n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 3:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Problem with drivers? 
[n00b] Member

Post Problem with drivers?
"Your driver has stopped responding but has recovered". I have been getting this message on my computer for a day now, and it happens often. Basically, everything freezes, the screen turns completely black for a little bit, and then everything comes back up and that message will show up in the corner.
Now, I had this problem a while ago, but I cant remember how I fixed it. I have updated my drivers, and the message still appears. Also, I have been noticing that now sometimes, my graphics become stretched or buggy, just like when I used to have this problem.
Anyone know how to fix this? I'm not a computer wiz and don't know anything, so if I need to follow any steps, mind saying them at a retard level :P
And other info : I use NVIDIA, if that helps

Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:55 pm
[n00b] Member

Post Re: Problem with drivers?
Completely uninstall your drivers than reinstall using the newest driver with the "clean install option". I'm also going to go out on a limb and assume this happens during your webbrowsing and there is Flash on the page...make sure your webbrowser and flash are completely up to date.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Your+driver+has+st ... +recovered

look through those and troubleshoot further if it happens again.

Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:15 pm
[n00b] Member

That fixed it. Thank you Tazzaler! :D

Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:29 pm
[n00b] Member

Also one more question, is this also the reason why when I play games on my computer, it keeps flashing, the graphics go weird, and it wont fix until i alt tab? Because I have uninstall the drivers, and reinstalled them, they worked fine for a while, then its starting up again.

Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:35 pm
[n00b] Member

Do you have vsync disabled? If you do enable it.. If you enable it in game and still the same.. Use your graphics card utility to force it enabled.. It will cap your fps to the monitor, but should fix it.

*Edit*

It is also possible your graphics card could be suffering from memory errors, cause it to do that.

Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:07 pm
Game Server Admin

Jason0885 wrote:
Do you have vsync disabled? If you do enable it.. If you enable it in game and still the same.. Use your graphics card utility to force it enabled.. It will cap your fps to the monitor, but should fix it.

*Edit*

It is also possible your graphics card could be suffering from memory errors, cause it to do that.

His card could also be defective from the manufacturer or His Power supply might not be able to handle the power demands of the card and its artifacting or bugging out

Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:02 am
[n00b] Member

CLOROX wrote:
His card could also be defective from the manufacturer or His Power supply might not be able to handle the power demands of the card and its artifacting or bugging out

Yes it is possible, I hope not for his sake. But it is possible.

Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]