n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Patch 1.0.5 
[n00b] Member

Post Patch 1.0.5
what do you guys think of it now?

TheBosman wrote:
This is home . Done and done .

Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:40 pm
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

Post Re: Patch 1.0.5
think there is only 3 or 4 n00bs that still play? i have not tried it yet

acid_rain wrote:
I am not going to explain my reasoning for anything, because I simply don't have to.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:14 am
Profile YIM
Forum Newbie

I've done a few infernal machine runs. Farm keys with 2 buddies. Each get a set of keys. Each make a machine. Do all 3 infernal machine fights in the same game. Looking to get all the mats to make rings. Haven't made a ring yet, but one of my buddies has. Thats the plan. Get loot and exp in the process. Ussually play on mp5, because 50-50 seems like decent odds and it isn't difficult. Can do mp7, sometimes 8 depending on who else is playing. I have been carried through mp10. 10 is just out of this world ridiculous. Trash mobs have millions of hp.

On mp6, the infernal machine bosses have about 130-150 million hp. It isn't to bad, they just hit really hard and you can be fighting for 15 minutes then just get caught. Sucks sometimes, but the difficulty of it actually makes it satisfying to play. I have played more diablo in the past 3 days than the 3 weeks before combined.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:18 pm
[n00b] Member

well i started out a new game with the demon hunter on mp10 it isnt that hard, but it lvls faster and honestly kept my attention longer than not having it, i mean it feels like a real game if u start over and shit has like 13 hp instead of 3-6

start a new game just for shits and giggles see if u like it more on mp10, dont be a fag give it a try

TheBosman wrote:

Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:21 pm
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

omg...mp5+ is not hard!? im barely doing mp5 with my monk, who is my main character...sigh*

Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:26 pm
Forum Newbie

Now we are doing mp8 easy mode after that "hotfix" to lower dmg output of mobs on higher monster powers. Shit just takes forever to die, but we don't die.

I started a new character (a WD, who I have also accumulated a fairly good lvl60 gearset for) with the first (and so far only) hellfire ring I've crafted. Only played it for like 10 minutes, on mp10, and I'm like lvl 7 and still havent learned townportal yet. Heh.

Also s3p, you're gear is fairly good. I'm not seeing the problem. How are you playing? Like, what are you doing?

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:12 pm
[n00b] Member

i try to micro by using the tempest rush when there is molten/desc/and etc... and even have it has dmg reduce.
then come back at them with thunder clap, and every once in awhile i use serenity and sss to avoid even more crazy damages. While this is all going on i have cyclone on.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:51 pm
Forum Newbie

I use warcry. Then I use battle rage. Then I bash til I can turn on wrath of the bersker. Then I spam sprint and ww across the whole map. Easy mode.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:14 am
Game Server Admin

I think MP3 will be my comfort zone while I farm and grab keys. I have about 65k dps on my monk. I'm shooting for about 100k dps until I buy the full version of my account. Put a lot of work into this one but its still not really mine.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:26 am
[n00b] Member

capitalistCOMMIE wrote:
Now we are doing mp8 easy mode after that "hotfix" to lower dmg output of mobs on higher monster powers. Shit just takes forever to die, but we don't die.

I started a new character (a WD, who I have also accumulated a fairly good lvl60 gearset for) with the first (and so far only) hellfire ring I've crafted. Only played it for like 10 minutes, on mp10, and I'm like lvl 7 and still havent learned townportal yet. Heh.

Also s3p, you're gear is fairly good. I'm not seeing the problem. How are you playing? Like, what are you doing?

right! its great for grinding shit, possibly bosses for loot for new chars u make using your higher lvl ones on them :D

TheBosman wrote:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:06 pm
Profile WWW
Lazer Jesus

Love it.

MP8? Jesus. My barb gets smeared all the way down Cathedral halls on MP1.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:42 pm
[n00b] Member

we need to make set dates to farm the keys together.. i just tried solo on mp5 for my monk.. F*CK that.. ran into an elite. health link, molten, plague, extra health, and teleport. shit i died so fast 20 seconds passed before i realized it.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:16 am
Profile WWW
Lazer Jesus

Finally sorted out the problems I was having with my barb and now I'm taking on mp5 no problem. There's a really convenient trick where if you reroll a demon hunter, you don't actually have to work to play the game.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:58 pm
[n00b] Member

what do you mean??

AngryKitten wrote:
Finally sorted out the problems I was having with my barb and now I'm taking on mp5 no problem. There's a really convenient trick where if you reroll a demon hunter, you don't actually have to work to play the game.

Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:12 am
[n00b] Member

EXPLAIN IT TO US LAZER JEBUS!

TheBosman wrote:

Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:24 am
Profile WWW
Lazer Jesus

Barbs are 100% gear dependent to do any damage and even live. To start inferno as a barb, you have to already have Inferno gear. Even then, you're limited to a handful of boring bullshit no-damage builds that stack defensive skills out the asshole. To farm as a barb or kick MP up to a farm-worthy level you are forced to farm easy, inefficient content to then purchase items off the AH (for hundreds of thousands to millions of gold) to let you have a slightly higher chance of not being blown up by Inferno 3 and 4's massive packs.

Then you can think about doing a little bit of damage which is a piddly little piss stream compared to playing Very Easy mode as a DH. The widest spread DPS spec (I say "widest spread" as if I don't sugarcoat "only" tinkerer supernerds will get butthurt) is this WW/Tornado spec and it's just F*CKING gay. I don't mean stupid or dumb or bad or anything like that. I mean this build loves F*CKING other men in the asshole while licking the swear dripping down their back. The only people who leave wind behind them as they go for a jog are gay men and anal-fixated women who have taken it in the asshole so much that their shittrap can't stay closed anymore.

I downed Inferno Diablo with 40k hp, 700 res, and about 25k dps then decided to try out some Whirlwind fun because oh my god diablo 2 barb oh my god. I modded the spec to be less gay, bought a bunch of gear to improve my DPS at the expense of defenses and put the heal on WW and Marathon on sprint and capped out at 44k damage. LOL What a joke. I then creamed Act 1 and Act 2 and struggled to stay above negative 1 million hp in 3 and 4. I set monster power to 1 and went in to Act 1 again. As soon as I hit Old Tristram Road I was killed. I continued on, but by Cathedral 1, I could no longer progress as I had hit the infamous progression wall that made me quit playing all together shortly after 1.0.1 was released. What a giant, muscle-bound, Fury-filled joke. I'm disappointed with myself for wasting that much time.

I then begrudgingly hopped on my emo-tears, Linkin Park-loving DH and finished off 54 to 60. I hopped on the AH with just over 100k gold and purchased a full set of gear and still had 40k left over. 40k HP, 650 res, 81k DPS instantly. And yes, I am aware that I got the world's luckiest prices on it all. I started up Inferno and went from the Falling Star to the You've Defeated Diablo 3! screen in one go with 0 deaths. Yesterday I farmed 1.2million gold and five paragon levels. With the limited amount of playtime I can find, that takes me 2 or more days on my barb.

And let's not forget that Evasive Shot and Vault are hands down the two best defensives in the game. "But Kitten, you're wr-" No, shut the F*CK up. The absolute best way to mitigate damage is to not get hit by that train coming your way and that's exactly what these two abilities are all about. That's why being a Dex class is so advantageous (+dodge%) and that's why Movement Speed is the absolute best defensive stat in the game bar-none. While I will agree with the argument that DH requires a different playstyle than barb, the basic mechanics of this game are still exactly the same and the DH is tailored for them. The skill floor is higher for a DH, but the skill ceiling is only about an inch up from there.

Barb is 5000% more work for 0 reward and that sucks. The class is awesome. It's my favorite class in the entire game as there's nothing better than that smear effect you turn enemies in to. When you smear Mira Eamon all over the cellar walls and Haedrig thanks you for it, it's the pinnacle of joy. But when it comes to actual D3 end-game, just farm perfect roll BiS barb gear on a character more suited for progression.

I will not be accepting counter-arguments as they are all simply wrong.

Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:58 am
Forum Newbie

Um. Farm with me.

And by "farm with me", i really mean "get carried by me".

Just ask s3p.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/irco ... ero/986974

Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:08 pm
Lazer Jesus

capitalistCOMMIE wrote:
Um. Farm with me.

And by "farm with me", i really mean "get carried by me".

Just ask s3p.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/irco ... ero/986974

Naw. I'm having fun carrying myself.

Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:43 pm
n00bfest Elder, Senior Admin

Quote:
I will not be accepting counter-arguments as they are all simply wrong.

Haha

Well. I'll have to re-download it but I'll jump on from time to time.

strangelegend@n00bfest.com

Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:03 pm
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

I haven't played in a while. Its a pretty stale game imho.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next