n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Has Anyone Noticed? 
Community Owner

Post Has Anyone Noticed?
There seem to be a lot less "debug errors" when posting messages and stuff?

Huh?

Have you noticed that?

I might have fixed it. It used to fail if ANYTHING else was going on. If the servers were empty and not many people were viewing the site, things would work great. Put 2 people in a server, and the F*CKING thing would freak out.

Well, for all those tech heads out there who crave non-essential information:
I had the mail server configuration for the forums setup as "local machine" because the SMTP server is, in fact, on the local machine. I told it the address was at 63.209.100.199 (the same address as the servers. That worked fine during Saturday morning tests to confirm proper configuration. Like I said though, during real-world use, it fails miserably.

NOW: I changed the forum configs to use an outside, named mail server called noobfest.com and it's using DNS to find it. It's still going right to the exact same place, but it seems to be working for some reason!

I even used the "mass mail" function yesterday to send out some test emails to some of the usergroups. I got spam from me! Did any of you get spam from me? Mine went right to my "Bulk Mailers" folder. heh heh...

Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:43 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]