n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 6:10 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Winners of the Tournament! 
Retired n00bfest O.G.

Post Winners of the Tournament!
Team 3: Team Big Mouth Billy Bass

Hooker
Money
Ben
HOMOSEXUAL
Strange

Congratulations to the winners, and all who attended. Most of the matches were very close games, including the final match. Eventually, we'll set up a survey for you guys to provide feedback on how the tournament went, what you would like to see chance, etc. Prizes will be announced shortly by Gman for the winners. Thanks again for all those who attended. Also, thanks to those who helped volunteer their time to keep the tournament running:

Fomenta
Iceman
Spyda
Dien
State
DirkDeagler

Thanks to you guys, we had a great tournament. I couldn't have done it without each of you listed above. I saw a lot of good changes in this tournament and a couple things we could change to make better, that are already being worked on. Your contributions don't go unnoticed!

Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:35 pm
Game Server Admin

Post Re: Winners of the Tournament!
YAY!!!!! GG guys that last match was my best yet at n00bfest.

viewtopic.php?f=98&t=34818..

viewtopic.php?f=98&t=48524&p=2952015#p2952015

Last edited by Money on Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:37 pm
Profile WWW
n00bfest Elder, Senior Admin

Good tournament! ALL OF YOU WHO DIDN'T SHOW SUCK C*CK!

Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:40 pm
[n00b] Member

Gratz! Amazing last match. 10-5 both halfs, taking it to a 4-2 Tiebrake. Really amazing. <3333 dien, soupsandwhich, badguy, and Kurby. Amazing teamwork and we kept strong till the end!

Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:45 pm
Not Worthy of [n00b]

I think rules regarding any sort of overtime should be discussed BEFORE the match not during.
Also last match needs review , team was throwing nades from blind spots and knew my position ( wich was diff every round) wasnt moving to be put on radar : /

If everything checks out Ok, I will accept the outcome, untill then I stand firm on my convictions.

Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:45 pm

dabadguy wrote:
I think rules regarding any sort of overtime should be discussed BEFORE the match not during.
Also last match needs review , team was throwing nades from blind spots and knew my position ( wich was diff every round) wasnt moving to be put on radar : /

If everything checks out Ok, I will accept the outcome, untill then I stand firm on my convictions.

UMADBRO?

Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:46 pm
Not Worthy of [n00b]

Sweet Pea wrote:
dabadguy wrote:

UMADBRO?

Not mad about losing, Will be mad if i find out someone was cheating

Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:47 pm
Game Server Admin

Sweet Pea wrote:
dabadguy wrote:

UMADBRO?

dude thats bullshit just because we know were to throw nades on a map everyone plays dose not mean were hacking it just means we are good at guessing were you are at...btw thows nade were mostly coming from me and heres my xac acc if you want to look at it http://www.xraygaming.com/forums/member.php?u=209074

viewtopic.php?f=98&t=34818..

viewtopic.php?f=98&t=48524&p=2952015#p2952015

Last edited by Money on Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:48 pm
Profile WWW
Game Server Admin

I don't think this is the right place for angy posts. Please bring them elsewhere or PM one of the tournament admins with any complaints and issues you have.

Congratulations to everyone that played in the tournament and hopefully we will have another soon.

Team 5 was particularly impressive and everyone was on top of their game.

Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:59 pm
[n00b] Member

dabadguy wrote:

If demos were involved you could call those out. But theres no way to prove that because no demos were inforced for exchanging. XAC only shows radar and walling,. Not aimbot, multiventing, ghosting, norecoil or anything else.

They say that ghosting has never been an issue before. How can you prove it? Theres no way. What was the delay on the HLTV for broadcasting and viewing? 30 seconds is not enough time to prevent that. Some people are saying there was no delay. Was it a round like a professional length of time would be?

Although I will say that team 3 was ridiculously stacked compared to every other team and it changed without notice which I addressed prior to this even starting with Dirk. Thats not sore feeling over losing. Psychostats were involved in placing Natural in Emops place. Why wasn't this taken into account for team 3 compared to other teams?

That's not downing team 3s win because they are all wonderful players and cool as shit. Everyone looked at it and knew what the outcome would be. Wheres the fun in that? That's downing the fact that we were misled to believe things would be fair.

I drank and had fun. All you can say is GG and take it in stride. I know I didn't play to the best of my ability today. So I'm not butthurt for my team losing. They're all cool as shit. Lose or win it is what it is.

Reg or whatever else you may say will not change the fact its over and done with.

Great game to everyone that played.

Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:12 pm

dabadguy wrote:

Someone is wicked pissed.

If we were hacking, someone would've caught it. There had to have been 12+ people watching the live feed. Less QQ please.

strangelegend@n00bfest.com

Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:27 pm
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

Also. Ban Reborn 2011

[n00b] Member

Strange wrote:
dabadguy wrote:

Someone is wicked pissed.

If we were hacking, someone would've caught it. There had to have been 12+ people watching the live feed. Less QQ please.

You only hack at being Epic and muziks. Everyone knows this.

\m/

Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:28 pm
Profile WWW

Actually there was 20+ people watching the final match. And that's just with the live feed. Who knows who was watching on SourceTV in CS?

Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:30 pm
[n00b] Member

Congrats, fools! :D

Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:35 pm
[n00b] Member

Sweet Pea wrote:
Good tournament! ALL OF YOU WHO DIDN'T SHOW SUCK C*CK!

Jeez, sorry for getting my time off requested denied and posted at last min when I couldn't get my hour switched with my drunken friend who didn't even show up for that day.

At least I said that I would be late

Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:37 pm
[n00b] Member

dabadguy wrote:

That is some ill attitude, I told you during the match that you will not win this game running on thoughts like that. Take it from someone who's been in the CS competitive scene for over 5 years, and conversing with "Pros" over the time, that is a attitude that leads to losses. And you're really that convinced that people are out to cheat during this tournament, let alone higher up n00bs who've helped mold this community over time?? You lost my respect.
m3L1sS4 wrote:
dabadguy wrote:

If demos were involved you could call those out. But theres no way to prove that because no demos were inforced for exchanging. XAC only shows radar and walling,. Not aimbot, multiventing, ghosting, norecoil or anything else.

They say that ghosting has never been an issue before. How can you prove it? Theres no way. What was the delay on the HLTV for broadcasting and viewing? 30 seconds is not enough time to prevent that. Some people are saying there was no delay. Was it a round like a professional length of time would be?

Although I will say that team 3 was ridiculously stacked compared to every other team and it changed without notice which I addressed prior to this even starting with Dirk. Thats not sore feeling over losing. Psychostats were involved in placing Natural in Emops place. Why wasn't this taken into account for team 3 compared to other teams?

That's not downing team 3s win because they are all wonderful players and cool as shit. Everyone looked at it and knew what the outcome would be. Wheres the fun in that? That's downing the fact that we were misled to believe things would be fair.

I drank and had fun. All you can say is GG and take it in stride. I know I didn't play to the best of my ability today. So I'm not butthurt for my team losing. They're all cool as shit. Lose or win it is what it is.

Reg or whatever else you may say will not change the fact its over and done with.

Great game to everyone that played.

Team stacking, really?? As grown adults, I want you to take the moment and just think about the level of contribution you're giving here. We've had the teams modified over several times, with input and advice from many members who've played here for a while and know the players as is. For you, and even other n00bs to sit there, and cry that teams were stacked for Team 3 in comparison to other teams bothers me a little. I mentioned this in the vent and I'll say it again:

I was paired up with 4 other players which I have NEVER played with, conversed with and hell, I didn't even know they were part of n00bfest. Judging from initial first few rounds, I'll be honest, I didn't think we'd go far with other teams at my disposal. I didn't sit there and complain in my head "What the hell are these idiots doing." I set the tone and tempo, and became a role model, teaching them diverse tactics and mindsets as to how to play and act as a team. I didn't even have half as much time as you all to sit down and pep talk my teammates about strats, because I was helping acid and Iceman make the stream interesting. As a result, we won our first game with a great turn around. We steam rolled our second game, and we forced our Finals into Overtime. I had friends of mine in the community convinced that my team wasn't going to even reach 2nd round. What does that say??

Ask any of the 4 players on my team about my attitude ingame, out of game and level of knowledge and encouragement I passed on. They'll all tell you they had one of the greatest times playing with people they never met. For those who watched, they had a greater time with the nail biting back and forth. And the ghosting?? I could care less if people ghosted my team, this tournament was meant to be for fun and for the sake of bringing in fellow n00bs to meet and play and enjoy times with each other. What happened to playing, for the sake of playing??

Good game everyone, I hope to see you in the servers

P.S. - Don't take this as a post that I'm flaming or insulting, I am merely throwing out my two cents and in no way am I pointing someone out, it just so happened that your post melissa helped align my follow up response. You still cool girl, even though I haven't talked or played with you :)

Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:52 pm
Profile YIM

♥ you dieN.

Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:57 pm
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

Dien.

It was a really good match. I was really on edge for the first time in a long time. I'm glad you posted a response. I want to apologize for Iceman, and to you. I know I get a bit hot headed at times. This was one of those times. Thank you for taking it in stride.

To everyone else, the people who organized the tournament put in a ton of effort. More than you could imagine. Looking over these teams they were as fair as could have been made under the circumstances of people not showing up... thank you acid and Dirk for the effort. I had fun. It seems that Dien and his team did as well.

Per the usual, noobfest love. It was fun. I yelled a lot, both angry and cumming.

Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:07 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next