n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 2:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 When no admins are on... 
Forum Newbie

Post When no admins are on...
Yeah.. people tend to get really douchey and just dis-obey rules even if they are told it's a rule of the server.. I got yelled at and called a bitch just because I was telling a guy he's not supposed to be in the T tower on Cobble.. and they just literally didn't give a shit.. I mean.. one guy obeyed and the others just randomly would be in there sniping people..

Is there anything one can do if there are no admins around about this? I mean.. rules are rules, right? Unless it's ok if no admins are on..? :\

Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:36 am
Game Server Admin

Post Re: When no admins are on...
Your best bet is to try and find an admin on your friends list. You don't want to break the server rules just to stop someone else from doing it. Just try to get as many admins on your friends list as possible. If all else fails, just get their steamId and name and post it on the forums.

Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:38 am
Forum Newbie

Yeah, at this hour, all the admins I have as friends are either on Snooze or offline - or didn't respond, lol. It was a few non-regulars that usually aren't on the server... I just got a bit irritated after I got killed from T tower twice. It's usually not a problem.. though I never get respect when I try since I am neither a n00b member or an admin. :\

Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:41 am
Game Server Admin

Yea shit, some people come in and just don't care, whether you're an admin or not. But they then see the consequences of disobeying haha. But just add as many admins as you can and just don't stoop to their level. That will only get you in trouble as well.

Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:44 am
Forum Newbie

t0keN wrote:
Yea shit, some people come in and just don't care, whether you're an admin or not. But they then see the consequences of disobeying haha. But just add as many admins as you can and just don't stoop to their level. That will only get you in trouble as well.

Hehe, yeah. Don't worry, I'm usually an obedient little guy, Lol. I get along with everyone usually. :)

Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:45 am
Game Server Admin

What time do you play at?

cptreynolds@n00bfest.com

Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:31 pm
Profile WWW
n00bfest Council

dude your on my freinds list msg me even if iam not in game iam usually near my pc

Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:11 pm
Game Server Admin

Best thing to do is demo and turn it in because the second they know an admin joined, their attitude will change and they'll lie and say they weren't doing it.

icemaN: i was droppin wards like they were turds

Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:10 pm
n00bfest Elder, Senior Admin

I agree with Spyda. Too many times we've go three different stories from admins/regulars/banned. And there's no way to prove what really happened. So get a demo, and once an admin is online, we can have you submit the demo and talk with the higher ups about what needs to be done.

Also, repeating Reynolds question - What time are you normally on the server when there are no admins?

Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:56 pm
Forum Newbie

Sweet Pea wrote:
I agree with Spyda. Too many times we've go three different stories from admins/regulars/banned. And there's no way to prove what really happened. So get a demo, and once an admin is online, we can have you submit the demo and talk with the higher ups about what needs to be done.

Also, repeating Reynolds question - What time are you normally on the server when there are no admins?

Oh, well.. I'm usually online in the late afternoon and night. But this was around 8-11am. A few admins were on from time to time, but weren't on long enough to see when the problem occurred. After the round, the guys left and there were no more problems, though.

Oh and Rage, lol yeah I saw you in spectator for hours, but I just assumed you were afk or asleep. :\

Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:53 pm
n00bfest Council

I've normally been a good admin and would be in there to slay or kick those guys but I've been busy with school starting back... Hito or lilbsbllstar is how you can add me on steam and I can come in and slay/kick some bitches. I can either hop on my main pc or laptop to do so.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:47 am
Game Server Admin

Spyda is so right! Getting a demo would be so beneficial since certain admins carry a reputation of being scary, so when they see those names enter you can actually see the entire server behave. Not to center anyone out, cough Joe, cough Rok, cough Gman. It's fun sometimes to watch people all of a sudden behave when they see certain admins come on.

cptreynolds@n00bfest.com

Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:59 am
Profile WWW
Game Server Admin

^you forgot dirtbag lol he evens out the teams or team wins viciously/ still funny. I've had some regulars chat me and ask me to come in and resolve whatever problems (usually hackers) are occurring in the server. I don't have admin but usually the time I do get into the server an admin comes in and resolves the problem. And also ^^ a demo with usually the person or persons' name can do a lot to verify your problems in the server. There is a thread for that leads to a link for members to submit demos or various sorts to be resolved. I'm not sure if the link is available to "other than n00bs", but I've probably uploaded about 3 demos or solid aimbots on there so far.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:05 am
[n00b] Member

Pre wrote:
Oh and Rage, lol yeah I saw you in spectator for hours, but I just assumed you were afk or asleep. :\

lol

Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:34 am
n00bfest Council

add me to your steam friends list im on in the am and mid day times eastern time so just hollar ill give u a hand

Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:37 am
[n00b] Member

I am usually on earlier than Most. If not on I'm around so I'm never to far...... Add me as well

Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]