n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 6:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Does anyone know what kind of blocks these are?? 
Game Server Admin

Post Does anyone know what kind of blocks these are??
I found these when I was mining. I tried breaking them with an iron pick axe but it wouldnt break.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:31 pm
n00bfest Elder, Senior Admin

Post Re: Does anyone know what kind of blocks these are??
That's bedrock. You can't break it so don't bother trying.

Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:32 pm
Game Server Admin

Ok, gotcha thanks!

Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:33 pm
n00bfest Elder, Senior Admin

Bedrock is pretty much saying you've reached the bottom. There is no going further.

Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:36 pm
One-Eyed Elder, Senior Admin

If you hit F3, you can see what level you're on too. I believe it's the Y axis that tells you. I usually diamond mine at Y: 12 because that's generally the lava level, meaning, laval usually doesn't fall on my head when I'm mining 13 & 14, it's right at my feet and easier to cover up and control.

Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:46 pm
Profile YIM
Game Server Admin

Yea i have yet to find any diamond :(

Yea i was at 5 when i found this.

Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:45 pm

Go to level 12 and dig a 3 (tall) x 1 tunnel, dig straight for a while, then take a right or left, and dig about 10-15 blocks over. Go back to the start, and make a perpendicular tunnel to your previous right or left, once again, the same 10-15 blocks over. Then dig up to meet your other tunnel. You've now made a big rectangle. Now, skip to every third block and dig. Doing this, you should find diamond easily.

Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:20 pm
Profile YIM
Game Server Admin

Coach wrote:
Go to level 12 and dig a 3 (tall) x 1 tunnel, dig straight for a while, then take a right or left, and dig about 10-15 blocks over. Go back to the start, and make a perpendicular tunnel to your previous right or left, once again, the same 10-15 blocks over. Then dig up to meet your other tunnel. You've now made a big rectangle. Now, skip to every third block and dig. Doing this, you should find diamond easily.

I'll have to try this, because i've gone through atleast 30 pickaxes between 10-16 and haven't found any, I have a shit ton of iron, gold, coal, redstone and that blue shit haha

Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:29 pm
[n00b] Member

Endermen can pick a bedrock block. Even though you would find a breach (enderman or simply engine mistake), you would die if you'd fall into it. In the Minecraft world, it's called "The Void". Basically, you just fall in an empty space, and start dying after a while. You can't place blocks under the bedrock level (Y -1 and under) but water can flow in it, making it possible to just swim down a bit and get back up. But, as I said, you need either luck or an enderman doing the job for you.

There are also bedrock in the nether. One advantage of the nether's bedrock though is that there are bedrocks at the bottom of it, and on top of it. So if you find a breach on top, you won't die if you get "out" of the actual world, but then again, you can't build shit outside

Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:38 pm

t0keN wrote:
Coach wrote:

I'll have to try this, because i've gone through atleast 30 pickaxes between 10-16 and haven't found any, I have a shit ton of iron, gold, coal, redstone and that blue shit haha

One thing I have noticed: If you do this nearby an abandoned mine, you won't find anything. Best thing to do is go out in the middle of nowhere, with nothing awesome nearby, dig down to level 12 and start.

Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:11 pm
Profile YIM
[n00b] Member

Coach wrote:
One thing I have noticed: If you do this nearby an abandoned mine, you won't find anything. Best thing to do is go out in the middle of nowhere, with nothing awesome nearby, dig down to level 12 and start.

Wrong. Abandonned mines have nothing to do with the number of diamond blocks you'll find. It's like saying they're a lot more close to lava lakes than anywhere else. It is true that we can find a lot nearby lava lakes, but jsut because it's at the right Y level (like Coach said, dig at that level and you'll find a lot).

It all depends on how deep in a cave you are. If you're lucky and love to explore caves, you could find one with a lot of different paths in it, which would lead you to some diamond blocks. Explore 2 ravines I've shown you. My buddy and I didn't dig that much to get all the materials we could find so you might be lucky and get yourself some diamond out of these caves!

Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:17 pm
[n00b] Member

Btw, here's a little tip when you explore a cave. Coach said not to dig under that level because you could get fucked by lava. It's true if you keep your stuff in your inventory fucked up like I can see on your picture.

Here's how I keep it clean so I don't get fucked by mobs or lava because I need time to find my shit.

Since I can reach the 5 first numbers on my keyboard really easily, I keep the 5 most important things I need. First, my sword (so I can kill any mobs when I explore), 2nd : pickaxe, 3rd : shovel, 4th : dirt blocks or cobblestones (because when you dig and don't know what's on the other side, you need something to block the hole asap. Dirt or cobblestone's perfect for this task) and 5th : torches.

Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:24 pm
Game Server Admin

Yea ive been down there a lot. I've got a lot of iron, gold and coal and stuff but no diamonds yet :(

Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:25 pm
Game Server Admin

LeCoq wrote:
Btw, here's a little tip when you explore a cave. Coach said not to dig under that level because you could get fucked by lava. It's true if you keep your stuff in your inventory fucked up like I can see on your picture.

Here's how I keep it clean so I don't get fucked by mobs or lava because I need time to find my shit.

Since I can reach the 5 first numbers on my keyboard really easily, I keep the 5 most important things I need. First, my sword (so I can kill any mobs when I explore), 2nd : pickaxe, 3rd : shovel, 4th : dirt blocks or cobblestones (because when you dig and don't know what's on the other side, you need something to block the hole asap. Dirt or cobblestone's perfect for this task) and 5th : torches.

O I just finished working on my stuff thats why i have all that stuff. When i go explore, i bring the bare minimum. Learned this the hard way when i feel in lava and lost a bunch of stuff!

Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:27 pm
Game Server Admin

Here's an idea, bunny hop down as far as you can go and flash the crap out of the bedrock. Then plant the bomb and as you run out save the hostages except the asian one, that one you shoot in the head.

Try that and tell me how it worked?

cptreynolds@n00bfest.com

Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:22 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]