n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Changes coming 
Game Server Admin

Post Re: Changes coming
this makes me one excited purple dildo

Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:02 pm
Not Worthy of [n00b]

Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:02 am
[n00b] Member

Minecrafts for Dead Mans? Just sayin...

Anyway, I think this is an interesting idea, and I'm curious to see how things turn out once this gets put more into motion. Segregation will happen to some extent no matter what, but that doesn't exactly mean we can't all just touch each other's butts with our butts, right? Putting a little more positive enforcement on getting people to post in the forums with legit discussions and what have you will get everyone learning who everyone else is. (I need to work on that... ">_>). Regardless though, n00bfest can be the great community it always has been, and grow to be an even better one.

Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:14 am
n00bfest Council

Sweet Pea wrote:
Woohoo!! Can't wait for it to be all done. :)

^^ Yay :)

Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:08 am
Profile YIM
Not Worthy of [n00b]

Heres my 2 cents.

Keep the [n00b] tag - no css tag added or anything like that

Branching out is a great idea, mainly because CounterStrike as sad as it is to admit this, is an old and all but dead game nowadays. Sure we still have alot of regulars and such, but with Bf3 and COD games, CSS and even CS:GO probably wont be popular much longer. Games are changing and gamers are changing.

All fine with the current rules of letting other n00bs into n00bfest.
My only real advice (might sound like a complaint not meaning to) is to make sure these new people understand what is acceptable and what is not acceptable to post on the forrums. We get these guys or kids in here who post things that are either utterly retarded and nobody wants to read or reply to, or the post makes virtually no sense at all. I read a few posts the other day and was having a hard time trying to figure out what the forrum was even for. Things like that should be addressed with the new guys. Making sure the posts get to the right forrums is also criticall. Things like posting pub-style stories in the CSS forrums gets old.

With that said, I'm looking forward to all the hard work and changes being made.

Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:39 am
[n00b] Member

Gman wrote:
Montreal wrote:
I really think this is a move in the right direction as far as n00bfest expansion. What do you guys think about having a slightly different tag for each subdivision of n00bs? Something like [n00b.CS], [n00b.LoL] etc. that way if people from, say, League of Legends decide to play CS we actually know where the hell they are coming from. It's just an idea, but on the other hand I can see how this could perhaps worsen the segregation issue among members. What do you all think?

That kind of segregation is exactly the opposite of what one would expect to find in a "community" atmosphere.

I agree with you Gman. You bring up a good point in that anyone keeping up with the forums on a regular basis will know who is who regardless of what division (if we can call it that) of n00bfest they come from. I'm looking forward to this, I'm sure it will make the community even better and bring in a more diverse crowd. Everyone just needs to play nice.

Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3