n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 CS:S Map Rotation Updated 
[HNIC] Stзamroller ω

Post CS:S Map Rotation Updated
You guys asked for it, so we're delivering... albeit slowly.

I've updated the map rotation. "Like" us on facebook to get the full details: http://www.facebook.com/pages/n00bfest/120013318039466

That's right; you have to like us on facebook to get the full info. I'm an asshole like that.

P.S. thank you Sweet Pea for helping gather the stats on the maps people wanted to see.

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
-- Hunter S Thompson

Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:14 pm
Profile WWW
Game Server Admin

Post Re: CS:S Map Rotation Updated
Yay! Kismayo made there :). Are AWPs and auto-snipers allowed for that map or do I need to start need AAWWWWPPPPs thread in the Open Floor?

Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:18 pm
Profile WWW
[HNIC] Stзamroller ω

I've attempted to allow them; we'll see if it works.

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
-- Hunter S Thompson

Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:22 pm
Profile WWW
Game Server Admin

Cpt. Carrot wrote:
Yay! Kismayo made there :). Are AWPs and auto-snipers allowed for that map or do I need to start need AAWWWWPPPPs thread in the Open Floor?

Suggested allowing 1 per team a couple months ago, pretty much got shot down.

More maps needed to be removed IMO, but nice to see a change.

Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:30 pm
[n00b] Member

Very happy with the selection

Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:18 pm
Not Worthy of [n00b]

Hell yeah! Vegas, Port, Kismayo, and Winter dust!

Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:35 pm
[HNIC] Stзamroller ω

Next topic up for discussion: maps to delete. Not in this thread, though.

-- Hunter S Thompson

Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:53 pm
Profile WWW
Game Server Admin

good Stuff

Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:20 pm
[n00b] Member

nice good selection
minus de_vertigo lol

Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:59 am
[n00b] Member

yay for Facebook

Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:31 am
Game Server Admin

Port made a comeback, I hope it doesn't lag like it did before because it's a good map.

cptreynolds@n00bfest.com

Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:18 am
Profile WWW
Game Server Admin

perfect.

Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:26 pm
Forum Newbie

WTF!!!?!?!?! not a fan of the new rotation at all.

Why would you remove mill? That is one of the most even and popular maps in the game.

cs_kismayo, cs_militia, and de_tides have been around in source for a long time and from my experience kill servers. In general hostage maps are all more t-sided while bomb maps are more even. I can tell you right now I'm gunna leave when ever these maps come up because I don't enjoy playing them. Also not a big fan of the de_vegas_css and de_vertigo. I've been playing on n00bfest a lot recently because there were only 2 maps on the rotation I really hated, de_prodigy and de_chateau. Prodigy is just insanely ct sided because it limits terrorists to two 2 possible routes, and Chateau is just a shitty F*CKING map.

But with the addition of these maps I'm coming across a lot more maps that I don't feel like wasting my time on. Why do you think these maps never made it into competitive leagues? Because while they may look cool they were not strategically made for even game play. There are to many gay ass camping spots that ruin the simplicity of counter strike; which is the reason CS is waaayyy better then Call of Duty and Battlefield. Especially in kismayo, that map makes me want to kill my baby.

Some maps I'd suggest putting into the rotation...
de_contra, de_cpl_strike, de_russka, de_scorch, de_inferno_pro, de_tuscan, de_losttemple and of course de_cpl_mill. In the past many of these maps have not been an option because they do not have enough spawn points, but I believe in most cases you can find newer versions designed for pubs with more spawn points.

n00bs... please don't make me play on the Canadian Servers!@!21121!! I'm tired of listening to those fucks talk about beating seals with hockey sticks in french... eh?

Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:09 pm
[n00b] Member

change is nice (not like obama change) but its good to change things up a bit... eh, amerijuanican dreams simma a down a now, a simma down now.

Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:37 pm
[n00b] Member

Amerijuanican Dreams wrote:
n00bs... please don't make me play on the Canadian Servers!@!21121!! I'm tired of listening to those fucks talk about beating seals with hockey sticks in french... eh?

Hey F*CK you eh.

Also, seconded as I don't much understand the tides choice. I believe it's underplayed for a damn good reason. :O

Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:21 pm
[n00b] Member

First of all, there are people here who put hard work into taking care of this server and they don't need you being so rude them. Second, we, as n00bfest, have made a choice to make this server better and to make this server get bigger and to do that we made it so more people would come to our server. Last of all, if you don't like what we are doing here then YOU CAN LEAVE. We definitely don't need you here to be such a jerk about, yes you may give your input, but don't be rude about it.

so to all you who are rude,

GOOD DAY

Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:34 pm
Forum Newbie

Well shit... I'm sorry if I offended anyone I really didn't mean for anything to be taken personally. I only meant to bash certain maps, not any individuals.

Understand that despite my being an asshole, I really do care about the n00bfest server. I appreciate all the time and effort yall put into this community and your servers. In recent years especially, its become harder and harder to keep a source clan alive and a server full. I'm impressed with n00bfest's success.

Ya clearly I'm not a fan of the rotation changes, and I know that I could play on other servers, but do I really want to? I've come to enjoy playing with a lot of you, and truth is I don't want to leave. I was only trying to explain why I dislike certain maps as opposed to others in hope of change. I tend make some brash and outrageous statements at times... I'm not really raging as much as I make it appear lol.

p.s. I F*CKING love Canada... wished I lived there instead of the US honestly. I only make rude stereotypes because they make me giggle inside

Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:17 pm
[n00b] Member

Its not just you. There are other people as well. But thanks.

FYI to anyone, if want to put your input, you are welcome to put it in te open floor section of the forums. Just be nice about it :D

Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:20 pm
n00bfest Elder, Senior Admin

The rotation changes were based on a thread that was open to the public for voting for two weeks. Those were the maps with the highest votes. I promoted that thread in the server, off the server, as well as made an announcement for it on the front page of n00bfest. (that thread is no longer there, however as I deleted it once the thread was locked) My question is why didn't anyone participate in that vote if they really wanted a certain map on the rotation? There was more than enough time to voice your opinion.

Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:01 pm
Forum Newbie

Oh I see... its to bad I hadn't logged in weeks ago to campaign for the maps I like. I hadn't known about it seeing as I don't get on the website/forums all that often. I didn't notice this thread till I logged on after playing on the new rotation and rage quitting lol

I feel that much like the United States Presidential election in 2000, hanging, dimpled, and pregnant chads have caused a misrepresentation of n00bfest's population. Increased bitching and vote rocking on the pub shows the communities dissatisfaction with the results of the recent vote. In order for justice to be served, there must be a re-vote!

Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next