n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Getting better at GO 
[n00b] Member

Post Getting better at GO
So I'm currently stuck at the gold nova 2 range and kinda want to get out of it. I was wondering if there were any higher ranking n00bs out there that would be willing to help me out and teach me some things or if they know like a good youtuber(can't watch streams cause of my terrible internet) that could help me get at least a little better at GO.

I've played a little bit with Fird and a couple rounds with mossey. Even though I do terrible with them cause I'm not that good, I actually would enjoy it if you guys wouldn't mind me playing with you higher ranks so that i can try to get a little better at GO.

So if there are any of you guys out there willing to help me out or anything hit me up on steam sometime or send me some links to vids or something lol!

Thanks guys ♥

Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:41 am
Game Server Admin

Post Re: Getting better at GO
Depends on how serious you are about getting better. If you really want to improve and have the time, spend a solid hour in a deathmatch server every day. It may seem tedious after about 15-30 minutes, but the muscle memory for pure aiming will help you hit shots better than any trick you could learn.

icemaN: i was droppin wards like they were turds

Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:40 pm
[n00b] Member

Negev. That is all.

Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:01 am
Game Server Admin

Play a lot. Play deathmatch and Competitive non stop. Aim is important but I'd argue game knowledge is even more important. Playing competitive all the time will help you get a lot better in that aspect of the game. Also if you have a shitty comp or internet goodluck at improving. I upgraded my computer about a month ago, and I used to get 20-30 fps and I would either mid frag or bottom frag every game, now I cap my fps at 80 (I can get like 370) and I top frag just about every game I play. My internet is still shit thouggh, and I do some shit things sometimes because of random ping spikes, but it's whatevs.

Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:18 pm
[n00b] Member

F*CK what everyone told you. Follow this guy's tips. He's real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4utT9Lia3Q#t=336

Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:41 pm
Game Server Admin

work on your pistoling. P250,cz, tec9
When on competitive play there will be eco rounds and it will be a $$$ saver if you can at least get 1 kill with eco round. I only mention those 3 pistols since they can shred armor that your opponents will more then likely have when your team is on an eco.
Save up to $1650. that will get you a decent buy on armor and weapon for CT next round. T's ... dunno the minimum amount of $

Old Ode...

Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:14 am
Profile YIM
One-Eyed Elder, Senior Admin

LeCoq wrote:
F*CK what everyone told you. Follow this guy's tips. He's real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4utT9Lia3Q#t=336

Just got off of work, had a shitty night, watched this and I feel much better.

Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:39 am
Profile YIM
[n00b] Member

Coach wrote:
Just got off of work, had a shitty night, watched this and I feel much better.

Dogg let me know when your nights suck, I'll supply you whatever you need to crack a smile!

Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:07 pm
[n00b] Member

post a demo, ill review it and point out a few things ♥

Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:31 pm
[n00b] Member

Heyyy I finally remembered to look at this again lol :P . Well thank's for all the tips and thoughts everyone!

WaffleLover wrote:
Play a lot. Play deathmatch and Competitive non stop. Aim is important but I'd argue game knowledge is even more important. Playing competitive all the time will help you get a lot better in that aspect of the game. Also if you have a shitty comp or internet goodluck at improving. I upgraded my computer about a month ago, and I used to get 20-30 fps and I would either mid frag or bottom frag every game, now I cap my fps at 80 (I can get like 370) and I top frag just about every game I play. My internet is still shit thouggh, and I do some shit things sometimes because of random ping spikes, but it's whatevs.

I have been playing more deathmatch lately, but it's been for like 15 minutes, then I get pissed at stupid shit and go play something else. Will definitely start playing it more though. I've been trying to play more comp as well than I normally do. And as far as the system goes, I'm currently trying to save for my own comp. I'm currently using a laptop that's "for the family," and can get anywhere from 60-110 fps. HP Envy dv6 with 12g R.A.M, Intel HP 4000 graphics chip, i7 either quad or triple core 2.4GHz. Depends on what map I'm on and where I'm looking at. Idk it's weird. The internet is my main problem. The lowest my ping normally goes is about 84ish. I'm currently trying to get better internet, but my dad doesn't really give a shit about it so I'm trying to convince him to get better internet since he pays for it all.

Odebram wrote:
work on your pistoling. P250,cz, tec9
When on competitive play there will be eco rounds and it will be a $$$ saver if you can at least get 1 kill with eco round. I only mention those 3 pistols since they can shred armor that your opponents will more then likely have when your team is on an eco.
Save up to $1650. that will get you a decent buy on armor and weapon for CT next round. T's ... dunno the minimum amount of $

Old Ode...

The p250 is currently my best pistol I feel like. I'm trying to get more comfortable with the cz though cause I found out that I actually like it hehe. As far as the money with the eco rounds, I'm trying to get a gauge of when to save on rounds and all that. As well as trying to learn when the eco rounds are lol xD . I have a little bit of a feel for it but I'm still trying to get a solid grip of it.

Fird wrote:
post a demo, ill review it and point out a few things ♥

I can honestly say I've never done a demo...so I don't know how :P

Sorry for the long ass message ^_^ (not really)

Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]