n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 9:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Question 
Game Server Admin

Post Question
So when did it become custom to take money away from entire teams to balance teams. I can understand being upset at keep losing and what not. In my opinion giving money to your team and no clip to a player and asking ppl to switch are all acceptable. But when you go through at the start of a round and take all the money away from a team that shit gets old and annoying. I have seen it happen twice before and may have moaned but it doesnt just annoy it cause ppl to leave the server. Now I didnt stick around this last time i just left, but I have seen it happen twice before where the server went from 20 plus players to 12. Even worst is the admin who does this i have never seen do it when his team is winning. So my only question is should there be some limitations to doing this or does that seem perfectly ok?

Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:19 pm
Spammer Hopeful

Post Re: Question
Balance the teams and you won't lose your cash. Spidey takes the winning side's cash at the start of the round and gives the losing side cash because without armor and rifles the winning team is less likely to win. This is perfectly fine, imo. So..BALANCE THE TEAMS.

Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:28 pm
[n00b] Member

so basicaly your crying admin abuse, am i right? lets look at the facts:

If you see a team winning oh say 12-0, switch. dont F*CKING ask an admin to switch you, your a big boy do it yourself. the admin diddnt switch me isnt an excuse.

Bolstering the losing team, albit fun, has shown that it isnt effective. i actualy comend the admin for taking a different approach. membership aint all lulz and cakewalk, you have a responsibility to the community, you accepted that responsibility when you signed up. yes that means sucking the bullet sometimes and hopping on the losing team. its an old argument and i dont really know why i entertain it.

What it all comes down to is that the admin saw something wrong, and took the PROPER steps to fix it. quit your bitching and become apart of the solution.

n00bfest presents
BROKEN MUGEN

Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:05 am
Profile YIM
[n00b] Member

I don't understand how people keep forgetting that in n00bfest we refer to admins as gods, don't ever question the damn admins. If an admin does something as a rule of thumb you should never bitch about it. I have NEVER seen someone come to the forum, claim an admin did something, and get anything other than flames.
It takes a lot to become an admin, and if an admin can do it. Then its in his right to do so. their is no admin abuse in this server, it doesn't exist. Because Once you get admin, you always have a limit to commands you can use. if an admin is around long enough to climb rank and gain more commands, than i feel they should have the ability to use them.

How would you like to be an admin with a shiny take someones money away button and never use it? that wouldn't make sense.

Also as turkey and pulse point out, The admin was maintaining the fun atmosphere of n00bfest. I don't like losing endlessly neither does anyone else.

Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:41 am
Lazer Jesus

Don't question the admins publicly.

If you have a problem with the way an admin finds it necessary to do their job, there's a F*CKING email at the bottom of the forum where you can voice your concerns.

No one wants to hear you cry here, emo kid.

Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:51 am
n00bfest Council

CT's were up 12-0 and T's had like one player with a positive score.
Just stop dieing you won't love your weapons :))

Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:37 am
Profile YIM
Game Server Admin

Questioning authority is always a good thing but should always be done inhouse. This topic should be a members only discussion and I do appreciate the way Virgil poised it as a question and not a rant. I believe admins should live up to there choices and should answer up when politely asked why with a good answer. On the question in hand I agree with Spidey, if the teams won't balance then balance them in a way that seems fun. I would take it as a challenge to pistol till I found a better weapon.

cptreynolds@n00bfest.com

Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:41 pm
Profile WWW
Game Server Admin

before i posted this i spoke to an admin and was told to put this in this section so sorry for that. But no I am not whinning admin abuse, I assumed that if i was to speak to another admin first off and was told to make a post that it was the right thing to do. And again imo idc if you start kicking the high up ppl on a team doing well so they have to rejoin broke but going fully removing an entire teams money is still bull shit to me.

Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:24 pm
Game Server Admin

Quote:
Don't question the admins publicly.

If you have a problem with the way an admin finds it necessary to do their job, there's a F*CKING email at the bottom of the forum where you can voice your concerns.

No one wants to hear you cry here, emo kid.

So Lets get this right before you know all the facts in a matter or investigate them you try and a cert some made up authority and then insult like the HOMOSEXUAL you are kitten. DUDE get a life, First off I dont give a F*CKING shit what you think kitten and i know i am not the only one, but if you could stfu and get your fat old ass a life. Not posting a demeaning response to just about every forum your in.

Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:29 pm
Lazer Jesus

Shut the F*CK up and use the email next time like everyone else. You are not a special, delicate, little snowflake.

Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:30 pm
[n00b] Member

Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:11 pm
n00bfest Council

Ahahahaha.

Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:15 pm
Profile YIM
[HNIC] Stзamroller ω

ImageImage

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
-- Hunter S Thompson

Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:15 am
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

Like a good ol friend of mine would say:

"More pewpew less QQ".

Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:17 pm
[n00b] Member

AngryKitten wrote:
Shut the F*CK up and use the email next time like everyone else. You are not a special, delicate, little snowflake.

But am I?

Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:23 pm
[n00b] Member

You are special and unique.......just like everyone else.....

Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:46 pm
Lazer Jesus

Tazzaler wrote:
AngryKitten wrote:

But am I?

No. You're a filthy whore and I'm going to spank you like one.

Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:05 pm
Game Server Admin

I support multiple slayings of those that keep teams lopsided.

Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:13 pm
[n00b] Member

AngryKitten wrote:
Tazzaler wrote:
AngryKitten wrote:

But am I?

No. You're a filthy whore and I'm going to spank you like one.

♥ ♥ ♥

Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:22 pm
[n00b] Member

I think that it is a little dramatic, but necessary now with the constant stacking all the time. Whatever gets teams to even out is perfectly fine.

tikimon@n00bfest.com

viewtopic.php?f=98&t=30772.

Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next