n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Why? 
[n00b] Member

Post Why?
Hey all,

I'm new and glad to be here. When I saw this thread I had to ask my questions because I've been debating it for a while. I haven't payed for a subscription yet but I was thinking about it. What is so special about WoW and what would a source player like myself (40 - 80 hours per week normally) like about it? It didn't seem like my kinda game but i hear a lot about it. I have heard an equal amount of flaming and praise, so what say you [n00b]s?

Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:44 am
Supreme Spammer

Post Re: Why?
DONT PLAY WoW!! IT IS GHEY!!!! but if u are looking for a good mmorpg, u need to play Eve Online. it is sooooo amazing!

Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:35 pm
Profile YIM
One-Eyed Elder, Senior Admin

I've played it off and on since Beta. Like any game, it has flaws that literally force you to group with (nerd raging) people if you want to see the high, end game stuff.

Since I'm mainly a solo player, I never got to see any of that stuff.
    Since I didn't get to see that, I don't have the "epic armor" or any of the really powerful things that make you uber awesome in the battlegrounds.
    Since I'm not uber awesome, I die easily.
    Since I die easily, I become one of the previously mentioned nerd ragers.

Other than that, you can literally lose your life to it. You look at the clock once, then later glance back up at the clock and 10 hours have passed by. Currently, I'm not playing, maybe after they release the next expansion...Maybe.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:49 pm
Profile YIM
Game Server Admin

Coach wrote:
I've played it off and on since Beta. Like any game, it has flaws that literally force you to group with (nerd raging) people if you want to see the high, end game stuff.

Since I'm mainly a solo player, I never got to see any of that stuff.
    Since I didn't get to see that, I don't have the "epic armor" or any of the really powerful things that make you uber awesome in the battlegrounds.
    Since I'm not uber awesome, I die easily.
    Since I die easily, I become one of the previously mentioned nerd ragers.

Other than that, you can literally lose your life to it. You look at the clock once, then later glance back up at the clock and 10 hours have passed by. Currently, I'm not playing, maybe after they release the next expansion...Maybe.

Thats actually a really accurate description Coach.
I am really anticipating the launch of cataclysm but i fear that many "may" be disappointed, due to the fact that the game is starting to cater to the casual player.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:59 pm
[n00b] Member

yeah, if your going to play Wow it's probably better that you encounter douchebags because if you don't, you might like the game too much.

everything that Coach said is true, and that's why when most people reach top lvl they start all again with an alternate character and level all over again. The end-game stuff is never ending so I don't know why it's called end game but meh.

The game is designed for team play, but you can totally be a loner too if you want and pug stuff.

pug = pick up group ....people that you would group with for this so called end game content that aren't a part of your guild.

If you do start to play just remember to sleep! I have a level 80 Warlock, Paladin, Hunter, Rogue, and Death Knight... and a level 70 Druid (working on this one)

Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:31 pm
[n00b] Member

damn, thanks for the replies. I'm worried that if I played it, I would get glued to it.... I'm just gonna have to jump in and let u guys shit on me in WoW too lol.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:33 am
Game Server Admin

you pretty much will get addicted. but if your terrible... rage quiting will allow you to have some sort of a life>

Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:50 am
[n00b] Member

I recommend that you play Everquest 2 instead - a more engrossing and mature experience awaits you. Expect to spend a lot more time than in WoW though.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:40 am
[n00b] Member

quit your job, break up with your girlfriend, drop out of school and live in your parents basement till your 40, be a GOD at world of warcraft.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:43 pm
[n00b] Member

Xnr3p wrote:
quit your job, break up with your girlfriend, drop out of school and live in your parents basement till your 40, be a GOD at world of warcraft.

I'm good... but thanks lol... back to source i go... I watched a friend play it and looked at the clock a second later to find out i had been watching him for an hour... yeah that would not be good if i was in the driver seat... I would fall off the grid lol Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_10

Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:57 pm
[n00b] Member

r3xx3r wrote:
DONT PLAY WoW!! IT IS GHEY!!!! but if u are looking for a good mmorpg, u need to play Eve Online. it is sooooo amazing!

^this

Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:52 pm
[n00b] Member

Xnr3p wrote:

sometimes I wish I would have ;P

Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:16 am
[n00b] Member

I'm in 11/12 10 and 25 man hardmode ICC guild and we only raids like 10 hours a week (normally 16 but our guild are bunch of lazy fucks).

Its really great if you can find people to play with. Otherwise, have fun with Gearscore bullshits and elitest jerks(like myself).

Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:07 am
n00bfest Council

been playing since 2 weeks after original release. Raided for a while through blackwing then stopped due to soccer. 40 man raids were so much fun back then. played an enhancement shaman (LOL). Ive been laying low waiting for cata leveling an orc warlock on archimonde. Im playing with 4 of my buddys from high school there. Wow can be very enjoyable if you put the time into which is alot like the others said. Once you get to 80 you can do w/e the F*CK you want. One of the guys im playing with comes on for 2-3 hours at 9pm to do arenas (2500 DK,PaL,WaR) then logs. If you want to level for 2-3 hours a day you can, as well as get a bunch of things done.

cmon with the KOTOR MMO already jesus christ....I want to be sith : (.

Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:20 pm
[n00b] Member

Human Shield wrote:
r3xx3r wrote:

^this

i play wow, eve, and City of Heros/Villans.

of those three:

wow = most popular/frustrating. geared around team play with solo options. nice story for those that actualy pay attention to the lore, and lots of people play. got a problem with account hackers though, and they seem to be out in full force lately. had around 9 people i know have there accounts hacked within a 2 week period. (wouldetn have mentioned that, but they wernt dumbasses with thier information)

eve = more satisfying but takes a long time (not to mention that if you earn enough money in game, you dont have to pay for your subscription...i especialy love that part) awsome space mmo that until i wrote this thread, had no clue any other n00b played. its got a high learning curve though, and you can get overwhelmed if you dont pay attention in the beginning.

CoH/V = least popular but imho, a shit load mroe fun than wow. caters to solo play with team options (not the other way around). and comeon, who diddnt want to make a superhero named Powdered Penis Man or a villan named The Squirts? its been around longer than wow, and the dev team loves doing random events (not prescripted shits like wow). the playerbase isnt what it used to be, but there are still thousands that play. and the best feature in the game: a lvl 1 can group and be productive with a lvl 50 (max) to play end-game content! it would be like a lvl 20 being able to group with 80s for icecrown.

like i said though i dont have a favorite, but wow is fun. although i find that the only reason i play anymore is because the wife gets mad if i dont run her through stuff.

n00bfest presents
BROKEN MUGEN

Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:25 am
Profile YIM
n00bfest Council

I have never been hacked. Lost my gear and shit once but that was because I was selling accounts and a kid got pissed. It was back within a day (might have gotten lucky with reporting it). Other then that I have had no problem with account security. Firefox no script and bookmarked websites are the best way to avoid going to a website like worldofwarcraft.net and nabbing a logger. If you're careful you will have a very low chance to get hacked. Its all up to you. ive gone through 8 accounts with 1 minor problem this way.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:33 am
Not Worthy of [n00b]

I've tried to play WoW a few times but just couldn't get in to it. It gets boring pretty quick I'd say and doesn't have much action in it.

Plus, it's $15 a month!

Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:21 pm
[n00b] Member

Cyning of Scedenig wrote:
Plus, it's $15 a month!

That's 3 trips to Burger King!

Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:24 pm
Game Server Admin

Malicious, you will enjoy the game till you hit the 40's. After that if you don't have a solid group of people to play with the grind will drive you nuts. I got my Hunter to 54 mostly soloing and just couldn't take the slow grind to level. I also don't like how they penalize low levels from grouping with high levels, shit I pay for the F*CKING game so let me get some powerleveling if I can.

cptreynolds@n00bfest.com

Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:56 pm
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

important things to remember
ImageImageImage

Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next