n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 6:03 pm

Forum rules

This is where you tell your tales. This isn't a forum for links or boobs. This is just like you're in the pub, you tell stories.

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 The Cpt stirs the pot! 
Game Server Admin

Post The Cpt stirs the pot!
So ok, here's the story of stiring the pot. Long time ago in a galaxy far far away, oh wait wrong story. Well this story dates back to the early nineties and a good friend of mine was living in a basement apartment. Every weekend we would head over to his place to hang out and just get away from the families. Well my buddy was not what you would say the cleanest person, actually he was a slob. So dirty dishes in the sink would be expected and basically the norm, but on this day there was something new.

Yes, something even a close friend of his and usually expects the worst was surprised to find. A huge cooking pot on the stove with a big sign on it reading “Don't Stir the Pot”. Now there were 7 other people already there relaxing and just hanging out and not one of them even bothered with the pot as they walked past it when they entered the apartment. I mean you couldn't miss it since you have to pass through the kitchen to reach the rest of the basement apartment. Now the other guys all saw the sign and decided to leave it alone, ya not me though. I had to investigate! Here on this stove sat a huge cooking pot that could hold a full size chicken just sitting there in the center of the stove off the burners with the handle of spoon sticking out on one side. Now as I examine the inside of the pot I notice that it's full, but with what I don't know since there is a thick film formed on top preventing you from seeing whats underneath. The film is so thick it holds the spoon solid in place. Now this really peaks my interest, I have to know what's under the film. Now a smart man would simply ask the individual as to what was under there but I know my friend would either lie or just say you don't want to know. So I not being a sane man I decide to do the unthinkable!

I grab the handle of the spoon and do what the sign said not to, I stirred the pot! Now it took a little force since the film was thicker then I expected but I got that film broken and the spoon all the way around. It was about ¾'s of the way around the stir that I realized the importance of the sign. The sudden stench that hit me in the face made me instantly puke in my mouth! It came up so sudden I actually spit some of it in the pot. The stench was unreal and it moved throughout the apartment with lightning speed, because it was only mere seconds after I stirred the pot did I hear the sudden panicked voice scream out “Who stirred the pot?”. At this point I was still in ground zero with a mouthful of puke so I did not have time to answer, at this point I was acting out of instinct and just fled the scene. It took just seconds for me to reach the backyard where I began to spit out the puke in my mouth and only seconds after that my 7 friends came running out behind me.

My buddy didn't even have time to ask again who stirred the pot when his land lady came out asking what the stench was that made it's way to the main floor stinking up the whole house. After calming his land lady down he was able to brave the stench and retrieve the pot from the kitchen and pour it out in the fire pit in the backyard. He quickly sprayed out the pot with the garden hose and returned it to the sink in his kitchen for a deeper cleaning later. We had to go out that day since it took hours with all the windows open to air out the apartment, lol.

So take my advice, if you find a pot that has a sign that reads “Don't stir the pot”, well don't stir it. Or stir it and run like I did!

cptreynolds@n00bfest.com

Last edited by CPTReynolds on Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:58 pm
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

Post Re: The Cpt stirs the pot!
You still never told us exactly what was in the pot.. Spoiled food perhaps?

Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:18 pm
Game Server Admin

Pasta reminents if I remember correctly.

cptreynolds@n00bfest.com

Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:38 pm
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

Paragraphs nigga, do you know them?

Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:37 pm
[n00b] Member

Tazzaler wrote:
Paragraphs nigga, do you know them?

Also, Piques not Peaks.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:02 am
Game Server Admin

I wrote it quick so is it now to your liking Taz?

cptreynolds@n00bfest.com

Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:06 am
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

I would of drank it.

Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:44 am
Profile YIM
Game Server Admin

awesome story. i've had some stinky pots too haha

Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:43 pm