n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 rates and your ping 
[n00b] Member

I think we are in the same position Vision. If my cmd_rate goes above 30 my choke goes insane. Everything else works good though.

Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:17 pm
[n00b] Member

yea sometimes 40 works but then it doesnt ...

Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:06 pm
[n00b] Member

about the "laggy" feel. I asked a guy on another server last night and he told me if you have a shit internet, then it may look like the players lag around the map. That happens to me. so blah

Does ex_interp help you more with shooting others? or does it stop others from shooting you as easily?

Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:19 pm
[n00b] Member

ex_interp is a client setting that only affects you, it made a huge difference in my play but once you get used to it trust me, it'll be annoying as hell when you're playing in the n00b servers and when people kill you with a gun and they're barely aiming in your general direction, that's why i get so annoyed

Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:56 am
[n00b] Member

as explained to me correlates to how many calculations your system does to figure out where the enemy is. the higher the number the smoother your game looks but it also means the positions that you see your enemies are averaged and therefore less accurate. The lower your ex_interp the choppier the game looks but the positions that you see everyone in are more accurate and therefore by playing with a lower ex_interp you'll be able to see where everyone really is and this should increase your aim and general skill.

what i've noticed is that ex_interp is directly related to cl_updaterate. the higher your cl_updaterate is the lower your ex_interp can be. This is not precise but off the top of my head if your cl_updaterate is over 80 then your ex_interp can be set at .01.

you probably wont like the game at .01 becuz its really choppy. But if your like me and just want to get better then you should try it out. even lowering it a little bit say to .05 will keep the game smooth and help you be more accurate.

Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:53 am
[HNIC] Stзamroller ω

I set mine to .05 and I've noticed a DRASTIC increase in my accuracy.

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
-- Hunter S Thompson

Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:40 pm
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

I tried to set mine at .01 with current settings... it automatically made it go to .05. I have a lot better headshot ratio now. Only problem still is that I seem to hit peoples left arm 1/3 of the time. You'd think when you get shot in the arm that holds the gun up that you'd tend to drop the gun a bit more then they do. Well thanks for the ex_interp help... tonight I had haxor scores... 24-2 25-3 23-5 on the Elite server. I owe it all to you :wink:

Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:27 am
[n00b] Member

if u want to try to get your ex_interp lower you have to raise your cl_updaterate. use net_graph 3 to find the setting which gives you no loss and little/no choke.

Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:33 am
[n00b] Member

Yea, I know... but like a few of us said before... if we raise those our choke goes nucking futs on us. Is there really a huge difference in .05 and .01... i'm not sure what the numbers stand for... but I don't know if the .01 is worth the choke I would have to put up with :oops:

Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:42 am
[n00b] Member

yea well sniper it changes from server to server... it just so happens that on n00bfest we have to play with a low cl_updaterate and so our ex_interp has to be higher.

if say no one is in n00bfest and you go to another server then you might be able to raise your cl_updaterate and lower your ex_interp.

it changes server to server. and if you saw a difference between .1 and .05 then you'll see a difference between .05 and .01.

btw the less amount of people in the server the better that way you can raise your cl_updaterate. but when n00bfest starts filling up i have to slowly start lowering it as the server fills up.

Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:42 am
[n00b] Member

Sounds like an aweful lot of work... I think I'll stick with the .05 It's not like I'm gonna be in CAL or anything like that. :roll:

Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:04 am
[n00b] Member

I just wanted to know if the game became choppy for others when it was set to .01
I guess it is choppy and doesn't matter about how good your computer or internet connection is, so I'll probably try playing with mine at a lower ex_interp (.025-.05) because it's damn hard to spray at people lagging around everywhere.

If anyone notices that it's less choppy in other servers at .01, please let me know so I know to change my settings outside of n00bfest.

Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:25 pm
[n00b] Member

I cant seem to use these things...in my consel...><
sniff*
i lagg so much...i see the person and i shoot and next thing u know im dead wit a hs to mah face... :(
anyone got any idea wat i should do from stop making me lag??^^

Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:02 pm
[n00b] Member

it looks like lag but it isnt. your computer is doin less calculations to figure out where the other people are. that means that instead of smoothing everything out it just shows the most up to date info on where he is... if it looks like bad lag then your setting is probably too low and u should try raising it a bit until you can play without getting the 'lag'

Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:58 am
[n00b] Member

also, if you lag that much, just lower your cl_updaterate (the ex_interp will automatically change with it)

Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:13 pm
[n00b] Member

For some reason my ex_interp keeps changing back to the original .1. I changed it in the config file like 5 times now... is there something I'm missing?

Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:42 pm
[n00b] Member

do an autoexec config and put all your rate commands and ex_interp 0.05 in there, but if you play in a server other than n00bfest (im assuming) some of the servers are so bad that they have their rates set below yours, so they force your interp to that the server can still make calculations. from then on your interp will be locked at .1 due to that server, and you'll need to restart your cs

Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:23 pm
[n00b] Member

I pretty much stick to n00bfest unless I scrim or no one is on. I figured out that I needed to make the autoexec file read only so it stops changing it.

Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:49 pm
[n00b] Member

ever since i put that 101/101 in my choke has been in the 70's

Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:19 pm
[n00b] Member

cl_cmdrate 10

works best for me is this good or bad?

Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next