n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 10:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 blue screen meaning? 
Game Server Admin

Post blue screen meaning?
Ok so family reunion was this weekend sucked balls and boring had a awesome storm I wasn't home and something happen either critical error or power surge. But my comp was stuck on the loading screen of the mobo. So I restarted, told it to restart in windows fix mode, it told me couldn't fix it, so I was like ok just start computer in normal mode and ill do a restore on it. It starts to load the windows icon where it comes from background to foreground...it stops when its half way through that screen flashes a blue screen and restarts comp. (When I mean flash like .5 second its up and gone) After like 30 pictures I finally got a few good pictures of it with my phone. I have no idea what its tryn to say but I got enough info to do a chsdsk /f via command promt. And that says its locked can't do anything. (When it fails to fix problem in windows fix mode it let's u try to do a system restore or use command promts, I tried both...neither worked). So I know its not my PSU GPU MOBO CPU because I get power video and can get into my bios. I can't do a memory check I run it but it says after restart it'll give me the results...well I can't get to results lol. Also my bio say I have all 16gig still. Oh and reason I think its power surge is only other thing off in my house was the cable modem (is in living room on a surge protector) my clock wasn't flashing but if it was quick it'd not reset also my fan was turned off (in my room on differen outlet than computer and computer is on surge protection).

http://imageshack.us/photo/photo/69/20120709032039.jpg/

"I am the robber of my cradle. Candy is my body and teddy-bears are my blood. I have snached over a thousand little girls. Unknown to police. Nor known to Chris Henson. Have withstood time to stalk many children. Yet those kids will never be enough. So as I pray--"

Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:41 am
Game Server Admin

Post Re: blue screen meaning?
Have you tried resetting your cmos battery?
have you tried booting off an install disc?

Have you tried using the alternate ram slots?
Try a second hard disk or try booting off a cd (also try plugging in your Hardrive to a different sata port on the mobo)

Power surges can be awful things. Although most of the time they do little damage they can be very destructive at times

you may possibly have a a damaged motherboard or hard drive. Hard to tell though based on the info your giving me because the strike may have harmed more than 1 component

Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:51 am
Game Server Admin

I would do another hdd if I had one lol, I tried my cd reboot won't work (probably have to reinstall completely) and coms battery makes sense didn't think that. My ram slots are full 4 4gig sticks.

"I am the robber of my cradle. Candy is my body and teddy-bears are my blood. I have snached over a thousand little girls. Unknown to police. Nor known to Chris Henson. Have withstood time to stalk many children. Yet those kids will never be enough. So as I pray--"

Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:12 am
n00bfest Elder, Senior Admin

0x7B....that sounds familiar...is it XP?

strangelegend@n00bfest.com

Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:25 am
Profile WWW
n00bfest Elder, Senior Admin

Ah, inaccessible boot device, thats right.

OS is shot. Try a repair, if no go, reinstall.

strangelegend@n00bfest.com

Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:26 am
Profile WWW
Game Server Admin

Yeah os was shot...I reinstalled it pos lol now redl evrything

Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]