n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:57 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Bringing this up again..... 
Game Server Admin

Post Bringing this up again.....
Alright now that we have the secondary server up and running I want to suggest getting awps being allowed 1 per team. I have always been told this will never happen in the main and im alright with that, but allowing then 1 per team may help with the server being populated. I know this is probably going to get shut down but wanted to at least suggest it for the secondary as just an idea to bring more players in.

Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:11 pm
Spammer Hopeful

Post Re: Bringing this up again.....
Reversing the map rotation on the secondary would be awesome too, there are times where they are literally inline with each other. The biggest reason to reverse it though is so that people can play the maps that are at the end since it usually gets RTV'd by the time it hits prodigy or train and then people never get to play de_inferno, de_tides, cs_port, de_season or de_nuke.

Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:28 pm
Profile WWW
n00bfest Council

I dont think awps happen..
But instead of one per team.. There is a mod I've seen that does a quota. A player can buy and awp once or twice a map and thats it.
That would be better.

Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:52 pm
Profile YIM
Game Server Admin

mossyoak wrote:
I dont think awps happen..
But instead of one per team.. There is a mod I've seen that does a quota. A player can buy and awp once or twice a map and thats it.
That would be better.

Yeah thats a better idea. I said its a long shot for anything like this to happen, but figured I would bring it up and just see. The secondary is rarely full and could be fun to have it be a little bit different.

Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:02 pm
n00bfest Council

I hate awps plain and simple, but I understand people with a love for them, especially scrimmers... I guess it would work... and reversing the map rotation... never came up in my mind but I like that too... both would get my support honestly...

Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:40 pm
n00bfest Council

The Awp Mod is Deff. The way to go...
That way one person cannot dominate.. (I know for a fact that i would use an awp every time i had the opportunity)
I also like the reversing rotation idea.

Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:46 pm
Profile YIM
n00bfest Council

mossyoak wrote:
That way one person cannot dominate.. (I know for a fact that i would use an awp every time i had the opportunity)

Agree the mod would be good... question is if Mani would flip a bitch if it was on it. And yes I know people will be selfish (not saying you are) they would try every single time to get an AWP no matter what. I can't blame them but come on now! :P

Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:10 pm
Spammer Hopeful

http://addons.eventscripts.com/addons/v ... tation_awp
I think that's the awp mod that has a quota per player depending on the amount of people on the server, not sure though since the French to English translator Chrome uses isn't perfect.

Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:41 pm
Profile WWW
n00bfest Council

Hito wrote:
mossyoak wrote:

Agree the mod would be good... question is if Mani would flip a bitch if it was on it. And yes I know people will be selfish (not saying you are) they would try every single time to get an AWP no matter what. I can't blame them but come on now! :P

Oh if I could buy an AWP I would every single round lol

Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:47 pm
Profile YIM
[n00b] Member

Shottyfest?

Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:56 pm
n00bfest Council

mossyoak wrote:
Hito wrote:
mossyoak wrote:

Oh if I could buy an AWP I would every single round lol

Well fine then...

YOU SELFISH AWP HOGGING WHORE!

Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_02

Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:14 pm
[n00b] Member

Yeah, I would MUCH prefer a quota system. I ran a server for a while where the mod set it so that people could only buy so many, but also that there was a maximum of so many awps per team dependent upon either win/loss ratio or how many people were in the server.

Without some sort of quota system, it'd basically be me, Mossy, honestly? and everyone else who just LOVES to AWP, turning it into a total AWPfest, which is only fun in a highly competitive environment where it's reflexes and wits and everyone is just as good of a shot.

Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:51 am
Forum Newbie

honestly? wrote:
Alright now that we have the secondary server up and running I want to suggest getting awps being allowed 1 per team. I have always been told this will never happen in the main and im alright with that, but allowing then 1 per team may help with the server being populated. I know this is probably going to get shut down but wanted to at least suggest it for the secondary as just an idea to bring more players in.

I agree 100%. This is my first post here so I know my opinion doesn't count but I have always been a fan of "pure" servers without gun restrictions, add ons, etc. n00b is super close expect for the AWP restriction.

But, I definitely understand the desire the place limitations on the gun because it is annoying with 70% of the team has one. I think 2 AWP's per 14 player team is fine, but 1 would at least be something.

Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:01 am
[n00b] Member

I would love to see this happen!!! I think there should be 1 awp per team and if you already bought one you cant buy another till the map change

Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:12 pm
n00bfest Council

Tazzaler wrote:
Shottyfest?

THIS ALSO.

Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:11 pm
Profile YIM
Game Server Admin

OMG! GIVE IT A F*CKING REST ALREADY! NO FAGGOTY AWPS!

You want an AWP go play somewhere else, you want a challenge you play here. I hope Gman starts forum banning people who won't stop F*CKING crying about faggoty guns.

cptreynolds@n00bfest.com

Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:24 pm
Profile WWW
n00bfest Council

CPTReynolds wrote:

You want an AWP go play somewhere else, you want a challenge you play here. I hope Gman starts forum banning people who won't stop F*CKING crying about faggoty guns.

Whoa whoa whoa Cpt! So ur a creeper and a forum troll too? :P

Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:19 pm
Spammer Hopeful

CPTReynolds wrote:

The AWP is more of a challenge to use then the Scout, also you allow P90's on the server so there really isn't much of a challenge on there.

The Scout has a lot more maneuver ability then the AWP, you move faster then with a knife out. There's only a handful of people that play on the server that will actually not miss using the AWP or Scout, so the Scout is a lot better for the baddies to use cause if they miss they can run away and re-setup to shoot again instead of getting rushed on. Also no-scoping is a joke with the scout unlike with the AWP.

Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:37 pm
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

davep wrote:
CPTReynolds wrote:

The AWP is more of a challenge to use then the Scout, also you allow P90's on the server so there really isn't much of a challenge on there.

The Scout has a lot more maneuver ability then the AWP, you move faster then with a knife out. There's only a handful of people that play on the server that will actually not miss using the AWP or Scout, so the Scout is a lot better for the baddies to use cause if they miss they can run away and re-setup to shoot again instead of getting rushed on. Also no-scoping is a joke with the scout unlike with the AWP.

lol no, no way someone scouting will beat someone awping,

Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:36 pm
[n00b] Member

Fird wrote:
davep wrote:
CPTReynolds wrote:

lol no, no way someone scouting will beat someone awping,

Speak for yourself. When I get back on the server, I'm challenging you to a 1v1 scout vs awp and then we'll trade guns. I will still kick your ass regardless of weapon. I know how to use both, and to very good effect. If I didn't know how I would bet on the scout every time but because I am highly proficient in using either one, it comes down to preference. I prefer the awp due to its mechanics and if it did the same amount of damage as the scout I'd still prefer it simply because I like the way it operates. The scout is way too easy to use for one thing, and it sounds gay as hell.

There is one caveat to all this though. If you're assuming that both players are just as skilled with both weapons and you enforce a no-headshot rule, then the awp obviously wins. However, if you let headshots stand, the scout is a headshot machine whether or not you're scoped or standing still.

Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:04 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next