n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 11:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Minecraft map 
Forum Newbie

Post Minecraft map
Hey I haven't been on the server for a while cause I'm waiting for the 1.2 update. The girlfriend and I have been working on a world on our own. I wondered if anyone new of a program to render a map of the minecraft saved worlds. I know they have plugins for servers to see maps but couldn't find anything for using the world save to make a picture of one. Also I was wondering how the building on the 1.2 pre-release server is going. Has anyone started on a capital city or a town at the spawn point yet?
I'll show some pictures of what The girlfriend and I have made. I think something like this would be really neat for a spawn area.

This is a far view as you come in from the back of town

Same angle but closer so you can see the town

This is from the east gate

This is from on top of the hill where the main gate leading to the harbor is.

Any info about a map generator would be wonderfull and if anyone wants to see any more pictures of the town I can post more. also if anyone wants to put up some pictures of stuff they made in single player I would love to see them :3

Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:36 pm
[n00b] Member

Post Re: Minecraft map
I know Fomenta used something like that for the 1.1 world in the main minecraft server. It was pretty simple if I remember correctly. I'll try to look into something that might not take as long to render it. Also, are you just wanting like an overall map similar to the in-game ones but covering the whole world, or do you want like a 3D rendering that gets saved as an image?

EDIT: In regards to the pre-release server, I have a tree fort near spawn that I'm using, but as soon as I move out of it, I'm fine with people using it. Hell, feel free to live on one of the several decks I've made, just don't take my stuff unless you ask. LOL

Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:07 pm
Forum Newbie

Dead Man wrote:
I know Fomenta used something like that for the 1.1 world in the main minecraft server. It was pretty simple if I remember correctly. I'll try to look into something that might not take as long to render it. Also, are you just wanting like an overall map similar to the in-game ones but covering the whole world, or do you want like a 3D rendering that gets saved as an image?

Yeah we are looking for a 3D image map of the whole world. We made other things on the map like a lil hillbilly town that i named Podunk, a city on top of a mountain that we are going to add airships too plus I have been using mcedit and started work on a pirates cove complete with a skull mountain. It would be nice to see how the world looks as a whole on a map.

Dead Man wrote:
EDIT: In regards to the pre-release server, I have a tree fort near spawn that I'm using, but as soon as I move out of it, I'm fine with people using it. Hell, feel free to live on one of the several decks I've made, just don't take my stuff unless you ask. LOL

Deadman don't forget to tell people no fireplaces on those decks or you may log onto a burned down tree house lol

Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:15 pm
[n00b] Member

Little more worried about people just taking my shit, as you can see by my post about the one guy I had to ban. Hate that shit. XD

Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:48 pm
[n00b] Member

it looks nice fellas

Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:51 pm
Game Server Admin

been working in the n00bfest server as of lately, made some safe houses. got lost several times. and yes I shoulda made a compass before exploring, but live and learn.

Old Ode...

Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:40 am
Profile YIM
[HNIC] Stзamroller ω

Ode, you should get on the secondary server -- the primary is going down and will be replaced by the secondary world soon. There are instructions on this forum or if you hop in vent, someone will be able to show you how to get into the new server.

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
-- Hunter S Thompson

Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:22 pm
Profile WWW
Game Server Admin

cool beans, will be right there.

Old Ode..

Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:24 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]