n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 CS:GO server available for n00b use 
[n00b] Member

Post CS:GO server available for n00b use
Until the official n00bfest one is back up, I thought it'd be nice for there to be a CS:GO server n00bs could hang out in, so I set one up.

I figured I'd avoid anything too crazy in the rotation, the goal was basically to create a server that would allow for as close to n00bfest CSS experience in GO as possible until the n00bfest server's back up. If people have suggestions for changes let me know, as long as it's not sitting empty 99% of the time I mainly care that it's fun for n00bs.

IP: 162.208.48.226:27015
Max Players: 20
Stats page: http://162.208.48.226/hlstats.php?game=csgo
FF is on.
Alltalk *should* be on, let me know if it hiccups at any point.

Current map rotation:
dust 2
cbble
italy
office
train
nuke

I've also got some ports of season, mill, and piranesi from the workshop, but they're not in the rotation right now because it wouldn't play nice with loading them through the default map change command. If people are on and want to play them, let me know and I can switch it up.

If I'm not on, you can:
Ping admin with "!saveme"
and if it's not some godawful hour of the night out here in PST-land, I should be around.

"rank" and "top10" (without a "!") in chat will display stats in game.
It's community competitive, each map is best of 16, with the half/team-switch after 8 rounds.
I'll get a motd up in the next couple days with this info so people don't have to refer to this post if they can't remember.

And yes, you can get weapon/chest drops playing on the server.

Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:38 pm
[n00b] Member

Post Re: CS:GO server available for n00b use
Good stuff, might hop on tomorrow.

"OH BABY YOU BOUGHT ME A HALLMARK CARD AND SOME F*CKING ROSES. PLEASE BUST A LOAD IN MY SNATCH AND LET'S MAKE A CRITTER"
"LOL K"
*SPLAT*

-Gman

Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:52 am
n00bfest Council

I like this format for a server, maybe we should consider setting ours up as community competitive when its back up. Or 1 like this and the other casual

Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:35 am
n00bfest Asshole

Surc, you are F*CKIN awesome, buddy! Thank you, as long as the AWP/Auto's are restricted. That's a deal breaker for me... :D

I hope Tom Brady gets anally raped in Hell.

Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:03 am
[n00b] Member

JoeMamma wrote:
Surc, you are F*CKIN awesome, buddy! Thank you, as long as the AWP/Auto's are restricted. That's a deal breaker for me... :D

Whoops, knew I forgot something from source! I'll set up the restrictions now. I might play around with letting there be 1 awp per team, since it isn't as cheesy as it was in source. Definitely no Auto though.

Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:12 pm
n00bfest Asshole

I will give you a reach-around next time, buddy! You're awesome.

I hope Tom Brady gets anally raped in Hell.

Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:48 pm
[n00b] Member

sweet :) ill be hanging around there more often. can you add the old tk system we had before? the slaying, freezing, slapping, that would make it perfect :D

Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:09 am
[n00b] Member

I can look into it, but I think it got disabled shortly after I started playing on n00bfest (Might have been a mani -> source change), so I don't remember exactly how it worked. Was it set up where basically you'd get TKed and get a menu with different punishments for the player? Or was it automatic?

Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:31 am
[n00b] Member

surc wrote:
I can look into it, but I think it got disabled shortly after I started playing on n00bfest (Might have been a mani -> source change), so I don't remember exactly how it worked. Was it set up where basically you'd get TKed and get a menu with different punishments for the player? Or was it automatic?

yea you get a menu to choose from punishments. i think its available on source mod

Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:02 am
[n00b] Member

Yeah that was mani. Damn I'll defitnetly play on the pub tired of playing against stupid randoms in casual and just one deag people like crazy and no warm up for mm. :/

Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:51 pm
[n00b] Member

So, just an update, I've still go this server but it's not set up for cs:go at the moment since it seemed to not be needed.

Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:33 pm
[n00b] Member

I'll eventually have a better computer by the end of the summer. Gj for the initiative, I just hope people will begin to like the idea of going back in a pub and play together again. For now though I can't run cs:go, and can barely run css.

Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]