n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 3:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 FY_ICEWORLD DEFAULT MAP ANNOYANCE! 
Forum Newbie

Post FY_ICEWORLD DEFAULT MAP ANNOYANCE!
Wow, if the server doesn't have 6+ or more players it automatically goes back to iceworld to attract niglets. I played alld ay today and looked at the crowd it brought in, and the crowd it shoved away.

It attracts a haxor crowd, but thats to be expected. about 3/17 AFRICAN AMERICANS that came were haxors, and p00ned us all into leaving. F*CKING gay. ALot of the regulars that I saw come in and out were very unhappy about having to play iceworld for 5 hours. On a higher note, I think this whole "script/program" thats being run on the server will only force the people that want to be there away, and attract a smaller crowd of stupid AFRICAN AMERICANS that say things like. "OMGOMG, I SAW BRITNEY SPEARS TODAY AND I FINGERHUMPED HER ARMPIT IT WAS AWESOME OMGLOLOMGLOLOLOLOL!!!!"

- A cry for help from another grunt amongst the masses
[R]

Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:32 pm
Profile YIM
Community Owner

The CZ server seems to fill up pretty good on Iceworld, and the regs play it.

If it's 1.6, do you have a suggestion for a different "lure" map to change to, or should the switch limits be changed?

Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:38 am
Profile WWW
Forum Newbie

Was this on the 1.6 server or the CZ?

The CZ server seems to fill up pretty good on Iceworld, and the regs play it.

If it's 1.6, do you have a suggestion for a different "lure" map to change to, or should the switch limits be changed?

This is on the 1.6 serverm which seems to be slightly less popular. I think it would work better if a lure map were to be iceworld every 3 maps, instead of it at a steady pace until it makes people wince in pain. Then again, you have more experience and server running, and maybe making the switch limit 3-4 would work as well. I think there is definite room for testing, and I will keep my ear to the ground.

Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:12 am
Profile YIM
[n00b] Member

yeah i got pretty broed at ice world yesterday im not saying it doesenr get ppl in the server but iceworld get old fast just throw some more funmaps so when there is 3 ppl we wont have to play at boreing iceworld

I am 63% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?

Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:09 am
Forum Newbie

yeah i got pretty broed at ice world yesterday im not saying it doesenr get ppl in the server but iceworld get old fast just throw some more funmaps so when there is 3 ppl we wont have to play at boreing iceworld

Oh yeah, thats a bad ass idea. We should get pool_day on there. That would be awesome.

Points to DouGhBoy for p00ning it up.

Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:41 pm
Profile YIM
Veteran Spammer

I think its a bad idea to have iceworld on the server period. If you want to have a server thats made for maps that arent of the gaye which are fy maps then dont have fy maps. It may bring in a few people to the server but those people are either dutchbags, hackers, or people just wanting to play and fy map based server. Having FY maps destroys the whole purpose of team based strategy gaming. If people want to run around and shoot each other in the ass 100 billion times for 20 days straight then they should pick up Quake 3 Arena. FY maps in my opinion for a CS server is a bad idea. Stick to your guns with de, cs, and as maps. Found the best way to keep a server steady for pubs, admins, and newbs alike is to set a server with a standard map rotation. No mapvotes unless changed by an admin and for kicks add in a few non standard maps such as de_celtic, or cs_leetassault for example. As for larger maps people dont want to wait and download and the server will die quick. FY Maps ruin the a good CS server because you get a decent group of fuktards that want to ruin it for everyone.

Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:55 pm
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

I believe u should not put the map as iceworld because of the de_vegas.wad thingy many noobs cannot enter and they're too stupid to fix the de_vegas.wad thing so not much ppl play iceworld.

Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:42 pm
Profile YIM WWW
is a faggot

Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]