n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 2:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Do we need yet another forum? 
[n00b] Member

Post Do we need yet another forum?
Here is my 43 cents (41 + 2)

I was thinking of a new forum to address the more serious side of what's going wrong in America. With Politics in my face everyday on every channel and on every website, I have lots to say about it and I am betting some of the intellectual group here does too.

I could be wrong as I have posted a few political related post/videos/newslinks etc. and have not seen the responses and dialog I had expected and hoped for. Maybe today's youth is not so much concerned about the state of our economy and how we exit Iraq and it's effects not only on us here in America, but the world at large. I wish to learn more on the subjects and issues we are faced with and see how I might make a difference or preperations with whatever knowledge I might gleem from these types of discussion blogs.

So the suggestion is a new Think Tank type of forum for Politics and Religion but not limited too.

Maybe you feel this falls under General Discussion or NSFW or ART? I could easily post this type of stuff in one of those if desired, but get the feeling these subjects are not always friendly or welcome by all to be mixed into the mainsteam in your face facade of things.

I welcome dedate! on if this forum should exist? Are the majority of members interested or impacted by the topics proposed? Can the younger generation comprehend the subject matter and provide any relative feedback on said topics? Can the older members? Screw this idea, all I come here for is to get away from RL, play games, flex my e-penis and talk gay shit like Taint and who likes it in the butthole?

Anyway, that was more like a dollars worth, but with the declining value of the dollar, you get it right here on n00bfest for only .43 cents!

w00t

Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_02

Comments? Discuss.

Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:52 am
Profile YIM
[n00b] Member

I agree that we need a new topic for subjects similar to what you've been posting lately. I enjoy reading up on most of them, but hate having to dig for them if I haven't been on in a few days.

It's only been recently for me that I've actually taken a conscious effort to learn about what's going on around the world politically and militarily (after seeing films such as zeitgeist).

Most people don't want to hear about these topics and just come to this community for relief from the real world. So I vote yes on a separate "Think Tank" forum.

Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:24 am
[n00b] Member

Durango for president Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_25

Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:21 am
Forum Maggott

Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:43 pm
[n00b] Member

Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:53 pm
Lazer Jesus

I'd read it.

That's because we wouldn't let you post in it.

And I'll support this under five conditions:

1) Political posts only go here.

2) Anyone (especially new guys) who post political threads else where get tarred and feathered.

3) Our bullshit stays in that forum. If someone says something you don't like in a political thread regarding politics, that's as far as it goes. F*CK you and F*CK your political views. We're having discussions to progress everyone's thought processes, not so you can hold abortion views against "[n00b] Claxton Snord" in the server.

4) Condition 3 does not make it okay to flame someone. Punch them in the nuts with a thought out argument, but do not actually assault them in it.

5) If there is no discussion of taint and who takes it in the buttpussy, we need a big picture of a taint and a pu$$y between buttcheeks somewhere to satiate us.

Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:24 pm
[n00b] Member

Maybe limit access to only those who care about where we're heading and what's going on?

Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:22 pm
Forum Maggott

Ninja wrote:
I'd read it.

Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:37 pm
Lazer Jesus

AngryKitten wrote:
Ninja wrote:
I'd read it.

(Excuse me for spamming your thread, Durango.

Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:12 am
[n00b] Member

I think it's a good idea, but, would this just be American Politics, politics around the world or just like, an "Intelligent Discussion" forum?

www.twitch.tv/45Bananas

Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:24 pm
Profile YIM WWW
[n00b] Member

AMERICAN POLITICS ARE WORLD POLITICS GTFO CANADIAN

Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:01 pm
[n00b] Member

Post Re: Do we need yet another forum?
DurangoKiD wrote:
So the suggestion is a new Think Tank type of forum for Politics and Religion but not limited too.

Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:12 am
[n00b] Member

I'm amazingly surprised, but I agree with everything apok wrote (5 cond, etc.). I never was so interested in politics b4, and I want a good (?) place to discuss american AND world politics.

Though US is a big factor, american AND world politics are not synonyms, JFOBP (wait, is this already a good point for debate? OMG, create the freaking forum)

Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:09 pm
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

anyone who insults another person personally gets banned from the forum for a certain period of time depending on the severity of the insult and that person's personal track record of being a moron.

Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:30 pm
[n00b] Member

please create the forum with one rule:

anyone who insults another person personally gets banned from the forum for a certain period of time depending on the severity of the insult and that person's personal track record of being a moron.

good point.

Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:49 am
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

i think the political discussion forum is a great idea.

i wouldnt mind moderating it, since im kinda working on a political science minor. and like vision said, make some simple rules to follow so we dont end up hateing each other

Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:33 pm
[n00b] Member

Attacking some personally or challenging their credibility because they have different views on things = Politics.

www.twitch.tv/45Bananas

Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:05 am
Profile YIM WWW
[n00b] Member

You could probably pack that full of enough from the last 10 years to keep me busy reading until I'm 60.

Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:22 am
Lazer Jesus

Personally, I think it would be better to refine this rule since anything could be interpreted as a personal insult.

Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:13 am
[n00b] Member

Vision wrote:

Personally, I think it would be better to refine this rule since anything could be interpreted as a personal insult.

if thats the case then we shouldnt talk about polotics. cause nearly everything brought up would insult someone.

Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next