n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 7:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Coloring on Comp 
[n00b] Member

Post Coloring on Comp
Yeah. Corel Painter is being a dick. Does anyone paint things digitally or color digitally cuz I can't find a smooth medium on here or one that'll mix the colors on photoshop.

Here's that monster thing I drew, I'm working on coloring it but the oils tool on Corel is being gritty shitty.

Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:21 pm
Profile YIM WWW
[n00b] Member

I don't know corel so I can't help you there. I also don't know what kinda "look" your going for but I like what you've done so far and would suggest continuing what ever methods you are employing.

*edit* You might find some help at: www.pixel2life.com. They have links to some great tutorials on a wide variety of programs.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, "I'm from the government and I'm here to help." -Ronald Reagan

Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:38 pm
Profile YIM
[n00b] Member

When it's finished I'm sure it'll look better, not saying it's bad now. The colouring scheme is good, maybe add a bit of a light radius from the flame (not an easy task).

I'm looking forward to the finished product.

www.twitch.tv/45Bananas

Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:10 pm
Profile YIM WWW
[n00b] Member

When it's finished I'm sure it'll look better, not saying it's bad now. The colouring scheme is good, maybe add a bit of a light radius from the flame (not an easy task).

I'm looking forward to the finished product.

well what I plan on doing is drawing in the reflection on the rock walls like they would if they were wet. That in my opinion is going to be the hardest part. I guess this type of shading looks ok but I think it's too gritty, I want a smoother style but with corel all the mediums leave brush mark textures which is shit.

Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:58 pm
Profile YIM WWW
[n00b] Member

That's gonna be difficult. Good luck with that one.

Use contrasting colours for the monster. Like, make him dark grey and dark blue with bright orange eyes.

It'd be schwing.

Maybe his eyes could be like, a source of light.

www.twitch.tv/45Bananas

Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:00 pm
Profile YIM WWW
[n00b] Member

May I suggest making another copy of the photo and mess around with it before going further. There might be a way to combine the mediums and the lows, see if you get a differnt result. If not try going medium and high. Just mix it up a bit. Find out what you like and then finish the actual drawing.

Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:13 am
[n00b] Member

May I suggest making another copy of the photo and mess around with it before going further. There might be a way to combine the mediums and the lows, see if you get a differnt result. If not try going medium and high. Just mix it up a bit. Find out what you like and then finish the actual drawing.

I've got like an original and I just open it and save it as different files. I've kinda given up with Corel for coloring this and I'm gonna see about borrowing a tablet from my friend so I can use photoshop better.

Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:14 am
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]