n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Anyone Showing Interest in Buying XBONE? 
Forum Newbie

Post Anyone Showing Interest in Buying XBONE?
If so let me dissuade you from doing so. here are some facts about the Xbox One as microsoft has presented them to the world at this point in time. (June 7 2013)

- You are forced to connect to the internet once every 24 hours, if you dont, you will be unable to play games on the system (even singleplayer). in other words, No interet = no need to buy an XBone.

-You are forced to keep the Kinect Vision/Sound sensor brick on at all times. I've been reading and many people are reporting that if you are not infront of your console and seen by the sensor bar, you will be unable to play games. (source below)

Code:
Consumers are presented with a content selection and a choice of licenses allowing consumption of the content. In one embodiment, a license manager on the consuming device or on a content providers system manages license usage and content consumption. The users consuming the content on a display device are monitored so that if the number of user-views licensed is exceeded, remedial action may be taken.
---- http://appft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Pars ... 0120278904 (US Patent & TM website archive)

-The entire used game / game rental market is going to be put to an end with the XBone. If you purchase a game, you will be unable to take it to a friends console to play it, you cannot log into their console to try and play it, you cannot sell the game to this person unless they were on your friends list for 30 days prior to the sale. games can be sold to another party a total of 1 time after original purchase. mom and pop video stores will fail and not succeed with the XboxOne DRM policies.

Now if that didn't wake you up enough let me add one more piece to the puzzle. Many of you likely know about the leak of information surrounding the NSA and prism program. Well lets take a look at who the first company to allow the NSA to collect and store user data was....

Well would you look at that. Let me spell it out for you if you havent put the pieces in place yet.

Microsoft allows NSA through PRISM program to collect and analyze user data in 2007. 2013-14 microsoft will debut an always online, always watching console that is rendered useless if disconnected from internet or Kinect Vison cam. This is beyond creepy to me and I for one will not stand for it. An always online always watching console created from the very brand that first signed the PRISM program. F*CK. That. Shit.

I dont know about you guys but this generation I am not touching anything Xbox with a 10 foot pole. PC & Sony all the way, which is mainly how it seems to be here in n00b which is great, but I just wanted to make sure anyone here planning on getting an XBone was getting themselves into. I thought the 360 was a very good console despite its horrendous hardware failures and such, overall it was a good console, this however is a slap in the face to anyone who considers themselves a gamer. Think with your brains, show microsoft this type of DRM 1984 utopian bullshit is not going to fly with an educated videogame community.

Microsoft has literally made the first video game console that will become 100% obsolete whenever XboxOne servers go offline (however long from now that may be). Just think about that.

Below are some funny but (at the moment) truthful infographics

SONY hasn't released much information yet, but please lets hope they realized microsoft is shooting themselves in the dick with this XBone bullshit.

Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:57 pm
Forum Newbie

Post Re: Anyone Showing Interest in Buying XBONE?
I hate Xbox one and you have all my reasons in this post, i really prefer a good computer that i can improve all the time and steam to buy games with a good price.

Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:44 pm
[n00b] Member

I do and I don't like Microsoft. Defitnetly pointing the gun on themselves doing that to console gamers. Us PC gamers are used to Steam; only one user can use it on other computers but only that account. We do that all the time with every game. Console members obviously don't and really is driving them away; also they won't even put the price down. Sticking to what I always liked.

Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:41 am
n00bfest Asshole

I hate Gaybox, Playstation all the way, but, seriously - if you don't connect to the internet once a day, it's fucked? That's F*CKING gay. So, if you go through a natural disaster and lose power, you might as well just toss it outside in the flooding, or the fires, or whatever.
Microsoft is shooting themselves in the foot with this disaster!

I hope Tom Brady gets anally raped in Hell.

Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:24 pm
Game Server Admin

I hope that enough console players boycott purchasing Xbox one an I'm going to urge all the local retailers to boycott selling the Xbox one due the infringement of rights. Knect is an invasion of privacy and drm is going to ruin the video game industry. I sincerely hope that GameStop does the same.

I fear that it will come to the point where I'll be boycotting windows as well, this would seriously impact the career path I've started down. Fortunately it's not too late to start cross training on the Linux platform. Also it's fortunate that steam and many of the games sold on it have been ported to Linux too!

Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]