n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 On canals, stay off the roof of big giant boathouse. 
[n00b] Member

Post On canals, stay off the roof of big giant boathouse.
Unless/until you hear different, the roof of the boathouse on Canals is an exploit, and you will be kicked if you are taking advantage.

It's the biggest building on the map by far. The only way to get to the roof is to parachute down from heli.

The exploit being, it's near impossible to shoot enemies from below, even if you can see them clearly. There's some "invisible" bulletproof wall. The only way to shoot them off is to be at a similar elevation and snipe them.

Do feel free to argue differently if you feel this is an incorrect judgement.

THANKS ♥

Player [[n00b] Reborn''] [STEAM_0:1:456925]
Time 02/21/2010 @ 17:17:03

Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:43 am
Raging Knight

Post Re: On canals, stay off the roof of big giant boathouse.
I assume this is what you're talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6RQRCGkhys

Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:46 am
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

That's the one. I'm not sure about the walkway he lands on 1st, that might be shootable from both ends which would make it fine. The roof of that building though is bugged.

Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:55 am
[n00b] Member

After seeing this and playing awhile I do agree this is the best call. I usually am against creating rules where you can and cannot be in the playing field but this is righteous.

Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:37 pm
[n00b] Member

Can we also discourage of jets attacking jet spawns because most of them its OUT OF COMBAT, so Eng like myself can't really be repairing it.

Note, I'm not saying ban but discourage it.

Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:07 pm
[n00b] Member

I've not seen that as a problem. It happend in BF1942 and was a matter of playing the game, i.e. you always checked opponent's airfield for planes taking off and tried to catch them there. TBH I've not seen anyone doing that on our server, and I've flown quite a bit with no problem getting off the runway.

The roof thing we see (for now) as an exploit of a bug. The plane thing (allowing planes to fly OOB) is a part of the game as of now.

That's my opinion on it, we might want to address it if it becomes a problem and is seen as unfair.

Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:52 pm
[n00b] Member

I'm mixed on the whole jet spawn issue. Dirk brings up the point that is natural to check the enemy spawn to keep track of the air to see if you're in the clear or if you have a enemy in the sky. I do it all the time, but what sets the difference is the time between spotting and attacking.

I think it is wrong and should be banned is when the jet is attacked when it hasn't left the ground, I've had it done to me and it's not F*CKING fun. What I do consider fair game is when a jet has just departed from the ground, I usually give an enemy pilot if I am trolling their base about a few second start to actually become airborne and becoming officially "in play".

Realistically though, this is a rare problem. I've only had two occasions where I've entered a damaged plane because of preemptive strike. Most people just by chance have kept up with only attacking jets in air mainly because people are focused on getting points so that means focusing on the main battleground and not the opponents airfield.

Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:36 pm
[n00b] Member

That's my whole issue, I know in one round, every jets was damaged and blew up before even taking off and not being able to take down jets with stringers easily dues to low cooldown on flares is annoying as F*CK.

Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:43 pm
[n00b] Member

You gotta be sneaky with the stingers :D Lock on, but hold your wad, and let them shoot their precious flares. Then lock on as quickly as possible and blow your wad. Almost always gets em.

Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:27 pm
[n00b] Member

Tazzaler wrote:
I'm mixed on the whole jet spawn issue. Dirk brings up the point that is natural to check the enemy spawn to keep track of the air to see if you're in the clear or if you have a enemy in the sky. I do it all the time, but what sets the difference is the time between spotting and attacking.

I think it is wrong and should be banned is when the jet is attacked when it hasn't left the ground, I've had it done to me and it's not F*CKING fun. What I do consider fair game is when a jet has just departed from the ground, I usually give an enemy pilot if I am trolling their base about a few second start to actually become airborne and becoming officially "in play".

Fair's fair in love, and war. The Iraqi pilots during ODS weren't happy when Coalition jets jacked them on the runway. Not that it really mattered since they were outclassed, and outgunned from the start. I'm pretty sure they didn't go crying to the UN because Coalition aircraft camped their spawn. The Luftwaffe did it to the British during the Battle of Britain, we did post D-Day in return. Plus if the runway is OB then the punishment timer is clocking down on the enemy pilot once they pass the boundary. If it bothers you so much grab a Stinger, and provide AA support near the airbase. Eventually the enemy pilot will get the point, or get splashed.

Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:35 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]