n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:06 pm

Forum rules

This is where you tell your tales. This isn't a forum for links or boobs. This is just like you're in the pub, you tell stories.

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Deer Season 09 
[n00b] Member

Post Deer Season 09
What a fucked up season, so far anyway.

Our season is 2 weeks long, starts on the 15th of Nov. I hunt in a shotgun only zone on my parents 3,500 acre crop farm. I have an insane amount of deer to choose from each year. This year I had 2 spikes, a 4 point, 2 six points and 20+ doe in three days. Opening morning I got stuck with shoot this (see pic below) 4 point. It came limping in and looked like it had been shot. Being the good sportsman I am I put him out of his misery. He dropped in his tracks after the 20 yard shot. I walked up to him to find that he had actually been hit by a car. his foot was swollen and his shoulder was destroyed. Michigan hunting laws allows 2 bucks per year to be taken. At least one of the two have to be at least an 8 point. I had one 8 come up but couldn't get a shot. once I confirmed he was an 8 I drew up on him and he jumped into a brush pile. I waited for 6 hours and the F*CKER never came back around. My lovely step father decided to chisel plow the cut corn I was hunting and after that I was lucky to see 3 doe a night at 500+ yards. My fiance missed another buck. My buddy shot a nice 6 point that was at least 4 years old. Cousin missed 4 bucks (so he says, he smokes a lot of dope). I live about 2 1/2 hours away from my parents so its a pain to get time to make the trip up to hunt. I might get some time in this weekend and then I might head out for the late muzzleloader season in Jan. Basically I seen a shitload of deer that I could of spit on they were so close, I held off thinking I have a whole week to hunt and then my dumb F*CKING hillbilly step dad runs the versatile through the field. He wins. here is the little fella that had a boo boo

Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:46 pm
Profile YIM
[n00b] Member

Post Re: Deer Season 09
You can see his swollen foot, it would be his front left, look towards the bottom of the pick, and you can see his muscle loss next to his shoulder

Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:47 pm
Profile YIM
[n00b] Member

That makes me very sad :( He would've made a good pet.

Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:19 pm
[n00b] Member

Hell, Nice kill my friend you have seen more deer then me. Wi deer season here has been tough. I shot a small basket racked 8 point with the bow. I havent seen shit for rifle, My old lady missed 3 does lol, Good luck and happy turkey day knock em down

Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:29 pm
[n00b] Member

Location: Look Monks on my profile picture! watta porch monkey..
2 weeks long thats all in ga it's almost 3 and a half months and take a total of 12 deer a yr and even in 5 counties around atl. it's open until jan. 31

Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:30 pm
[n00b] Member

Pretty sweet dude. How was the venison? I would like to see some of your larger game actually.

Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:14 pm
[n00b] Member

When you making jerky and sending it out lol lol j/k I live on a floor full of mechanics who hunt, I'm still waiting for them to bring their prizes for the hunts we bet we can fill a red wagon full of it and just have it on call.

Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]