n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 2:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Mother boards 
Game Server Admin

Post Mother boards
I need some help decideing on some mobo cause well I don't know what's good I have an AMD phenom 9550 quad core 5120 ram DDR3 and a SATA HDD I need atleast 1 pci-e slot. I've done some looking up but really I'm not sure what it all means I would like to get an i7 processor mobo but heres the noob part of me... If I got an i7 mobo would I need to buy a new processor or does it come on it already? Heres a few links I've looked up for mobo but I'm not sure to buy or not.

http://www.motherboardsdirect.com/produ ... ts_id=2685

http://www.motherboardsdirect.com/produ ... ts_id=3080

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLi ... erboard+i7
So any of you smart techie people could help me out be greatly appreicated so I can get back on CSS and let you pwn me some more lol.

"I am the robber of my cradle. Candy is my body and teddy-bears are my blood. I have snached over a thousand little girls. Unknown to police. Nor known to Chris Henson. Have withstood time to stalk many children. Yet those kids will never be enough. So as I pray--"

Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:21 pm
Supreme Spammer

Post Re: Mother boards
what speed is ur ram?? what video card do u have and what slot does it use (pci express x16, pci express 2.0 x16, or pci express 2.1 x16)?? if u buy an i7 mobo u would need to buy a new i7 processor. and how many sticks of ram do u use? and how many gigabytes do u have?

u said u have "AMD phenom 9550 quad core 5120 ram DDR3" where does the 5120 fit in. do u mean u have 5GB of RAM? or what

Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:30 pm
Profile YIM
Game Server Admin

o.o ram speed lol not sure but yes 5gigs of ram it's an nvida gforce 9300ge video card SATA 1 tera HDD and I'm pretty sure it's pci express 2.0 but I'll xheck when I get home I use 4 sticks of ram 1 2gig and 3 1gig....i found my pc I bougt in 2008 heres a link hopefully thid will tell you what you need to know.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/docu ... R1002_USEN

"I am the robber of my cradle. Candy is my body and teddy-bears are my blood. I have snached over a thousand little girls. Unknown to police. Nor known to Chris Henson. Have withstood time to stalk many children. Yet those kids will never be enough. So as I pray--"

Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:15 pm
Supreme Spammer

ok, 99% of the time when u buy a computer from a company such as HP or Dell or any of those types companies u cannot upgrade the motherboard because the computer case and motherboard are proprietary. i think u would need to call HP and have them replace the motherboard, even if ur out of warranty they will replace it but ull need to pay (they probably still make the motherboards for ur computer since its only from '08). next time i suggest going to ibuypower.com cause they will use retail parts meaning u can upgrade them sooooo much easier. i would say buy the components and put it together urself, but u dont seem to have that type of knowledge, so ibuypower.com is a good alternative.

Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:36 am
Profile YIM
Game Server Admin

alrighty then :/ thank rexxer

Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:52 pm
Game Server Admin

Ok so rexxer i took it to the place that is going to fix my mobo and they said they can easily take it out and replace it (looks like its screwed in not glued or stuck down to the case) so ill go take a look at that site you have in your post but any extra info would be great or what you prefer for a mobo

Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:04 pm
Supreme Spammer

winitnow wrote:
Ok so rexxer i took it to the place that is going to fix my mobo and they said they can easily take it out and replace it (looks like its screwed in not glued or stuck down to the case) so ill go take a look at that site you have in your post but any extra info would be great or what you prefer for a mobo

i only buy mobos from asus (the best company). make sure that u ask them if the jumpers will work. of course the mobo is screwed down not glued down, but the jumpers from the case are what is usually proprietary from those big, gay companies

Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:01 pm
Profile YIM
Game Server Admin

lol well how you made it sound like they glued down and not let you take it out lol...but I took it into him he checked it out and said they could replace it fairly easy and since it's an 08' he said I could just order the same mobo if I wanted to. But I'll look for an asus then. Thanks for the help tho :)

Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:22 pm
Supreme Spammer

Ok, i am not gonna help u waste ur money on a motherboard that will almost definitely not be compatible with ur computer. U have two options tho, buy the same motherboard that is in ur computer now, or buy a new case and motherboard.

Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:48 pm
Profile YIM
Game Server Admin

Winit - get the CPU-Z and post screen shoots from that application. This will help us help you (lulz)
You can get the app here: http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html
sample screen (mine Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_28 ):

Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:13 pm
Profile WWW
Supreme Spammer

Ctp. Carrot wrote:
Winit - get the CPU-Z and post screen shoots from that application. This will help us help you (lulz)
You can get the app here: http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html
sample screen (mine Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_28 ):

that would be useless for him, and he probably cant even get into his computer. its useless because he gave us the model number of his HP so we can get any info we need from their website. but it still wont matter because u cant put just any motherboard into an HP, u need to call HP and have them get u the same motherboard as the one u have in there now, u have no choice, but feel free to waste money on a new motherboard.

Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:34 pm
Profile YIM
Game Server Admin

Thx rexxer lol i was reading his post and was like...thats gonna do me ALOT of good if i could get on my computer i wouldnt be talking about new mobos lol. But alrite np ill check it out with HP uggg them wanting to cost like 5million dollars half the time >< 600$ to replace a laptop screen im like are u smoken crack i can get one for 100$ then hung up on them :/ ( still got the laptop and the broken screen lul)

Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]