whining and boo-hoos all day every day.

Let's crack-down and get some law and order back in New Orleans! I don't want to take all the fun out of things, but I think you all know the kind of things I'm looking to get rid of.... it's the "let me say this totally off-topic bullshit and and stir-up some headaches for no reason in this thread" that I want to eliminate.

People posting bullshit like that will have their threads edited by a moderator. The moderator should say who they are, and politely ask for it to stop. Today, I just deleted a bunch of the shit because the threads had gotten so long that I didn't have time to edit 20 posts in the same thread. It was easier to just delete them instead.

Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:23 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]