n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:23 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 subclan tourney 
[n00b] Member

Post Re: subclan tourney
TBQH I would love to see where PSA, DiK, Delta, and fs rate among one another. It gives people fire to keep trying and to be better as a team, and maybe gives other clans a fire to try and become more active and more involved again.

Plus I've looked and you aren't even in a subclan Badguy, so I don't understand why you're trying to throw a big veto wrench in this.

Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:18 pm
n00bfest Council

iceman wrote:
TBQH I would love to see where PSA, DiK, Delta, and fs rate among one another. It gives people fire to keep trying and to be better as a team, and maybe gives other clans a fire to try and become more active and more involved again.

Plus I've looked and you aren't even in a subclan Badguy, so I don't understand why you're trying to throw a big veto wrench in this.

I agree. ♥

Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:40 pm
Profile YIM
fomenta's bitch

dabadguy wrote:
the reason why it wouldn't work is because of the recruitment policies of the sub-clans
in 420, we recruit anyone who is willing to stick around long enough to keep playing, where as other sub-clans they only recruit the top-notch players in n00bfest.
this creates an un-even playing feild, and makes scrims way to uneven.
if other sub-clans would recruit players based on game activity and not skill, it would be more even and make more sense.
also some players take the scrims way to seriously, i swear some of you guys cut yourselfs when your KDR drops a point

Then stay in the pub, no one is forcing you to play this. I swear you bitch more then my girlfriend on her period. I like the idea of a sub-clan tourny maybe it could be a monthly thing to see how much other teams improve. my 2 cents

Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:30 am
Spammer Hopeful

Are people in subclans only n00bfest members or can anyone join a subclan?

Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:27 am
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

no one is forced to play and this is a great idea to get a little life back into sub-clans definitely a great in your face for a few months even if you suck it will still be fun to not be the fat kid left out...

You are a wolf. You are intelligent and wild. Your spirit runs free with the wind and travels in a close knit pack. Family is one of your main duties in life, even though at times you prefer to be alone. You are silent, hardly seen by man but adored by wild life lovers, everywhere. Patience is the key and you aren't afraid to die with honor.
* "The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for". Bob Marley
honestly' =DiK=: lol I really want sound because it looks like the girl growls as she smacks herself in the face with it

Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:34 am
Profile YIM
[n00b] Member

davep wrote:
Are people in subclans only n00bfest members or can anyone join a subclan?

The subclan makes the rules about who can join.

Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:34 am
Spammer Hopeful

Sandman wrote:
dabadguy wrote:
the reason why it wouldn't work is because of the recruitment policies of the sub-clans
in 420, we recruit anyone who is willing to stick around long enough to keep playing, where as other sub-clans they only recruit the top-notch players in n00bfest.
if other sub-clans would recruit players based on game activity and not skill, it would be more even and make more sense.
also some players take the scrims way to seriously, i swear some of you guys cut yourselfs when your KDR drops a point

Then stay in the pub, no one is forcing you to play this. I swear you bitch more then my girlfriend on her period. I like the idea of a sub-clan tourny maybe it could be a monthly thing to see how much other teams improve. my 2 cents

That would be pretty cool. Get like a ranking system going sort of like Fifa. Say 12 teams join the tourney for the first month, the winner gets 12 points, 2nd place gets 11 points and so on. Then the next month only 8 teams are in so the winner only gets 8 points and 2nd place gets 7 points and so on. Could make things pretty interesting and help with bragging rights :P

Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:43 am
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

davep wrote:
Sandman wrote:
dabadguy wrote:

That would be pretty cool. Get like a ranking system going sort of like Fifa. Say 12 teams join the tourney for the first month, the winner gets 12 points, 2nd place gets 11 points and so on. Then the next month only 8 teams are in so the winner only gets 8 points and 2nd place gets 7 points and so on. Could make things pretty interesting and help with bragging rights :P

We could also have a winners and losers bracket, like CPL. That way the best team in the losers bracket plays vs the winner in the final. All other n00bfest tourneys I know of have all been single elimination, which can put a damper on some people who are probably better but just caught a tough break and end up not making it to the finals.

Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:52 am
Spammer Hopeful

Kwang! wrote:
We could also have a winners and losers bracket, like CPL. That way the best team in the losers bracket plays vs the winner in the final. All other n00bfest tourneys I know of have all been single elimination, which can put a damper on some people who are probably better but just caught a tough break and end up not making it to the finals.

Ya double elimination or round robin with the top so many teams going to bracket round is always best, that way people actually get to play more then once.

Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:15 am
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

Enough talking let's get a forum up or somthing to where we can sign up teams and vote on tournament rules :) BRING ON THE PAIN

Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:31 pm
n00bfest Council

wr3ckz wrote:
Enough talking let's get a forum up or somthing to where we can sign up teams and vote on tournament rules :) BRING ON THE PAIN

This would first have to wait for the new servers to be up. :)

Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:38 pm
Profile YIM
[n00b] Member

mossyoak wrote:
wr3ckz wrote:

This would first have to wait for the new servers to be up. :)

Ill have to stop playing Dayz to play in this shit.

Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:27 pm
[n00b] Member

THEY ARE UP!!!! :)

Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:00 pm
[n00b] Member

we gonna do this or what??!

Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:52 pm
[n00b] Member

SOMEONE COOL PICK ME UP AND MAKE ME PLAY WITH THEIR WEINERS.......I MEAN TEAM....I MEAN TEAM WEINERS.....I MEAN I WANNA PLAY

Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:34 pm
n00bfest Council

420 is into it let us know

Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:33 pm
Game Server Admin

rage wrote:
420 is into it let us know

^^

Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:54 am
n00bfest Council

iceman badguy is 420

Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:46 pm
Game Server Admin

Not officially. You might want to fix that if he is though.

icemaN: i was droppin wards like they were turds

Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:36 pm
n00bfest Council

Basically I wouldn't mind running a ladder type like twl.

Rank the teams from 1 to whatever, if you sign up your team first you get the 1 spot but be careful, that puts a target on your back as othe teams can challange any team higher up in the rankings as you.

Challenges have to be accepted in 3 days after the challange is issued, if the challange isn't accepted, that team forfeits and is kicked down one rank and the challenger takes over the challenged's rank

When a team is challenged it is their job to pick 3 times in which their team will be ready, the other team must be ready to play these times or be able to come to an agreement on a good time.

The challenged team have map 1 and map 3 choice while the challenger has map 2 choice. Because the challenger didn't pick the map, they pick side first.

Simple rules I know but if they sound good I wouldn't mind talking to some people that could do some graphics or getting something up with the elders.

Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:03 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next