n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 8:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Ban Evasion 
[HNIC] Stзamroller ω

Post Ban Evasion
I wasn't going to post this publicly but I think that every once in a while, someone needs to have an example made out of them.

Fomenta recently developed a few tools per my request to allow us to run queries against people we've banned to see if they've returned under new steam accounts. It's worked amazingly well.

Emerald's old steamid: http://n00bfest.com/stats/player.php?id=45..

After running some queries on the information available there, I found her other old VAC'd shit + the ID we most recently banned.

Then I found a new account that was played as recently as Feb 24th. http://www.n00bfest.com/stats/player.php?id=22635.

Through further digging, I found another account that has been played on as recent as TODAY: http://www.n00bfest.com/stats/player.php?id=12100.

The other names listed on that steamid and the period of inactivity before she started using it implies that it's an account that LuckyStrikes gave her. Why would he give her an account? Because hers was banned, of course!

Assisting a member of n00bfest that was banned for cheating in evading our ban systems is a bannable offense.

I've banned Emerald's steamid's (all 5 of them) as well as LuckyStrikes. Let this be a lesson to you all. You will get caught. I have a list of likely-returning folks that I run queries against every few weeks.

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
-- Hunter S Thompson

Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:47 pm
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

Post Re: Ban Evasion
I take it luckys ban was of the permanent status?

Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:07 pm
[n00b] Member

thats neat

tikimon@n00bfest.com

viewtopic.php?f=98&t=30772.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:08 pm
[HNIC] Stзamroller ω

snuggle wrote:
I take it luckys ban was of the permanent status?

Yes.

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
-- Hunter S Thompson

Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:33 pm
Profile WWW
Not Worthy of [n00b]

Nicely done.

Listen to Gman folks, dont hack cuz you won't be back, help a douchbag and get hit with the banhammer yourself.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:34 pm
Game Server Admin

Damn.......... thats intense shit. Thats too bad about lucky =( but i guess it is what it is

Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:38 pm
[n00b] Member

Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_03

why do people keep thinking they can get the best of n00bfest. that kind of shit never works

gg Gman

Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:06 pm
[n00b] Member

Wow, impressive work on Foment's and your's Adam. Good Job

Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:48 pm
[n00b] Member

Nicely done, I never understood why someone would want more than one steam id if they arnt legit.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:51 pm
[n00b] Member

KuNg_Fu wrote:
Nicely done, I never understood why someone would want more than one steam id if they arnt legit.

So that they can evade bans.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:05 pm
Game Server Admin

Im gonna go out on a limb and defend Lucky.. I don't think he deserves a perma-ban. I feel that the account he let emerald use should be banned and he should still be allowed to play. However he should have to talk to Gman and the elders personally about it. He did help emerald play css on our server but truth is she did not hack on lucky's account. I know im gonna get flamed but atleast give lucky a chance to personally come clean. On a side note to all the ban evaders you will be caught and dealt with. Good job Gman

Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:29 pm
[n00b] Member

I support ZERO tolerance. Accounts don't hack, people do. We ban accounts to keep the people from playing in our servers, community members who subvert this process are subverting us as a whole and make a mockery of our ways.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, "I'm from the government and I'm here to help." -Ronald Reagan

Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:36 pm
Profile YIM
[n00b] Member

The internet is your bitch gmonz.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:36 pm
Lazer Jesus

Emerald, if you're reading this I've got plenty of Steam IDs you can use for a price.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:13 pm
[n00b] Member

CLOROX wrote:
Im gonna go out on a limb and defend Lucky.. I don't think he deserves a perma-ban. I feel that the account he let emerald use should be banned and he should still be allowed to play. However he should have to talk to Gman and the elders personally about it. He did help emerald play css on our server but truth is she did not hack on lucky's account. I know im gonna get flamed but atleast give lucky a chance to personally come clean. On a side note to all the ban evaders you will be caught and dealt with. Good job Gman

The one thing is, do we know that Lucky gave her that account after she got banned? Or did she receive it prior to the vac ban in which case he didn't purposely help her evade ban.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:14 pm
[n00b] Member

I wish there was a way for you to check how early ago she had started using my old steam ID because I have her that ID and password well before you guys perma banned her. If you recall her account was compromised and hacked a while back when she was still a n00b member. I gave her my old ID in the meantime until she recovered her old account. Which she did, and months later got banned with it.

Your the one with the tools though and I have no way to prove I didn't authorize her to use my account on the n00bfest servers post her ban let alone even know she was still using my account at all still. I wont flame about you guys not trusting me or the situation since you've already reached your conclusion.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:16 pm
[n00b] Member

Zero tolerance is def the way to go.

oh and...

Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:46 pm
n00bfest Asshole

I guess showing your tits doesn't get you too far anymore....

Oh well, so sad. Not really....that's what happens when you hack and then try to outsmart people....

I hope Tom Brady gets anally raped in Hell.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:57 pm
Game Server Admin

LuckyStrikes wrote:
I wish there was a way for you to check how early ago she had started using my old steam ID because I have her that ID and password well before you guys perma banned her. If you recall her account was compromised and hacked a while back when she was still a n00b member. I gave her my old ID in the meantime until she recovered her old account. Which she did, and months later got banned with it.

Your the one with the tools though and I have no way to prove I didn't authorize her to use my account on the n00bfest servers post her ban let alone even know she was still using my account at all still. I wont flame about you guys not trusting me or the situation since you've already reached your conclusion.
ill vouge for that after readingf this i do recall emerald saying she was borrowing Lucky's account well before she was ever vac'ed But its still the elders decision

Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:27 pm
[n00b] Member

Oh shit, I remember playing with catdog today!
GG fomenta and Gman!

Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next