n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 4:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 Reset anyone? 
[HNIC] Stзamroller ω

Post Reset anyone?
1.3 is coming out soon (hopefully) -- bout time to do a reset, I think. How do you guys feel about it?

How do you feel about the mods? Want to set up the server the exact same way (except maybe disable nukes)? Go back to vanilla? What do you think?

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
-- Hunter S Thompson

Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:07 pm
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

Post Re: Reset anyone?
I'm up for a vanilla upon update. There's quite a few things that are being added and I would rather not wait for the mods to update before experiencing the changes. In regards to the mods, I wouldn't mind bringing them back at a later point, but maybe making some slight changes if/when we do so. Note that's if we decide to go vanilla, but I'd like to make some changes even if we don't go vanilla.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:31 pm
[n00b] Member

I'm down for either vanilla or mods, but if we use the same mods lots of rules need to be enforced like no above ground quarries or eyesore nukeholes.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:40 pm
[n00b] Member

I'm with Deadman, Vanilla for the first round with the new update.

We can always after running vanilla with 1.3 for awhile until the population dies do what we did with 1.2.5 and do another vote for when we want a reset and if we want mods than.

It'll be awesome to rejoin the MC Community.

Last edited by Tazzaler on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:42 pm
[n00b] Member

im up for reset back to vanilla and as for the mods they are a great addition.... but like deadman said id rather not wait for the updates to play... either way im game lol

You are a wolf. You are intelligent and wild. Your spirit runs free with the wind and travels in a close knit pack. Family is one of your main duties in life, even though at times you prefer to be alone. You are silent, hardly seen by man but adored by wild life lovers, everywhere. Patience is the key and you aren't afraid to die with honor.
* "The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for". Bob Marley
honestly' =DiK=: lol I really want sound because it looks like the girl growls as she smacks herself in the face with it

Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:43 pm
Profile YIM
n00bfest Elder, Senior Admin

I need to get more memory and/or a 64bit operating system before I can play with those mods again. I had to wait 8 seconds for blocks to disappear yesterday due to the lag. And I was 1500 blocks from where most of you are. So I agree with going vanilla first, and then doing mods once they update.

Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:46 am
Forum Newbie

Its been forever since I last played on the server. I'm all for vanilla since it's like a whole new game to me, with all the updates. After the reset I will be back on and playing again even if you decide to use the mods.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:36 pm
[n00b] Member

I can't wait till the new server reset. The current build I'm playing (newest snapshot) is fun. I didn't mind the mods, but jeesh their was ALOT OF BIG HOLES.

That's What she Said!

Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:55 pm
n00bfest Council

I F*CKING love the mods and It's sad people are shitting on them. Yes yes I know I have never played regular Minecraft so quite frankly I feel going back would be a step down to what we have been doing. I mean yes you can build a lot of shit with rugular but I feel the regular is very limiting. I mean if we play a month of regular MC cause the mods haven't been updated for the 1.3 version then yes, but to completely do away with the mods I feel would be stupid as F*CK.

Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:21 am
[n00b] Member

If we had the player base to support it, a Survival games would be nice.. Only problem is that it requires at least 12 people on at all times to run. I've played a few of those maps and they are fun.

Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:31 pm
[n00b] Member

Hito wrote:
I F*CKING love the mods and It's sad people are shitting on them. Yes yes I know I have never played regular Minecraft so quite frankly I feel going back would be a step down to what we have been doing. I mean yes you can build a lot of shit with rugular but I feel the regular is very limiting. I mean if we play a month of regular MC cause the mods haven't been updated for the 1.3 version then yes, but to completely do away with the mods I feel would be stupid as F*CK.

Some people might be shitting on them, yes. As for myself, it's more along the lines of realizing the faults and deciding not to ignore them, mainly because it's way too obvious. As for your "step down" point of view, yes you will actually have to mine without making shit to do it for you, but there's quite a bit you probably skipped over in regards to vanilla because the mods were in place. Add to that the changes that will be coming in 1.3 and you got some exploring to do. Also, if we do go vanilla, we can always bring mods on again with another world reset.

Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:28 pm
n00bfest Elder, Senior Admin

I'm down for either. For me the mods added more to the game. more to mine, more to create, more to awesome! But I'm interested to see how the trading system with the NPCs will work, I think that'll be awesome.

strangelegend@n00bfest.com

Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:08 am
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

Sweet Pea wrote:
I need to get more memory and/or a 64bit operating system before I can play with those mods again. I had to wait 8 seconds for blocks to disappear yesterday due to the lag. And I was 1500 blocks from where most of you are. So I agree with going vanilla first, and then doing mods once they update.

I'm pretty consistent with this.

I don't feel like joining a server that:
A, will be a lagfest.
B, is not the most recent game.

Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:17 am
[n00b] Member

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK YES ! ♥ SO MUCH SHIT HAS BEEN UPDATED, VANILLA IS GOING TO ROCK.!

TheBosman wrote:
This is home . Done and done .

Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:24 pm
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

Might play a bit in the server if it's vanilla, I'm down.

Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:46 pm
[n00b] Member

if we get vanilla b4 i would recommend the current update, so everyone can try out all the new stuff and i was wondering if we were going to make it large biomes ?? Dmr, Gman?

TheBosman wrote:
This is home . Done and done .

Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:55 pm
Profile WWW
[HNIC] Stзamroller ω

ResinCactus wrote:
i was wondering if we were going to make it large biomes ?? Dmr, Gman?

All that stuff is up to Deadman.

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
-- Hunter S Thompson

Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:48 pm
Profile WWW
Dirty Hippie (nobody likes this guy)

I'm down for a reset and trying vanilla. Granted I didn't have much invested in the server. The mods were sick! Or at least how far I got in it. But I'd like to see what the updates change and have fair in tech we can get with vanilla.

Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:07 pm
He Am Drive Jeep!

Reset with vanilla for me, then, to mods.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:51 pm
[n00b] Member

I actually liked the mods, especially the Build/Indust craft.

I think it would be boss to go back to vanilla for now just so we can work out what we want, and what we actually miss.

n00bfest presents
BROKEN MUGEN

Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:21 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]