n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 11:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Strife 
[HNIC] Stзamroller ω

Post Strife
I've spent the better part of the last 6 years pouring my soul into this place because I love it so much. You guys are all awesome (except JoeMamma, 'cause he's a dick) and I love playing CS with you. I love having you folks over at my house to drink beer. If I didn't, I wouldn't have spent the last two hours sorting out the latest dramafest. That being said, there's been some friction lately. I'm posting this because it needs to be said openly and to everyone here -- not just n00bs, admins, or elders: everyone.

There's been some strife lately between some folks here at n00bfest. There's been some subclan drama that's gotten way out of hand and there are a few guilty parties instigating. Those instigators (who shall remain nameless) need to stop. You folks figure out a way to rectify this on your own, or I'm going to rectify it for you. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, so I'd rather you work it out on your own. Let bygones be bygones and get over it. Nobody in n00bfest woke you up this morning by dragging their sack across your face, so there's no need to hold any sort of personal grudge against someone as if they did. We're a family here. Family should be able to hug it out and move on. I trust that you'll be able to.

There have also been complaints about admin abuse. The guilty parties have been warned VERY sternly, and if it continues... I'm gonna send 12@G3 to their house with a shovel and a blowtorch to put in some work. That being said, all abuse complaints need to come DIRECTLY to the Elders. If there's a complaint against an Elder, bring it directly to me. If there's a complaint against me, bring it to Coach or fomenta and they'll handle it. Checks and balances, people. Everybody needs roped-in some time or another, and my feelings certainly won't be hurt if Coach or fomenta approach me and tell me that I need to chill the F*CK out because xzy.

I took over n00bfest full-time some time around July/August of last year. Ever since then, we've met or exceeded our donation goal and we've been able to keep on running. We spent over $350 on the last round of tournament prizes, which was a n00bfest first. There will be another tournament with prizes coming up. That's where this sorta turns into a sales pitch. This month, partially (I believe) because all of the drama around here, we've only got a measly $40 in the coffers and we're nearly 1/3rd the way to the goal. That sucks, but it's partially my fault for letting this shit get out of hand (new girlfriend keeps me busy on the weekends... in the Biblical sense). Things like this will not get out of hand in the future. I want to assure you that n00bfest will be alive and well for years to come, but I can't do it alone. We all need to embrace the idea that we're all family here and we should all respect one-another and do our part to keep this place alive and well. Let's set aside personal bickering, man up, and turn that bar from yellow to blue.

Love,
Adam "Gman" McCurdy

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
-- Hunter S Thompson

Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:05 am
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

Post Re: Strife
♥ you baby

Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:09 am
[n00b] Member

Amen Sister.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:37 am
Game Server Admin

♥'s Gman

Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:47 am
[n00b] Member

♥.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:16 am
Game Server Admin

Right you are haus. Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_11

Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:03 am
One-Eyed Elder, Senior Admin

How long have I preached to keep the scrims out of the main? Hmmm? This is a direct result of that. This fighting is childish, to say the least. Stop it.

Tonight I encouraged a scrim, but it was someone not associated to n00bfest that wanted to scrim n00b. Luff took the lead and took the scrim head on. GJ luff, but, keep scrim shit outta the main and we'll be aight.

If this (problem) persists, drastic action will be taken! DRASTIC I SAY!

Gman really has poured everything he has into this community. I have supported him 100% in every decision he's made. I still do. He and I think alike as far as this community goes and I wouldn't ask for a better leader.

On a different note: This community thrives on donations. If you want to see us fail, please, don't donate. If you want your main, scrim servers and prizes: donate. It's that simple. Up to you guys, as a whole.

I will say this though: I will make up donations, when possible, so we don't fail...but I would prefer that we have more Jewgold sponsors.

That is all.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:14 am
Profile YIM
Field Nigga

lol tazz

Made a small donation will try and give more in the future when I find a job F_ing student loans are killing me. Lets all give what we can and keep this place alive Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_02 .

Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:18 am
Sexual Chocolate

Gman wrote:
Nobody in n00bfest woke you up this morning by dragging their sack across your face

a boy can dream Gman... a boy can dream.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:20 am
Profile YIM
[n00b] Member

h!gh wrote:
Gman wrote:
Nobody in n00bfest woke you up this morning by dragging their sack across your face

a boy can dream Gman... a boy can dream.

I teabagged the ol lady last night then I made her get me a a sandwich.

I miss all the fun stuff............ I might make a return to the server with some $ in the kitty shortly after Christmas.....

Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:21 am
Profile YIM
[n00b] Member

n00bfest HOOAA

Player [[n00b] Reborn''] [STEAM_0:1:456925]
Time 02/21/2010 @ 17:17:03

Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:50 am
[n00b] Member

All for one and one for all.

For the brotherhood!

Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:27 am
Game Server Admin

Thanks G. We all love what you've done for this place. (And of course all the elders and ancients are appreciated)

When I joined n00b 2.5 years ago, I never thought it would turn into the love affair that it has. I have more love for this community than I ever thought possible, which is why I have put my money where my mouth is over the years. I don't have the computer skills that G and fomenta do, but I'm a businessman, and I know without funding we will parish, so that has been how I have been able to contribute. I will be donating this week, and I am in the process of obtaining a more lucrative job so I can contribute even more in the future.

We are forward bound n00bs, forever and always.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:01 pm
[n00b] Member

QFT

Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:04 pm
Profile WWW
Game Server Admin

Well written and well spoken. Our community is still the best imho.

Old Ode...

Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:50 pm
Profile YIM
[n00b] Member

I've only been here for under a year and I'm already in love with the community. Much love and respect to Gman and the elders, ancients, and everyone that keeps this community alive. I'm not gonna lie at first I never expected much but now I've been taken over and like coach said I'll be donating whenever I can, at least 10 bucks and I'll try to keep it a monthly thing to keep this community alive. Oh and Coach I'm planning on one day being up there on that Jewgold list, just gimme some time. Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_06 I'll get there! Thanks again to all those that make this place so wonderful.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:51 pm
n00bfest Asshole

You're right, Adam -- I AM a dick. Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_02

That is all.

♥ for the n00bfest, and I'm just kidding around. I'm working on my attitude...all you have to do is talk to me and tell me to calm down, and I'm good again.

I hope Tom Brady gets anally raped in Hell.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:04 pm
[n00b] Member

ive been here for a round a year and like purple ive feel like all the money i put in to this community was a great investment you guys are some of the coolest people ive ever met and every chance i get i will donate to all those who donate i hold up the shot glass to you all.

acid_rain wrote:
I am not going to explain my reasoning for anything, because I simply don't have to.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:20 pm
Profile YIM
Game Server Admin

Gman wrote:
...(new girlfriend keeps me busy on the weekends... in the Biblical sense)...

Bragger... Is her name Stella, Stella Artois?

And what Tazz said - Amen!

Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:29 pm
Profile WWW
Game Server Admin

You guys need to be more like us Canadians, we love everyone except Russian hockey players (they are all filthy cheaters and divers)!

♥ n00bfest 4EVR!

cptreynolds@n00bfest.com

Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:32 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next