n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 10:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Cant connect to Mod server 
n00bfest Council

Post Cant connect to Mod server
So I followed all the steps in the above sticky and did everything I was supposed to do. The problem im having is when I open everything and I go to the server list the mod server and test server come up as "cannot be reached". I tried port forwarding and im probably being retarded so feel free to troll me rofl. Any help would be great. thanks.

Fri May 10, 2013 4:08 pm
[HNIC] Stзamroller ω

Post Re: Cant connect to Mod server
I just added you on steam. Hit me up the next time you see me online and we'll figure it out.

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
-- Hunter S Thompson

Sat May 11, 2013 4:53 pm
Profile WWW
n00bfest Council

will do. thanks man.

Sat May 11, 2013 4:55 pm
[n00b] Member

is it down again/.

TheBosman wrote:
This is home . Done and done .

Thu May 23, 2013 8:49 pm
Profile WWW
He Am Drive Jeep!

It's been down since Wednesday.

Fri May 24, 2013 1:05 pm
[n00b] Member

ddos? or what

TheBosman wrote:

Sat May 25, 2013 11:53 pm
Profile WWW
Game Server Admin

derp

Sun May 26, 2013 3:47 am
Profile YIM
[n00b] Member

???????????????????????????????

TheBosman wrote:

Sun May 26, 2013 3:15 pm
Profile WWW
[HNIC] Stзamroller ω

The world is unstable as F*CK. It keeps crashing the server. Now we get to decide what kind of world we want. Same mod set? Different mod set? Vanilla?

I kinda vote vanilla.

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
-- Hunter S Thompson

Mon May 27, 2013 7:34 pm
Profile WWW
n00bfest Council

Gman wrote:
The world is unstable as F*CK. It keeps crashing the server. Now we get to decide what kind of world we want. Same mod set? Different mod set? Vanilla?

I kinda vote vanilla.

I say make a vote. Personally it doesnt matter to me. The mods were pretty cool and I started getting into them before the world started eating itself. In the end it doesnt matter to me. What other Mod packs are out there?

Mon May 27, 2013 8:37 pm
Game Server Admin

never got into all the really heavy equipment myself. chainsaw and diamond tip drill was fine enough for me.
Going all the way back to vanilla would be interesting if we kept it alive. making vanilla grinders for xp. Ooooof! still do-able.

Mon May 27, 2013 11:42 pm
Profile YIM
One-Eyed Elder, Senior Admin

I'd kinda like something that isn't hard as F*CK to get into. I would like to be able to click on Minecraft and go to town. I haven't played on the server because the "updates" have made them difficult.

Tue May 28, 2013 5:46 am
Profile YIM
[HNIC] Stзamroller ω

Coach wrote:
I'd kinda like something that isn't hard as F*CK to get into. I would like to be able to click on Minecraft and go to town. I haven't played on the server because the "updates" have made them difficult.

Unzip file, launch launcher, launch instance. How hard is that?

-- Hunter S Thompson

Tue May 28, 2013 12:44 pm
Profile WWW
n00bfest Council

Gman wrote:
Coach wrote:

Unzip file, launch launcher, launch instance. How hard is that?

computers are hard as F*CK!

Tue May 28, 2013 4:26 pm
[n00b] Member

i like the map function..... and a couple of other mods?

TheBosman wrote:

Tue May 28, 2013 8:35 pm
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

Im a huge fan of the mod pack we run mostly because of the choice it gives and also the automation which makes this game less time consuming. While I HIGHLY enjoyed wasting 3 hour sof my life mining 20 levels so I could maybe find 5 ore that I needed, Im ahuge fan of just tossing a quarry on and going to bed. The only downside is we get what was currently happening and that's people like you/hito/cybr who have ridiculous amounts of UU matter from mass fabs because you built your house maybe made a few changes on the way but mostly just sat on quarries mining forever and a day. So it loses that challenge so to speak and people seem to get bored once they hit midgame.

If we do keep the current mod list Id like to see one thing added, that's colored wood so that there can be a greater diversity of color for building materials.... I was looking forward to making an actual red barn till I realized I couldn't unless it was made of wool. :(

Wed May 29, 2013 12:00 am
Game Server Admin

snuggle wrote:
Im a huge fan of the mod pack we run mostly because of the choice it gives and also the automation which makes this game less time consuming. While I HIGHLY enjoyed wasting 3 hour sof my life mining 20 levels so I could maybe find 5 ore that I needed, Im ahuge fan of just tossing a quarry on and going to bed. The only downside is we get what was currently happening and that's people like you/hito/cybr who have ridiculous amounts of UU matter from mass fabs because you built your house maybe made a few changes on the way but mostly just sat on quarries mining forever and a day. So it loses that challenge so to speak and people seem to get bored once they hit midgame.

If we do keep the current mod list Id like to see one thing added, that's colored wood so that there can be a greater diversity of color for building materials.... I was looking forward to making an actual red barn till I realized I couldn't unless it was made of wool. :(

so while i understand your concern, the only reason i push for so much UU is because things like iridium are so hard to find. While it may get boring after the first 5k uu-matter, thats not the end of the game. I usually like to rush IC2 so that i can dedicate time to other cool mods like applied energistics and thaumcraft. Gregtech was suppose to solve the issue of that not being a challenge, however, the only real challenge was the matter fabricator, which we reenabled the mass fab instead because we could not solve the issue of iridiums rarity. the matter fabricator should still be enabled for those who wish to challenge themselves even more.

The other option is, for those who get bored when the come to an 'end game' scenario. Nuke your shit and do it again, or use your massive amount of resouces to build something cool, like a deathstar. i've been trying to wait for people to get to mine a G's level before proposing those types of projects to the server, but one day, i'll have my space station, completely furnished with a mob grinder deathpit.

Wed May 29, 2013 11:09 am
Game Server Admin

Here is another idea, remove gregtech AND quantum suits. Nuclear power then becomes more viable and more dangerous. People who are obsessed with flight can still use jetpacks and solar power is cheaper but the UU-matter really doesn't have much necessity as iridium becomes virtually useless. This will entice people to try new thing like amazing architecture and creative means of survival (potions, enchanted weapons or just better lighting).

Wed May 29, 2013 11:37 am
[HNIC] Stзamroller ω

cybrslsh wrote:
Here is another idea, remove gregtech AND quantum suits. Nuclear power then becomes more viable and more dangerous. People who are obsessed with flight can still use jetpacks and solar power is cheaper but the UU-matter really doesn't have much necessity as iridium becomes virtually useless. This will entice people to try new thing like amazing architecture and creative means of survival (potions, enchanted weapons or just better lighting).

This doesn't get around the fact that IC2 is a lag factory, though.

They've made changes to Minecraft to allow simple automation with regular furnaces. And they've added things like leashes and horses and all sorts of crazy shit since we've had a vanilla world. I think a vanilla world with a PVP arena would be baller as F*CK.

-- Hunter S Thompson

Wed May 29, 2013 12:41 pm
Profile WWW
Game Server Admin

lets try it then. I'd like to see more players coming together to build cities together. At the heart we could build a Coliseum.

Wed May 29, 2013 1:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next