n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 3:26 pm

Forum rules

This is where you tell your tales. This isn't a forum for links or boobs. This is just like you're in the pub, you tell stories.

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 My Revelation 
n00bfest Council

Post My Revelation
Something I wrote. I honestly don't remember what game this is nor do I care to find out again. Enjoy

Light and Dark

Light and dark. Two opposites of the same coin. Neither one of them can survive without the other, and in a world without them would be like that of one without order and chaos; it just simply wouldn’t exist. For those who believe that the world is simply made of these two halves, unfortunately for them, they are sadly mistaken. There is no true white. There is no true black. There are only shades of gray. Happiness and sadness; pleasure and pain; reality and fantasy. Like light and darkness, each of these are always a mix of each other, never totally one or the other.

Honestly, feeling this way has never been a part of my life. I always saw things in the extremes, either good or evil. But now...everything is relative and never absolute. All good things come with a price and all thunderstorms come with a silver lining.

How did this all come to me? Ironically enough, it appeared through a video game. It was a dark and stormy night, and I don’t mean this as a bad pun; a terrible thunderstorm had come up, lightning flashing through the night air, illuminating the ground and causing shadows to expand and shrink all over rain-soaked ground. I was playing a video game I had received for Christmas, locking myself in my room with all the lights off and the only radiance emanating from my television screen.

I had finally come to the end of the game, my eyes tired from looking at the electronic machine for so long, the pupils constantly dilating and contracting to take in the amount of light flashing from the screen. I was amazed that I had finally beaten the blasted thing, my brain crackling with madness from six straight hours of non-stop playing. It kept switching from hyper motion to sluggish slumber, and I felt as though I had just been thrown off a giant whirly wheel and was stumbling about without any idea of what I was doing or where I was going.

And then it happened. The main character took one searing look at the villain and exclaimed, “There will always be light!” It was if a giant light bulb had appeared above my head showering the room and my mind in its heavenly glow...And then the power went out and wiped out all of my game information. It seemed that lightning had struck an electrical pole and snapped the power lines, causing my room to be engulfed in a black abyss.

I sat there in the dark, the controls hanging loosely in my numb hands. Had my eyes not have been totally dried out by an unhealthy dose of video game playing I would had been crying tears of regret and absolute sorrow. Victory was not without a price, just like the flashes of light did not also carry bouts of darkness within their very core.

It’s funny how ideas come to you. One moment your mind is as barren and desolate as the desert and then become as fertile and lively as a forest. It came to me through a blaze of insight (and please forgive the slightly tactless choice of words.)

Fantasy is perfect, but reality is a sad letdown. For those out there who think that only good will come out of life, you are sadly mistaken. But don’t worry, you’re half right. Think of it like this, you’re heart is like your soul and so is like your life. Every heart is born in darkness, and every heart will eventually succumb to it.

But in every heart there is a tiny glimmer that can never be put out. This light is always going to be a savior for anyone. It’s quite like your life: suffering happens, you can’t escape it, and if you do, it’ll just come back to bite you, or someone else (Neither of these should be desired by the way.)

But no matter how bad life gets, you should know that there were some good things in your life no matter how small. Those who have hope in their lives shall always triumph, as long as they keep that trust that there shall be a better tomorrow. There shall always be light. But also remember that since there is light, there always will be darkness. The two can’t survive without each other. So don’t think of the world as just simply white or simply black. Think of life as varying shades of gray that are neither totally dark, nor totally light, but with at least some or the other mixed in with each other.

It’s funny how fate works. Now that I’ve had this simple revelation my entire outlook on life has been completely changed. Although I still am a bit of a pessimist, I am able to see the good that might come out of any troublesome situation. However, I am also now quite hesitant to enjoy whatever good thing may come my way also, as the inkling that something bad may result from it hangs over my head like an unexpressed thought, always never too far off in the distance, always a grim messenger of what has yet to come.

Although some might see this as one of the saddest views on life, I am happy to say that this is mine and no one else’s. At least I hope that it is. In any case may this own little thought of mine have an effect on your life, no matter how little or, hopefully, profound. But this is my idea of a lifestyle and I hope you have found your own by now, too.

There is truth in the darkness, and falsehoods in the light. Remember that...and be wary of it.

Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:25 am
[n00b] Member

Post Re: My Revelation
Unspoken aggression rising to the occasion, only to fade, never knowing why i wished it forthwith, maybe subconsciously stimulated into tangible thought. Perspective changes like the air whipping at your face, being mindful isn't worth it, if when you think afar, you miss something close.

And as long as dark and light go, a ying yang can say many things. Dark being the strongest point in overwhelming light, and light being the strongest in overcoming darkness, for if you close one eye, and only see dark, and then open it to see light and dark, then close the other and only see pure light, you would never truly know the difference unless you have seen them both. Think of all the games, movies, and characterization in general. The blind are those whom never see the other side.

They say when you stare into the void, it stares back, what if you are the void.

TheBosman wrote:
This is home . Done and done .

Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:14 am
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

Nothing is a much more profound focal point to observe than any specific object. Try it some night in solitude, or even in the busiest of locations and take a few deep breaths. Focus on the empty space in and around the persons, and things. The gaps of silence between thought, between the noises that occur throughout the day. If you do a little of this as often as is practical, you will become a much more centered being. Why? Because you will have discovered the balancing point between opposites.

Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:43 am
n00bfest Council

And now... I must kill both of you...

Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:34 am
[n00b] Member

You know you have a soft spot in your heart for our sorry asses.

Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:07 pm
n00bfest Council

It's legal to murder you two right? for like population control?

Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:28 pm
[n00b] Member

For me i believe it will be stopping a lot of things from happening, please hito come to fl i wanna meet you and kwang :D

TheBosman wrote:
This is home . Done and done .

Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:35 pm
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

F*CK.. now i am a witness. Hito you have now made me an accomplice so i ask if i can help.?

Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:23 pm
[n00b] Member

I can help you kill them both, just let me get my leather and wax.... Wait that's not what your talking about?

"OH BABY YOU BOUGHT ME A HALLMARK CARD AND SOME F*CKING ROSES. PLEASE BUST A LOAD IN MY SNATCH AND LET'S MAKE A CRITTER"
"LOL K"
*SPLAT*

-Gman

Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]