n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 1:25 pm

Forum rules

- n00bfest is not the special olympics. It is a gaming community. Do not act like n00bfest is a retard daycare or you will be punished.
- Outright flames and flamebaiting will be punished.
- Even if you are not an adult, do your best to act like one.
- *NEW* Political/Religious News and NSFW posts do not belong here. Use the Videos, Links, Political/Religious News Discussion Forum
- Punishments range from warnings to permanent forum/gameserver bans.

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Let's talk about GUNS! 
[HNIC] Stзamroller ω

Post Let's talk about GUNS!
Post your favorite pistols/rifles/shotguns if you own them, and ones you don't own but want.

Ones I own
Pistol: Dan Wesson Razorback RZ-10 in 10mm automatic. Picture
I'm biased against this pistol because I just bought it and it was expensive as F*CK. Love it to death, though. Shoots like a F*CKING dream.

Rifle: Springfield M1903 in .30-06 Springfield (don't have any pictures of this guy up either)
I've got two and love them both. It's my favorite rifle ever. I've shot more rounds out of the M1903s than any other rifle I own except possibly my AR-15.

Rifle (runner up): S&W M&P 15 in 5.56mm NATO (no picture of this guy)
I've dumped a shitload of money into my AR-15 and it's great. I've got a Troy Viking Alpha Rail, a CNC drop-in single-stage competition trigger, magpul STR stock, an Eotech 512, and a handful of other upgrades. My Gemtech HVT-QD silencer should be here in November or December, and that'll be a F*CKING hoot.

Shotgun: Izhmash Saiga 12 in 12 gauge Picture
This is probably my most valuable gun. It's had a shitload of custom work done to it, and it shoots like a dream. Shit's dope.

Ones I don't own
Pistol: Sig P210
One of the best handguns ever made. Not to be confused with the shitty Sig Sauer guns out there, this one is actually awesome. Single-action trigger, slide inside the frame, and completely beautiful. Easily one of the most accurate 9mm handguns made.

Rifle: Browning M1918 BAR
Come the F*CK on, it's a BAR.

Shotgun: Some kind of pistol-grip sawed-off shotgun AOW
I really want a short little stubby shotgun like this. I'm going to start paperwork on one soon. Should be bad ass.

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
-- Hunter S Thompson

Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:13 pm
Profile WWW
Spammer Hopeful

Post Re: Let's talk about GUNS!
I like bows, so I have no pictures or opinions on firearms.

But, if it's not prying, ballpark how much you think you have spent lifetime on guns?

STOP FLIRTING WITH ME!

Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:16 pm
Game Server Admin

So I only own the Baretta px4 storm and I highly recommend it. My roommate just purchased a Ruger SR9, it seemed to shoot fairly well, but it's just not my cup of tea. I really want to shoot a Saiga 12 and my next gun is a toss up between an ar-15 or a springfield 1911. I have shot an AK (long time ago, it was my uncles) one thing I remember was how shitty the iron sights were. I'm also interested in getting a revolver of some type, but not entirely sure what I'd want just yet, I haven't been looking too hard into this since I'm F*CKING broke and won't be able to afford any of the others for quite some time.

Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:29 am
[HNIC] Stзamroller ω

Twig and Berries wrote:
I like bows, so I have no pictures or opinions on firearms.

But, if it's not prying, ballpark how much you think you have spent lifetime on guns?

Guns alone: $20-30k.
Guns and accessories: $40-50k.

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
-- Hunter S Thompson

Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:06 am
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

Im pretty broke so I dont have a bunch of great guns, but ATM...

Own:
Pistol: Sig Mosquito
Before .22 ammo became hard as hell to come by its fun as hell to shoot and was pretty cheap too

Rifle: Ruger American 30-06
Bought this rifle to hunt with, its pretty legit. For a lower end gun it will put 3 rounds in an 1 inch box at 100 yrds (first 2 will share the same hole usually)

Shotgun: Remington 870
Its the only shotgun I own so yea...

I have a few others, but these are what I shoot on a regular basis

Dont own and want: S&W MP-15 Sport
Because I want an AR-15, and its the best of the lower end models imo

Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:26 am
Game Server Admin

I almost forgot, the gunshop/range that my roommate and I bought our guns from opened a second location closer to my house. Instead of driving an hour and a half to shoot, it's now about 15 minutes away, and they doubled their range length from 25 yards to 50 yards. I'm super excited!

Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:21 pm
[n00b] Member

cybrslsh wrote:
I almost forgot, the gunshop/range that my roommate and I bought our guns from opened a second location closer to my house. Instead of driving an hour and a half to shoot, it's now about 15 minutes away, and they doubled their range length from 25 yards to 50 yards. I'm super excited!

50 yards? Doubtful.

Indoor ranges are measured in feet.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

"It is better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!" - Emiliano Zapata

Owning nubs in CS since the betas.

Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:01 pm
[n00b] Member

^ Dick.

Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:38 pm
n00bfest Retired Ancient, Senior Admin

I would like a Henry big boy,not that exotic or expensive but its number one on my wish list right now.

Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:34 pm
[HNIC] Stзamroller ω

Natural Stoner wrote:
cybrslsh wrote:

50 yards? Doubtful.

Are you serious? How could you possibly even think that's even some sort of standard?

There are two 100yd indoor ranges in Austin TX: http://www.redsguns.com/

Guess they're not Natural Stoner compliant 'cause they don't say "300 feet".

-- Hunter S Thompson

Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:06 am
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

Gman wrote:
Natural Stoner wrote:
cybrslsh wrote:

50 yards? Doubtful.

Are you serious? How could you possibly even think that's even some sort of standard?

There are two 100yd indoor ranges in Austin TX: http://www.redsguns.com/

Guess they're not Natural Stoner compliant 'cause they don't say "300 feet".

LOL. I wish I had that. There's zero long range indoor ranged by me.

Longest one is 75 feet.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

"It is better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!" - Emiliano Zapata

Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:32 am
One-Eyed Elder, Senior Admin

I was talking with one of my buddies about this once, we were debating about shooting and he was bragging about being able to shoot the balls off of a gnat at 100 yards. My argument was what good was it going to do him IRL? In most real life (outside of the police, military and war zones) shootings, you're only going to need accuracy up to about 6-10 feet. You're very rarely going to need to hit a target that is a football field away, most shootings are close up and personal. So, while I applaud his ability to be able to shoot a small target that's far away, I think it's more crucial to be able to think fast and hit what's right in front of you.

Anyways, I have a Smith & Wesson Model M&P15T 5.56 mm, Tactical - a little .22 cricket - a mosin nagant - a mossberg 12 gauge and a glock 21sf. At the moment, I'm through with buying guns. More focused on paying off debt, putting money in my retirement plan and fixing up my house <--- more or less in that order.

My current project is my garage makeover. I'm redoing the walls, so far I've been able to do them for about 75 bucks, by the time it's over, I hope to come in under $400 for the whole room. Dropping the ceiling is going to be a bitch! I'll post pics when I'm done...

Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:44 pm
Profile YIM
[n00b] Member

I lost all my guns in a freak boating accident.

I've downsized most of my weapons

S&W1911PD
S&W M&P340
Benelli Super Nova 12 (duck gun)
H&R Ultra Slug Hunter 12 (deer gun)
H&R Pardner 12 (first gun)
Ruger 10/22 (bunny and tree rat gun)

I just recently sold and or traded my AK, M&P45c and a Sig Mosquito.

I'm thinking I'm in the market for a 4" S&W500 or a large caliber derringer. Not sure which I'll end up with first or when, derringer is less than half the cost of the 500 but the 500 makes my wiener way bigger.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:57 am
Profile YIM
Game Server Admin

Natural Stoner wrote:
cybrslsh wrote:

50 yards? Doubtful.

Not this one. http://shootpointblank.com/faqs/ http://shootpointblank.com/now-open-pb-west/
second is new location.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:36 am
n00bfest Council

well coach I regularly kill deer at 100-300 yards with my Remington r25 witch by the way is my favorite riffle I own, and the list goes on I have a ruger 10-22,winchester 94 30-30,a s&w 1000 12 gauge, browning 2 shot auto 12 gauge, amd 65 with trigicon red dot , berretta px4 storm 9mm ,Springfield 1911 45 acp and a traditions muzzle loader, and my wife has marlin 336 30-30 for hunting, dpms ar15 with trigicon red dot for fun and zombie apocalypse, ak 74 with trigicon red dot ,cva muzzle loader,and as a conceal carry a walther pk380.

Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:32 am
[n00b] Member

AnalChowMein wrote:

Devastating!

I'd be swimming to the bottom of the lake if I had to.

That's why I only bring what I need and leave as much as possible safe and locked up.

Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:39 pm
[n00b] Member

AnalChowMein wrote:

I'd like details.

Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:45 pm
[n00b] Member

I'm kicking around a few purchases I've been thinking about, maybe Gman or someone can help me out with.

I can't decide if I wanna just stock up on some mags and ammo, or if wanna build an AR lower with a bump fire stock, which are not cheap, but something I see being illegal in the future (way cheaper than buying a full auto anyway).

Or, a bigger purchase I've been dreaming about. My only full power rifles are my lever 30-30 and my Springfield M1903 30-06.

I'd really like to get an M1A. You can shoot a lot farther with it than a .223/5.56, that's for sure. Designated riflemen have been using them over in the sandbox because engagements tend to happen at such long ranges. It's a really good rifle.

.308 isn't even ridiculous expensive either.

Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:53 pm
[HNIC] Stзamroller ω

Natural Stoner wrote:
I'm kicking around a few purchases I've been thinking about, maybe Gman or someone can help me out with.

I can't decide if I wanna just stock up on some mags and ammo, or if wanna build an AR lower with a bump fire stock, which are not cheap, but something I see being illegal in the future (way cheaper than buying a full auto anyway).

Or, a bigger purchase I've been dreaming about. My only full power rifles are my lever 30-30 and my Springfield M1903 30-06.

I'd really like to get an M1A. You can shoot a lot farther with it than a .223/5.56, that's for sure. Designated riflemen have been using them over in the sandbox because engagements tend to happen at such long ranges. It's a really good rifle.

.308 isn't even ridiculous expensive either.

All I can say is don't buy a Springfield or anything with a cast receiver if you really want it to last. McMillan makes really great M1a's. I've been in the market for one for a while. Just gotta fine one at the right price.

Honestly, the M1A won't be able to do anything that your M1903 will. The M1903 is still my favorite rifle of all time. They just can't be beat. If you were looking to spend $3k+ on a rifle, I'd take a good long look at a pre-64 Winchester model 70. You can get them in just about any caliber you'd like, but I'd go with .30-06 (that's what my M70 is) because it's the most versatile hunting round out there. You can hunt with 110gn pills up to big ol' fat 220gn. Everything from little tiny whitetails in south TX up to F*CKING Kodiak bears. At the end of the day, .308 is just a pussified, door-closing .30-06. You keep the same ballistics with a ~150gn round, but you lose the ability to make really effective 110gn screamers and 220gn motherfucking-anvil rounds because of the restricted case capacity. F*CK, for a thousand bucks you can get a rock-solid M1 Garand. You've pretty much _got_ to reload for Garands (or buy a modified gas system), but it's worth it. The peeps on a Garand can put you on a man-sized target at 500yds easy. You can take game at 100-200 yds (ethically) with an M1, too.

-- Hunter S Thompson

Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:19 am
Profile WWW
Raging Knight

What do you guys think of the Remington 700? It's something I've wanted to buy in the hopes of turning it into a really solid reach-out-and-touch-something rifle for under $1500. Recommendations on that?

Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:23 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next