n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 11:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Cataclysm Review 
[n00b] Member

Post Cataclysm Review
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2010/10/world-of-warcraft-begins-patching-into-cataclysm.ars

Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:57 pm
n00bfest Council

Post Re: Cataclysm Review
not even close to a review. only tiny small things compared to the grand scheme that will be the next 2-3 months.

Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:52 am
[n00b] Member

Preliminary Overview, excuse me.

Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:37 pm
[n00b] Member

I will say the new graphics engine is nice. I like the detail of shadows and player models now, everything seems more fluid and crisp. Background animations seem more natural, better water graphics and effects. Fog is much improved, as is the weather intensity/look.

The Chicago Bears are the best NFL team in NFL History...dont believe me, check the NFL hall of fame and see how many players are from the Bears. Seems like someone from our d goes to the pro bowl yearly... prove me wrong.

Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:06 pm
Profile YIM
n00bfest Council

Jihad wrote:
I will say the new graphics engine is nice. I like the detail of shadows and player models now, everything seems more fluid and crisp. Background animations seem more natural, better water graphics and effects. Fog is much improved, as is the weather intensity/look.

blah blah blah blah blah mages are doing 50-70k arcane blasts. Yeah the graphics are much much better and I actually dont lag when I raid 25 mans! They buffed the living F*CK out of casters while nerfing warrior tanking (its horrid) and semi buffing melee. My Dk is now 2h frost and is ripping things apart. Im working on my shadows edge even though theres only 2 months left. I want it for leveling and eventually get the legendary to throw in my bank and play with from time to time. Primordial Saronite before the patch was 500-700g a pop. Now its 100-250 a pop. I need 25 XD.

Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:37 pm
[n00b] Member

Mr.Reilly wrote:
Jihad wrote:

blah blah blah blah blah mages are doing 50-70k arcane blasts. Yeah the graphics are much much better and I actually dont lag when I raid 25 mans! They buffed the living F*CK out of casters while nerfing warrior tanking (its horrid) and semi buffing melee. My Dk is now 2h frost and is ripping things apart. Im working on my shadows edge even though theres only 2 months left. I want it for leveling and eventually get the legendary to throw in my bank and play with from time to time. Primordial Saronite before the patch was 500-700g a pop. Now its 100-250 a pop. I need 25 XD.

Yea, the nerfing of dps/tanking warriors was seriously gay. I used to bait people in close enough to use charge/intercept and F*CK em up with dual hanzo blades lol. I can still do it, just wont put you down as fast. But, as for my Death Knight, I have to agree they are F*CKING insane now. I went with the blood spec, and he is a serious harbinger of death.

The Chicago Bears are the best NFL team in NFL History...dont believe me, check the NFL hall of fame and see how many players are from the Bears. Seems like someone from our d goes to the pro bowl yearly... prove me wrong.

Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:03 am
Profile YIM
Game Server Admin

WOW = Gay!

Too bad I didn't learn this before 54 levels of my life gone.

cptreynolds@n00bfest.com

Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:20 am
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

CPTReynolds wrote:
WOW = Gay!

Too bad I didn't learn this before 54 levels of my life gone.

So far I've played a total of 3 days worth of WOW. These days occurred in succession, approximately 2 hours per day.

Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:35 am
[n00b] Member

IM loving the new talent trees, its kinda back to normal WoW in a way

I love how we got a straight up honor system again

i HATE HOW WARLOCKS ARE INCREDIBLY F*CKING OP! lol

Hemo Rogues rape again! Yay!

Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:57 am
n00bfest Council

EnV wrote:
IM loving the new talent trees, its kinda back to normal WoW in a way

I love how we got a straight up honor system again

i HATE HOW WARLOCKS ARE INCREDIBLY F*CKING OP! lol

YOU F*CKING LOVE 45K DRAIN SOUL TICKS!!!! hahahahaha shit is awful. Destro locks were spamming searing pain and raping dps meters. Im very happy about the pvp changes. My buddy and I are doing DK warrior pally/druid 3s when it starts up and then turn around and butt rape Rated BGS :D

Like Ive said before to others though. This is level 85 talents with 80 gear. everyone is raping right now especially casters since pure spell power was removed and provided by intellect. Melee doesnt have that kind of change so they need 85 weps and armor which I think will provide a very very good buff lol. Im excited to get a pretty axe to cleave mages in half with on my DK. 1 min off my strangulate cooldown and my mind freeze costs no runic power....so yea I am anti-caster.

Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:51 pm
[n00b] Member

Im loving the Hunters new Focus bar

Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:36 am
[n00b] Member

I don't know if I want to get this... I don't want to get sucked into addiction again :/

Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:22 am
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

EnV wrote:

Shadow Dance rogues > Hemo.

Being able to ambush for 12k for whole time with 300 energy bug was awesome time.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:17 pm
[n00b] Member

DeathTaker wrote:
I don't know if I want to get this... I don't want to get sucked into addiction again :/

you dont know addiction until you play every MMO that comes out, only to quit and go back to one thats been out for 20 years...im refering to Ultima Online.

the game is older than i am but i still find myself going back to it

n00bfest presents
BROKEN MUGEN

Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:04 am
Profile YIM
Not Worthy of [n00b]

got Cat and the only big thing i notice changed is orgrimmar and thats it
so i just payed 40 bucks to gain 5 more levels and the world looks basically the same as it did before.
F*CKING complete waste of money i already regret it and when my time for this month expire I think I will move onto a new MMO.

Wed May 04, 2011 12:55 am
[n00b] Member

protip: Don't play MMO's all of them are a waste of time.

Tue May 10, 2011 2:12 am
[n00b] Member

eviI-pie wrote:
protip: Don't play MMO's all of them are a waste of time.

Aren't all video games like that?

Stupid logic.

Wed May 25, 2011 10:59 pm
[n00b] Member

The idea isn't to waste time, it's to have fun. Unless your idea of having fun is to sit around at the computer all day.

So, MMO's = grind for months to get level; then grind for months to learn profession; then grind for months to get gear; then raid (another grind) to get more gear; while waiting for next expansion to start the grind over again. (not worth the time, especially if you let everything deteriorate around you from neglect....and don't tell me it won't) I spent more time waiting at the computer for groups to form more than I played. It's the same whether you PVP or PVE no difference at all, because people still have to grind honor or points or whatever.

Games like CSS = can be played in intervals to have fun, and do RL stuff like schoolwork, chores, pay attention to your GF/wife, and work to make real money.

stupid logic!!! :|

Sat May 28, 2011 1:56 am
[n00b] Member

I think you're mad and bashing cuz u bad bro.

YOU'RE EVEN MORE WORSE THAN THE ROGUE THAT I MADE FUN OF LAST NIGHT.

Sat May 28, 2011 10:31 am
n00bfest Council

eviI-pie wrote:
The idea isn't to waste time, it's to have fun. Unless your idea of having fun is to sit around at the computer all day.

So, MMO's = grind for months to get level; then grind for months to learn profession; then grind for months to get gear; then raid (another grind) to get more gear; while waiting for next expansion to start the grind over again. (not worth the time, especially if you let everything deteriorate around you from neglect....and don't tell me it won't) I spent more time waiting at the computer for groups to form more than I played. It's the same whether you PVP or PVE no difference at all, because people still have to grind honor or points or whatever.

Games like CSS = can be played in intervals to have fun, and do RL stuff like schoolwork, chores, pay attention to your GF/wife, and work to make real money.

stupid logic!!! :|

leveling takes 1-2 months MAX if youre casual. When I was casual I could level in 3 weeks no prob with limited time to play, professions takes maybe a week. Maybe. took me 1 week of randoms as a dps to get gear high enough to do raids and from there 2-3 weeks I had 1 heroic blue left on my char and 4 BiS gear items. Its not that hard. You make it sound like its going to take you 1.5 years to even get close to heroics lol. You could interact with people and get into a guild to do premades buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut oh well.

Sat May 28, 2011 8:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next