n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Secondary Server 
Game Server Admin

Post Re: Secondary Server
I have a request: Can you please give the server a chance the way it is before you start telling everyone how terrible it is or how to change it? This server hasn't even been live for a week yet, and you guys are already bickering like an old married couple.

The server redirect is something to consider, because it can help populate the server in a real way, which is something I consider to be constructive criticism. Although, manimod may have disabled the redirect function, it looks like if our server has EventScripts something similar can be accomplished via a popup menu in game.

Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:32 pm
[n00b] Member

-Purple- wrote:
I have a request: Can you please give the server a chance the way it is before you start telling everyone how terrible it is or how to change it? This server hasn't even been live for a week yet, and you guys are already bickering like an old married couple.

The server redirect is something to consider, because it can help populate the server in a real way, which is something I consider to be constructive criticism. Although, manimod may have disabled the redirect function, it looks like if our server has EventScripts something similar can be accomplished via a popup menu in game.

Ya I was gonna post the eventscripts info but for some reason the site's not loading for me.

Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:55 am
[n00b] Member

kwang the redirect is awesome, ego has it i think, its great cause you can see how many people are in the other server :D !!

TheBosman wrote:
This is home . Done and done .

Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:07 am
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

Website loads for me now:

http://forums.eventscripts.com/viewtopic.php?f=128&t=40765
http://addons.eventscripts.com/addons/view/popupredirect
http://addons.eventscripts.com/addons/download/popupredirect

Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:55 am
[n00b] Member

I think the biggest problem with these secondary servers is that everyone would like it to be a different server. "I want custom maps, I want league maps, I want shottyfest, ect... The best thing all of you could do is support the server. Keep it populated and maybe in the future changes can be made. The good thing about all the suggestions are they are mostly things that can be done on the fly. Say there are 10 n00bs in the server and everyone decides they want to play a fun map or a league map or everyone wants AWPs unrestricted: this can all be done as long as the server is populated.

POPULATE THE F*CKING SERVER! Once there is a steady flow of traffic then we can talk about adding maps ect.

The redirect script is a great idea Kwang.

Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:06 pm
Game Server Admin

Yes, support. I saw 13 people in the secondary server at one point last night. Keep it growing!

Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:12 pm
Spammer Hopeful

Can you at least reverse the rotation on the secondary one? Right now we can't play any of the good maps on the main because they are all at the end and people rtv by then.

The RTV usually happens around de_piranesi, de_prodigy or de_train and then we never get to see de_inferno, de_tides, cs_port, de_season or de_nuke

Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:56 pm
Profile WWW
[HNIC] Stзamroller ω

I wasn't aware of a working redirect script for source. I'll look into it.

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
-- Hunter S Thompson

Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:40 pm
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

Hey G man is it to much to ask to change up the map cycle alot of times the maps are running Identical to each other Please and thank you

Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:38 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3