n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 7:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Do we need yet another forum? 
[n00b] Member

AngryKitten wrote:
Vision wrote:
please create the forum with one rule:

anyone who insults another person personally gets banned from the forum for a certain period of time depending on the severity of the insult and that person's personal track record of being a moron.

Personally, I think it would be better to refine this rule since anything could be interpreted as a personal insult.

if thats the case then we shouldnt talk about polotics. cause nearly everything brought up would insult someone.

So what's the point of a politics board then?

Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:57 pm
Lazer Jesus

AngryKitten wrote:
Vision wrote:
please create the forum with one rule:

anyone who insults another person personally gets banned from the forum for a certain period of time depending on the severity of the insult and that person's personal track record of being a moron.

Personally, I think it would be better to refine this rule since anything could be interpreted as a personal insult.

if thats the case then we shouldnt talk about polotics. cause nearly everything brought up would insult someone.

...which is why we have defined rules as to what does and does not constitute a personal insult.

Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:24 pm
[n00b] Member

cause nearly everything brought up would insult someone.

Welcome to America.

Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:40 pm
[n00b] Member

Falcon wrote:
cause nearly everything brought up would insult someone.

Welcome to America.

Srsly.

www.twitch.tv/45Bananas

Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:52 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Forum Maggott

Questioning a poster's intellect, intent, and/or grammar is a personal attack.

Questioning a poster's logic and/or reasoning is not.

Ex: This is a personal attack.

Dude: We could cure AIDS forever by killing everyone who has it.

Bro: WOW THAT'S SOMETHING HITLER WOULD SAY ARE YOU REPRESSING GAY DESIRES I BET YOU'RE RACIST.

Ex: This is constructive conversation.

Bro: That's a bit harsh. Many people who have AIDS didn't have access to fair medical treatment and probably were not even aware they had it. These are still people, they just have a sickness that needs treatment.

Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:34 am
[n00b] Member

yay politicals- obamas black and mcCains old....yay

Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:03 pm
Profile YIM
Lazer Jesus

Questioning a poster's intellect, intent, and/or grammar is a personal attack.

Questioning a poster's logic and/or reasoning is not.

Ex: This is a personal attack.

Bro: WOW THAT'S SOMETHING HITLER WOULD SAY ARE YOU REPRESSING GAY DESIRES I BET YOU'RE RACIST.

Ex: This is constructive conversation.

Bro: That's a bit harsh. Many people who have AIDS didn't have access to fair medical treatment and probably were not even aware they had it. These are still people, they just have a sickness that needs treatment.

I thought I replied to this last night... hrm.

Anyway, this is what I'm talking about in regards to defining insults and attacks.

Since politics is the art of making your opponent look as bad as possible, maybe it would be better to call it a debate forum.

n00bfest Forensic League. NFL.

Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:09 pm
[n00b] Member

id go for the debate forum. atleast that way we'd have stuff to talk about when theres nothing really going on politicaly wise.

and if you want to debate, let people say whatever they want...just have an admin or two able to devote time to reading the forum on a daily basis and moderate when needed...i.e. delete posts, lock threads and such

Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:39 pm
[n00b] Member

Since politics is the art of making your opponent look as bad as possible, maybe it would be better to call it a debate forum.

n00bfest Forensic League. NFL.

There are several different definitions for politics. Unfortunately in our society which has a bipartisan government your definition tends to be the one that people use because of the tactics used by our own politicians.

A debate forum encompasses any and all intelligent discussions on any number of relevant topics in any scope not just the narrow view of political actions.

Can we have the forum already? I don't like pointless forum threads with links to videos, pron, or useless time wasting websites. I would like the debate forum to be created so we can actually have intelligent discussions about relevant topics.

Can I be a forum moderator?

Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:35 am
[n00b] Member

w00t, for the first time in my adult life, I'm proud to be a [n00b] Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_08

I think we are finally getting somewhere, and I really am glad to see not everyone here wants to bury thier head in the sand and are coming up with good ideas and intelligent thoughts. After many/most of the posts I've read over the past 4 years, this will be refreshing. I might actually grow a few brain cells back (severly damaged after that 2 girls a 1 cup episode...).

Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_17

Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:37 am
Profile YIM
[n00b] Member

Half of you would appear a lot more intelligent if you kept your mouths shut, but who am I to deny your right to free speech?

Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:04 pm
[n00b] Member

very true you cant and even if you wanted to they wouldnt care they would just talk over you Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_06

Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:26 pm
Profile YIM
[n00b] Member

Half of you would appear a lot more intelligent if you kept your mouths shut, but who am I to deny your right to free speech?

Attempting to keep up appearances is what is wrong with our society. Families trying to appear perfect in front of their friends and neighbors only to be ripping itself apart when the door is closed. Politicians who pretend to care about what the people want and need but really only seek election for money, power, and influence. Pharmaceutical companies who have this brand new drug that is better than the last one they patented just under five years ago and charge twice as much for this new and improved drug.

If people actually were honest with themselves and were truthful to others then our society would realize how messed up it actually is and maybe, just maybe there could be actual positive change that would benefit everyone.

Your remark indicates that it is better to be quiet and appear intelligent rather than to show your true self to others. This is an ignorant way of thinking because people cannot learn and understand each others viewpoints without honest discussion. Why would anyone not want to share their own views and possibly learn and understand someone else's views? Fear of persecution from others? Too close minded and uneducated to even listen to someone else's belief?

The longer people hide from each other and remain uneducated the longer the cycle will perpetuate itself.

IMO, the last two comments are not conducive in our efforts to create a forum for honest, educated, and respectable debate.

Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:28 pm
[n00b] Member

wow...thats a lot of writing vision...it makes it seem as if you have no life to type all of that...im not sayin that you dont but DAM

Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:59 am
Profile YIM
Forum Maggott

Vision is right. If people don't have discussions, they won't learn that they're wrong or mistaken in their thinking and it will just perpetuate this passive aggressive bullshit that leads to millions of people writing notes, blogs, and text messages instead of just F*CKING talking to each other. Silence does nothing to solve this problem, and exposing people to actual, substantial conversation is the only way to remedy the problem.

qwned is right. Everyone has opinions and, at least in America, everyone is entitled to have said opinions. The problem with this is that most people are complete idiots and don't really deserve to have their uneducated, impulsive presumptions tossed in with the genuine and contemplated thoughts of others.

Addressing this new forum section further...It needs to be kept real tight if it's to be serious at all. Maybe leave it open to be read, but only let selected members actually post.

Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:47 am
[n00b] Member

qwned wrote:

Attempting to keep up appearances is what is wrong with our society. Families trying to appear perfect in front of their friends and neighbors only to be ripping itself apart when the door is closed. Politicians who pretend to care about what the people want and need but really only seek election for money, power, and influence. Pharmaceutical companies who have this brand new drug that is better than the last one they patented just under five years ago and charge twice as much for this new and improved drug.

If people actually were honest with themselves and were truthful to others then our society would realize how messed up it actually is and maybe, just maybe there could be actual positive change that would benefit everyone.

Your remark indicates that it is better to be quiet and appear intelligent rather than to show your true self to others. This is an ignorant way of thinking because people cannot learn and understand each others viewpoints without honest discussion. Why would anyone not want to share their own views and possibly learn and understand someone else's views? Fear of persecution from others? Too close minded and uneducated to even listen to someone else's belief?

The longer people hide from each other and remain uneducated the longer the cycle will perpetuate itself.

IMO, the last two comments are not conducive in our efforts to create a forum for honest, educated, and respectable debate.

On the other hand, with that statement I just put your ideas into practice. I was just being candid.

Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:33 am
[n00b] Member

I think it's a good idea, but, would this just be American Politics, politics around the world or just like, an "Intelligent Discussion" forum?

i agree its not all about america Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_08

BLOODY WANKER

are you dead MATE????????????(YES)
well then SHUT YOUR FACKING MOUTH WHEN DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

n00bfest is home
and there is no better
place than home

n00bfest London
ip 217.163.10.174:27015
come and play

Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:39 pm
[n00b] Member

wow...thats a lot of writing vision...it makes it seem as if you have no life to type all of that...im not sayin that you dont but DAM

Perhaps it may seem like a lot of typing to you, but for some people like myself it only takes a few minutes to type that amount of information. Maybe it seems like a lot of typing because it takes you a long time to read it, perhaps you should read more. The more you read the faster and more information you'll be able to comprehend.

Once again you show that you offer these forums nothing but sarcasm, pessimistic ideas, and subtle personal attacks.

My question to you is why do you care about whether or not these forums are created? That is the purpose of the OP's post and I have yet to see any constructive ideas from you. If anything it is you who appear to have no life because of your repeated efforts to appear cute and funny with your inconsequential posts. Also, I would have to say that your posts make you seem like an uneducated, simple minded fool. I'm not saying that you are but damn.

Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:46 pm
[n00b] Member

noobanator wrote:

Perhaps it may seem like a lot of typing to you, but for some people like myself it only takes a few minutes to type that amount of information. Maybe it seems like a lot of typing because it takes you a long time to read it, perhaps you should read more. The more you read the faster and more information you'll be able to comprehend.

Once again you show that you offer these forums nothing but sarcasm, pessimistic ideas, and subtle personal attacks.

My question to you is why do you care about whether or not these forums are created? That is the purpose of the OP's post and I have yet to see any constructive ideas from you. If anything it is you who appear to have no life because of your repeated efforts to appear cute and funny with your inconsequential posts. Also, I would have to say that your posts make you seem like an uneducated, simple minded fool. I'm not saying that you are but damn.

well i do read a lot, its not that it is hard to read but i am just to lazy to read all of it and if people like to talk about politics then make the forum, they would just be giving their opionons on what they think about it. and i suck at english cause i just dont like the subject, it is my choice not to pay attention in it even though we learned nothing about grammer this year exept on how to correctly write a complete essay and a lot of reading

Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:49 am
Profile YIM
[n00b] Member

The concept of a debate forum is quite appealing to me. The chance to argue one;s views is something that many people every day, so why not have a special forum for it? It would definably make it easier to find each post, rather than digging through the forums. We have already done discussions like this in the past, and those who do not wish to encounter, or insulted by such things would merely have to stay clear of the individual forum. I leap at the chance for intellectual discussion about world politics, and issues. Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_17

The more you study, the more you learn. The more you learn the more you know. The more you know the more you forget. The more you forget the less you know.

So why study?

-mexican theif

Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next