n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 11:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 XAC Update 
n00bfest Elder, Lead Developer

Post XAC Update
In order to clear up any confusion, everyone must use XAC when scrimming. There have been exceptions made for terrible computers but not nearly as many exceptions as people who have not been using it.

Effective immediately, the exception list is empty. See -- the exception list:
(empty)

-- that means, unless you talk to me or an Elder / Ancient, and we discuss it and then get back to you, telling you that its okay, then you will be expected to run XAC on all scrims.

Now. That being said, we are currently reviewing the effectiveness of XAC and our decision to move to it. This will likely go on for a few weeks, but if anyone has any comments on XAC (please make them constructive, even if you really hate it), PM me and I'll make sure your input is taken into account.

<3s,
fomenta.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:03 pm
Game Server Admin

Post Re: XAC Update
Alright, good to know. I'll get back to using it again.

Any ideas why XAC freezes all the time ? Is anyone else having the same issue ? It works fine, but I can't exit the program. It just freezes everytime.

I still have yet to find out what exactly XAC does ? I mean, i've seen screenshots on the main page that caught obvious hacking. Like seeing outlines of people through walls and stuff. But what about the not so obvious ones ?

Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:11 pm
Game Server Admin

In theory XaC works........But its effectiveness is diminished when screen shots don't upload. I have also realized that if i alt-tab out or open firefox to live it It will screw up my screenshot...Here is an example Image

I DONT KNOW WTF happened to those shots.

Also it make some people time out frequently.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:18 pm
[n00b] Member

HAX

Player [[n00b] Reborn''] [STEAM_0:1:456925]
Time 02/21/2010 @ 17:17:03

Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:49 pm

Thats because you're running CS at a resolution XAC doesn't support.

And how do you know it makes you lag out?

Also, I've never heard of a situation where screenshots never uploaded unless you deleted them. It may have taken a day or so until the servers weren't full, but they would always upload.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:22 pm
Retired n00bfest O.G.

fomenta wrote:
Thats because you're running CS at a resolution XAC doesn't support.

And how do you know it makes you lag out?

Also, I've never heard of a situation where screenshots never uploaded unless you deleted them. It may have taken a day or so until the servers weren't full, but they would always upload.

XAC doesn't make you lag out, period. It doesn't even keep a constant connection with the server, just a heartbeat.
Screenshots ALWAYS get uploaded. You might have to wait until a Monday night or an early Saturday morning, but they will always upload.
I don't know who it was (but I have a pretty good hunch) who was saying not to run XAC, but just because Fomenta, myself, or any other admin aren't there to police you up, doesn't mean the rules don't apply anymore. I had a lot of people telling me certain people were telling them not to worry about running XAC for just one scrim, etc, etc. All I can say is... let me catch you. Everyone bitched and complained about so-and-so being awesome one day, terrible the next, and calling members, and newcomers out for cheats but when we enforce something that can work for everyone... nobody wants to utilize it to their advantage. If you don't like the XAC, don't scrim. If you have a problem with XAC there's an entire website dedicated to help you with a community behind it. If you have a suggestion about using XAC or an issue with someone not uploading screenshots, there's an open forum for you to post your suggestions in, and an email address you can complain to. There's no excuses.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:52 pm
Game Server Admin

Caniboid wrote:
Any ideas why XAC freezes all the time ? Is anyone else having the same issue ? It works fine, but I can't exit the program. It just freezes everytime.

Yah, it crashes everytime I close it too, but meh. It still uploads, so no biggie.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:31 pm
Game Server Admin

Ya, it uploads so there is no problem there. As long as it works for that.

Acid, one comment on the lag out part. It doesn't make me lag out. But I think it makes me glitch for a second. Just like 2 seconds, but it's noticable. I would say that it's not XAC, but every time I use it for a scrim it happens, the 3 days I didn't use it. It stopped happening, then this post was made, so I started using it again and it's happening again. I don't care if my screen get's jumpy for a second cuz I like scrimming. Just figured i'de mention it. I think it might be when it takes a screen shot. It happens about 5-6 times per scrim(every scrim I get 5-7 screen shots.) I guess that's something I should ask in Xac forums.

And CLOROX, Fomenta said it already but, it's your resolution. I have about 180+ screen shots that are the same way. I asked in XAC forums and they said what fomenta said. One question. Did it start happening when you got your new comp ? That's when it happened to me, the same day I got a new GPU.

Last edited by Caniboid on Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:48 pm

Caniboid wrote:
Ya, it uploads so there is no problem there. As long as it works for that.

Acid, one comment on the lag out part. It doesn't make me lag out. But I think it makes me glitch for a second. Just like 2 seconds, but it's noticable. I would say that it's not XAC, but every time I use it for a scrim it happens, the 3 days I didn't use it. It stopped happening, then this post was made, so I started using it again and it's happening again. I don't care if my screen get's jumpy for a second cuz I like scrimming. Just figured i'de mention it. I think it might be when it takes a screen shot. It happens about 5-6 times per scrim(every scrim I get 5-7 screen shots.) I guess that's something I should ask in Xac forums.

Next time you glitch, write down where you are in the map and what your health is -- then when your screenshots upload and process, see if its the same thing.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:53 pm
Game Server Admin

That's what I did(but instead of health I wrote the time.) I'll do another one with my health and everything next scrim. But this is the ss from the time I wrote down.
http://www.xraygaming.com/index.php?id= ... d=specific

But like I said, I don't care if it glitches, as long as i'm not in the middle of a fire fight, then i'm dead :). But I figured I should clarify this, glitchy = Really choppy!

Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:11 pm
Game Server Admin

those shots were from, my laptop, I did have a fps config and was running a very low resolution of 720x480 i believe that day to see if i had a better game play experience. I now have my new comp and run at 1440x900 maxed with no issues. thanks for the info though. I was having upload issues for awhile but it has stopped recently*it would always say 9shots remaining but w/e ). I dont cheat except that one time against .420 LOL JK[ so i dont mind using it i just wanted to find out why those shots were fucked

Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:27 pm
Retired n00bfest O.G.

Turn off Anti-Aliasing. XAC is supposed to do this to keep you from lagging when it takes screenshots, but maybe it is failing. Try turning your AA down or off, and turning your filtering to Trillinear. This may fix the issue.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]