n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 CS:S server updates + Minecraft brainstorming 
[HNIC] Stзamroller ω

Post CS:S server updates + Minecraft brainstorming
Howdy folks,

I've made a code change to the cash plugin and recompiled it. I believe the change I made should have fixed the 16k glitch, but only time will tell I suppose.

I've also updated the map rotation to:

de_dust2
de_prodigy
de_nuke
cs_office
de_piranesi
de_dust
cs_militia
de_inferno
de_cbble

I know some of you may be disappointed that none of the custom maps are there, but the recent decline in server activity after the custom maps were added led me to believe that we needed to shift gears a bit. Plus, it'll be fun to play prodigy/old-shitty-dust/militia again. The other maps are still available to be changed via vote if someone gets a wild hair up their ass, but let's try to stick to this rotation a bit to see how it pans out.

I also want to start a discussion as to how we can keep the Minecraft server more heavily populated. It seems like Minecraft is pretty cyclical: people play after the server gets reset, reach endgame, and stop playing. It's like a race to the finish and once a few people finish, most people stop playing. This last server lasted a couple months, which is pretty good, but the activity there has died off a bit. What do you guys think we should do? Open the server up to the public (with some grief protection of course), keep it private, have some sort of interesting theme, a new modpack, vanilla, or what?

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
-- Hunter S Thompson

Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:12 pm
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

Post Re: CS:S server updates + Minecraft brainstorming
First, I love the map rotation, those customs were icky. Second, I feel like making the MC server not FTB and just mods like faction would be sweet. I have been on some faction servers that had 30+ people in them at all times, just because of how well the server was set up. I played it for hours and was never bored of just mining and building. It would be cool to try on the server.

"OH BABY YOU BOUGHT ME A HALLMARK CARD AND SOME F*CKING ROSES. PLEASE BUST A LOAD IN MY SNATCH AND LET'S MAKE A CRITTER"
"LOL K"
*SPLAT*

-Gman

Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:09 pm
[n00b] Member

no siege? now that is just bullshit!!

Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:54 pm
[n00b] Member

Iam alittle disappointed by this change. I dont think its fair to say that the css server inactivity was due to the map change. i think i was inactive because the map rotation wasnt implemented well. Most custom maps didnt work on the server and there was this 16k glitch happening. But now with the shitty maps back on rotation i think it will decline even more :/ but time will tell right...

Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:33 am
[HNIC] Stзamroller ω

Fird wrote:
Iam alittle disappointed by this change. I dont think its fair to say that the css server inactivity was due to the map change. i think i was inactive because the map rotation wasnt implemented well. Most custom maps didnt work on the server and there was this 16k glitch happening. But now with the shitty maps back on rotation i think it will decline even more :/ but time will tell right...

Don't be a negative Nancy. They're still there and can get voted on.

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
-- Hunter S Thompson

Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:23 pm
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

fird play the server more and it will not be a problem, what about getting like: iceworld, scoutzknivez, and a awp man like awp2 or something? I think that going back to the original 10 is a good thing a good foundation thanks for changing the rotation gman and for the work

Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:17 pm
[n00b] Member

also we have lost a lot of people to school I think this might bring back some of the old timers

Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:21 pm
[n00b] Member

Do yall have a Minecraft Infamy Server? Its like minecraft, but with guns and ICBMs n shit. Its an FTB, but nothing special at all to install. As well, to get population up, might wanna open it up to the public. As far as CS goes....would be nice when i can look on my server list at least once a week, and see more than two people on at a time. I start seeing bodies back in the server (hopefully the new rotation will help with that), ill start coming back in and F*CKING around more often. (it was never the maps that pushed me away, but more the lack of people playing.)

n00bfest presents
BROKEN MUGEN

Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:16 am
Profile YIM
Game Server Admin

Turkey_Testicles wrote:
I start seeing bodies back in the server, ill start coming back in and F*CKING around more often.

Or do your part and get in and invite a few friends a few nights a week like some of us do. Got it up to 18 last night...and I swear to god, the only time it stays populated is on D2...

It even died when I changed it to office right after...that's a sign

Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:54 am
[n00b] Member

I'm also a little bit sad about the change, but as long as admins are down for the occasional venture into those maps, I don't think it's a bad move for server population. If we have a solid amount of people in there all enjoying themselves, an admin switching the map probably won't make them leave as much as "well, maps done, oop, have to download some random map in their rotation now!" would.

Also, seconding Mindless on the just get in there and start inviting people. I started as the only person in the GO server yesterday, and just by inviting a bunch of people and getting Fuzzy to accept, it started a chain of people coming in. Never underestimate the power of even just 2 people in a server instead of 1.

Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]