n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:16 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 subclan tourney 
Game Server Admin

Post subclan tourney
This could be interesting. With the resurgence of subclans lately I think it could be a fun idea. from the looks of it we have about 5 active subclans; LB, DiK, FS, Delta, 420. We could do a round robin for seeding then play it out bracket style till we have a champion. Who knows might see some of the others come out of the woodwork to participate. Just a thought

Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:58 pm
Game Server Admin

Post Re: subclan tourney
I think its a great idea. I hope that I can make it to rct before this all happens, id love to be a part of it.

Beers For Boobs Foundation © 2009-2012

Helping Sober Bitties, Show More Titties.

Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:47 pm
[n00b] Member

Sounds like a plan to me.

Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:56 pm
[n00b] Member

Hell ya that would be great I would gladly play in that

Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:25 pm
Game Server Admin

It has been attempted in the past when we had even more active subclans, but for some reason hasn't panned out.

I would enjoy it if we had more tournies in general, but until then, I think a general tourney with randomized teams is funner.

What I always wanted was a n00bfest ladder, but don't see that happening anytime soon.

Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:59 pm
Game Server Admin

A ladder would be awesome. Setup kinda like TWL back im the day. That would be really fun. I would like to see more tourneys in general. Dont need prizes really but maybe we can have a steam group amd you get a tourney winner tag or somethin like that. Then if you dont win during the next one you lose the tag.

Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:24 pm
Game Server Admin

ApeX wrote:
It has been attempted in the past when we had even more active subclans, but for some reason hasn't panned out.

I would enjoy it if we had more tournies in general, but until then, I think a general tourney with randomized teams is funner.

What I always wanted was a n00bfest ladder, but don't see that happening anytime soon.

It didn't pan out in the past because everyone wants teams to be semi fair and the skill difference was pretty large. Nobody wants to compete in a tourney that they know who the top 4 are before it even starts.

icemaN: i was droppin wards like they were turds

Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:03 am
n00bfest Council

Spyda wrote:
ApeX wrote:

It didn't pan out in the past because everyone wants teams to be semi fair and the skill difference was pretty large. Nobody wants to compete in a tourney that they know who the top 4 are before it even starts.

This is a true story, just looking at the team rosters I could probably make up the whole tourny just based on the skill alone of the members. Sad but true that there is a skill gap between subclans even if people want to admit it or not.

Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:57 pm
Game Server Admin

Hito wrote:
Spyda wrote:
ApeX wrote:

This is a true story, just looking at the team rosters I could probably make up the whole tourny just based on the skill alone of the members. Sad but true that there is a skill gap between subclans even if people want to admit it or not.

Yeah I can see how that would be a problem. Didnt really look at anything like that, just thought it would be a fun idea. Either way a think any kind of tourney in the near future is needed.

Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:08 pm
n00bfest Council

Yeah u have been hearing some talk about it but... That's all it is, talk.

Btw just Reread through this. The whole ladder idea would be kinda fun if we had more subclans but u could still see certain clans jumping to the top quickly

Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:34 pm
Game Server Admin

Part of the benefits of a true ladder is that the top team is at a disadvantage. Then again, it depends on what type of system you use.

Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:50 pm
n00bfest Council

I'd be down for doing a tourney, Id be willing to help set it up as well.
It always seemed to work out in the past..

Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:10 pm
Profile YIM
Not Worthy of [n00b]

the reason why it wouldn't work is because of the recruitment policies of the sub-clans
in 420, we recruit anyone who is willing to stick around long enough to keep playing, where as other sub-clans they only recruit the top-notch players in n00bfest.
this creates an un-even playing feild, and makes scrims way to uneven.
if other sub-clans would recruit players based on game activity and not skill, it would be more even and make more sense.
also some players take the scrims way to seriously, i swear some of you guys cut yourselfs when your KDR drops a point

Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:53 pm
[n00b] Member

dabadguy wrote:
the reason why it wouldn't work is because of the recruitment policies of the sub-clans
in 420, we recruit anyone who is willing to stick around long enough to keep playing, where as other sub-clans they only recruit the top-notch players in n00bfest.
this creates an un-even playing feild, and makes scrims way to uneven.
if other sub-clans would recruit players based on game activity and not skill, it would be more even and make more sense.
also some players take the scrims way to seriously, i swear some of you guys cut yourselfs when your KDR drops a point

Totally not true. I don't cut myself, I cut you.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:16 pm
n00bfest Council

If you're not going to take a scrim seriously then stick to the pub.
Sub-Clans recruit the best players because, well they are better.
Sub-clans who recruit bases on activity are nice, but they done win.

Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:48 pm
Profile YIM
Game Server Admin

mossyoak wrote:

This lol.....why would you just recruit anyone?

Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:29 am
Not Worthy of [n00b]

t0keN wrote:
mossyoak wrote:

This lol.....why would you just recruit anyone?

cuz it's a game. cuz it's n00bfest. cuz it doesn't matter who wins or loses, nobody is getting anything for prooving they are better than someone here at counterstrike. i enjoy the regular tourneys we play because they are pretty even, but playing the penis measuring game via CSS is outdated, maybe 10 years ago you might impress someone with a highscore on this game, but now nobody cares, and to me its pretty funny to see some players take it seriously to the point where they are yelling at other gamers like they are some abusive-step dad,
i get scrims are suppose to be testing skill, but some players take it to far and make it about life and death, its a F*CKING game if you joined n00bfest to play that seriously than you joined the wrong community.i would rather play with gamers that are fun to play with, not be on the same team with people i can barely stand just because they are "good". but hey to each his own right?; p

Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:58 pm
[n00b] Member

Hey dabadguy, were you the benchwarmer in little league?

Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:08 pm
Game Server Admin

Yea who cares who wins, in the end you're still gonna be gay.

Beers For Boobs Foundation © 2009-2012

Helping Sober Bitties, Show More Titties.

Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:49 pm
[n00b] Member

Some sub-clans are created in the hopes of making a good "competitive team" and are looking to get the best and most promising individuals. A lot of the older subclans back during cz had this in mind. PSA, n00b.i, n4b, Crayola's gay subclan that i can't remember, ^b, Apok's old subclan that I can't recall either. So it's not like this is a new thing. All of those subclans went after the better players. Hell I used to be in most of those myself at one time. Sure some turned into more casual things, and a lot of them died too. But it isn't anyone's fault if the subclan you are in is more casual than some of the others except you (for being in it) and the leader (for making it that subclan).

The topic of this convo is for a friendly competitive n00b sub-clan tourney. This isn't about making fun of other sub-clans who don't have that sort of thing in mind.

Those who want some friendly competition with their own team against another decent to good team are those who are asking for this.

Playing the same old boring scrims in vent over and over gets old, it's not terribly fun because half the time teams get stack, and the other half people frag whore/bait their team/or rage at everyone. At least with a SUB-CLAN tourney you can pit teams against teams and rate yourself against some of the other sub-clans.

I don't understand why anyone would want to QQ about this. If you don't want to participate, then don't.

Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:07 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next