n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Changes coming 
[HNIC] Stзamroller ω

Post Changes coming
So, here's a preview for the changes that are coming. This is going to be rather quick-and-dirty with the nitty-gritty details to follow.

n00bfest needs to branch out into new games. We've done this "unofficially" for a long time, but this time we're making it official. We'll be putting into place "Staff" for each individual game we're branched out in. We're starting with the games that are most popular (see the Gaming forums for the specifics) and are going to focus on a few of those. With BF3's release on the horizon, we hope to have all of this infrastructure in place by the time it drops on Tuesday.

Basically, the "Staff" of each game will be tasked with the same duties as the Council has for CS now; they'll police those sub-forums and will be responsible for n00b membership for those groups. That means that someone can play Battlefield with us, come to the forum, register/apply, and become a n00b through the Battlefield branch. n00bs who become a member of any branch are members of the community as a whole -- there won't be a different application process if that person wants to play CS and tag up with us in that game too. The current n00b membership criteria (waiting period, activity levels, etc) will be enforced across all branches.

To start, most of the "Staff" (starting with anywhere from 1-3 people) will be Elders/Ancients and will grow as needed to fit the needs of any given branch.

Questions/Comments/Concerns?

Thanks,
G

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
-- Hunter S Thompson

Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:13 am
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

Post Re: Changes coming
That sounds great to me. It sounds like a great idea too, because that means that n00bfest will grow which will the community become even awesomer! I can't for n00bfest to achieve a great amount of active people. Also having to n00bfest branch out is awesome to see.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:20 am
n00bfest Elder, Senior Admin

Woohoo!! Can't wait for it to be all done. :)

Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:26 am
[n00b] Member

Soo...where can I apply to be part of the BF3 staffs ;p

Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:53 am
[n00b] Member

Dieus wrote:
Soo...where can I apply to be part of the BF3 staffs ;p

my thoughts exactly
ps looking forward to this bf3 goodness

n00bfest Tournament #6 - part of winning team 3

Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:00 am
[n00b] Member

I will be awaiting the outcome with an optimistic head.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:48 am
[n00b] Member

Can I be head of the WOW branch?

Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:26 am
[n00b] Member

Looking forward to this!

Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:12 am
[n00b] Member

can I call dibs on general forum moderator? cause I mean lets face it, I spend way to much time on these forums anyway...

Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:38 am
Spammer Hopeful

So there will be a branch for Diablo 3/Star wars MMO as well? Sweet!

Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:15 am
[n00b] Member

This sounds pretty good. It'll be nice being able to pick up a new game and playing with folks you already know.

As long as you guys handle the influx of new people as well as you've shown you can, it'll be great.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:22 am

I really don't think that they are going to take applications for anything at this time, y'all. "To start, most of the "Staff" (starting with anywhere from 1-3 people) will be Elders/Ancients and will grow as needed to fit the needs of any given branch."

They've been working really hard on completing this for everyone. Don't take up their tech time asking stupid questions like that and bugging them about it. Let them get this shit done, and they will let you know when they are ready to take applications for the individual branches.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 am
[HNIC] Stзamroller ω

Falcon wrote:
can I call dibs on general forum moderator? cause I mean lets face it, I spend way to much time on these forums anyway...

Currently, to be a "general" forum moderator, you need to be on the n00bfest Coucil (which will be renamed the "Counter-Strike: Source Council" shortly)

Sweet Pea wrote:
I really don't think that they are going to take applications for anything at this time, y'all. "To start, most of the "Staff" (starting with anywhere from 1-3 people) will be Elders/Ancients and will grow as needed to fit the needs of any given branch."

They've been working really hard on completing this for everyone. Don't take up their tech time asking stupid questions like that and bugging them about it. Let them get this shit done, and they will let you know when they are ready to take applications for the individual branches.

I wouldn't have worded it as harshly, but yeah -- "staff" positions will be invite-only. Be active and contribute to the growth of the branch and your chances of being on staff increase drastically.

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
-- Hunter S Thompson

Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:41 am
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

.:SenSui:. wrote:

I don't speak for Gman or the plan, but if n00bfest members play those games in good enough number I would think there would be. One of the goals is to take the counter strike model to different games to grow the community and bring in quality people who might not play one game over another.

Player [[n00b] Reborn''] [STEAM_0:1:456925]
Time 02/21/2010 @ 17:17:03

Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:46 am
[HNIC] Stзamroller ω

dirkdeagler wrote:
.:SenSui:. wrote:

I don't speak for Gman or the plan, but if n00bfest members play those games in good enough number I would think there would be. One of the goals is to take the counter strike model to different games to grow the community and bring in quality people who might not play one game over another.

Yeah, I haven't talked to acid or American Soldier about it yet, but I think (hope) they're going to lead the Diablo and SWTOR branches respectively.

-- Hunter S Thompson

Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:51 am
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

Sweet Pea wrote:

such strong language... and strait to calling ppls post stupid? I am well aware of the effort that goes into these changes, I wasnt being serious.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:08 am
Granny Scammer

I recommend spyda, sandman, and/or fomenta for the League of Legends branch. I say them cause they play most and are already elders (at least I think spyda is). I wouldnt mind being in charge of LOL either since I probably play more than anyone on here.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:11 am

I really wasn't trying to be harsh, and I sincerely apologize if I came across as such. I certainly wasn't directing that AT someone. I just know that it sucks to be bombarded with "CAN I HAVE ADMIN!?!?!!" when they are really just trying to get everything completed in a timely manner. And I didn't want this entire thread to be filled with that kind of stuff when they are really looking for feedback. Again, I'm sorry.

Edit: I also posted that right when I woke up. And found out my roommate used the last of my coffee and I had to settle for his shitty coffee. Left less than a teaspoon of my creamer in the bottle, left it open, and I found bugs in it. I need coffee to function in the morning sometimes and today was one of those days. That really put me in a shitty mood.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:57 am
[n00b] Member

ewwwwwwwww gross, bug coffee

does anyone have any suggestions as far as structure & process? (the what & how) for instance, think about how the counter-strike "branch" works. with admin promotion/demotion, council, recruits, applications, waiting periods, voting, etc. Does that all work how you'd like, or would you change something up?

the "who" is pretty much covered for now.

Player [[n00b] Reborn''] [STEAM_0:1:456925]
Time 02/21/2010 @ 17:17:03

Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:11 pm
[n00b] Member

This may already be on the table but...

I remember last time we had a BF/COD server and were recruiting n00bs specifically for that game, some of the CS n00bs got a little territorial when new n00b members started showing up and they had no idea who they were. Maybe a way to differentiate cs n00bs from the other games so nobody gets a sandy vagina when a n00b member they don't know starts posting all over the forums.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next