n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 CS:S Map Rotation Updated 
Retired n00bfest O.G.

Post Re: CS:S Map Rotation Updated
Well you MISSED OUT THEN DIDN'T YOU!?

Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:01 am
[n00b] Member

1) Ass, I don't even use my FaceBook. Might be the one thing I want to actually do with it for the time being.
2) Tides? Port?... Why?
3) While I might not be a fan of some of the changes in the maps, change can be a good thing, so we shall see how this goes. =)
4) I must prepare for more lag maps... like Port.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:18 am
[n00b] Member

Here is something that occurred last night: The server automatically went to Kismayo. We played for about 5 minutes. RTV happened by this time. 79% of the server voted for Mill...in less than 4 seconds. Once voted upon, the map went to Mill 5 seconds later. 2 minutes later, we had 4 more people in the server than we did when we were on Kismayo.

I love Kismayo, but only because it has awps. I love vertigo, but that map is killing the server too. I went on, me and Dallas cleared the server with 1-deags, he got accused of h4x again, I lol'd and kept 1-deaging ppl without being called out. 9 minutes into the map (sooner, actually), the RTV went through. Server went to cs_office. I hate cs_office.

I guess we can't always get what we want, can we?

Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:25 pm
[n00b] Member

Sweet Pea wrote:
The rotation changes were based on a thread that was open to the public for voting for two weeks. Those were the maps with the highest votes. I promoted that thread in the server, off the server, as well as made an announcement for it on the front page of n00bfest. (that thread is no longer there, however as I deleted it once the thread was locked) My question is why didn't anyone participate in that vote if they really wanted a certain map on the rotation? There was more than enough time to voice your opinion.

People are impulsive and stupid. This vote shouldnt have happened. Rotation sucks, empty server after 1am unless admin is on skipping the new maps.
Or maybe just add the one map with the highest votes?

RTV is pretty unnecessary too.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:54 pm
[HNIC] Stзamroller ω

Nothing is killing the server.

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/ ... .50:27015/

Look at the usage trend (weekly) on the right side. It looks pretty normal to me.

Now will you faggots quit whining?

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
-- Hunter S Thompson

Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:23 pm
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

Gman wrote:
Now will you faggots quit whining?

^ Mmyes.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:48 pm
Forum Newbie

Just because I dont like the rotation ive still been playing on noobfest, think a lot of people have been playing and complaining about it. I was there with kwang when the new map was rtv'd super quick and changed to mill.

I just feel that the maps voted on in the vote are not all the most popular and favorite maps. Keep in mind that by being on the rotation they are going to be the most played maps on the server. Therefore you'd expect the most successful strategy be to the most beloved maps in the rotation while keeping less popular custom maps, classics, and novelty maps available by nominating them for rtv or mani admin votes / map changes. I just feel the rotation could use a couple more tweaks to be perfect.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2