n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 it is time... 
[HNIC] Stзamroller ω

Post Re: it is time...
dirkdeagler wrote:
I cannot believe how horribly they messed up the basics. Why not make it a 2-part launch-and-play system like steam? Why in the world make a browser piece in addition to the client piece and the game piece.

Why the F*CK can't I access a menu from the death screen?

Why the F*CK can't I use my mouse to access a menu (keyboard input is fucked)?

I'm almost burned out trying to get the thing going, let alone playable/having fun.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_t ... ta_testing

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
-- Hunter S Thompson

Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:04 pm
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

SHUT IT

also this is more "early preview" than beta testing. their bug report forums are full of bullshit that they'll never actually look at

Player [[n00b] Reborn''] [STEAM_0:1:456925]
Time 02/21/2010 @ 17:17:03

Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:05 pm
[n00b] Member

Must finally reformat PC so I can get this..... FUARK!

Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:19 pm
Game Server Admin

dirkdeagler wrote:
I cannot believe how horribly they messed up the basics. Why not make it a 2-part launch-and-play system like steam? Why in the world make a browser piece in addition to the client piece and the game piece.

I'm almost burned out trying to get the thing going, let alone playable/having fun.

Same thing here. Gonna probably wait on this game till mid/late november

Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:00 pm
[n00b] Member

I wish I could play it but I always get an error. FML

Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:11 pm
n00bfest Elder, Senior Admin

It may be your antivirus. Ask Strange about it. He had the same problem.

Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:29 pm
[n00b] Member

Gman wrote:
dirkdeagler wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_t ... ta_testing

This.

Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:11 am
Raging Knight

I will not be getting this game because of a.) all of the bullshit Dirk listed and b.) because the stupid F*CKING devs. insist on implementing the same clunky controls and feel and STILL insist on bullets taking 5 - 10 shots to kill someone. Oh, and that test map is so U.S. sided its not even funny.

Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:33 am
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

Post Re: Re: it is time...
Omega wrote:
I will not be getting this game because of a.) all of the bullshit Dirk listed and b.) because the stupid F*CKING devs. insist on implementing the same clunky controls and feel and STILL insist on bullets taking 5 - 10 shots to kill someone. Oh, and that test map is so U.S. sided its not even funny.

The level of ignorance exhibited in this thread is astounding. You played it for twenty minutes. You probably haven't unlocked a single good gun yet. There's a single map because it's beta, and it's a rush map. It's defender sided. Just like it's supposed to be.

You're making assumptions about a game before is even fully out. They haven't even released the ability to use your mouse to control actions and you're complaining.

This is why I hate open betas. They give access to people who don't understand the concept of betas, a. And b, to people who don't understand the concept of the game itself. It ruins it for the people who are actually testing it. Crawling up a bush for twenty minutes to the wrong site to try to flank is not the point of the game. Neither is trying to treat it like source, which is what I have a feeling you do.

Why don't you play with us? Das and I rarely lose and we've unlocked plenty of good guns so far, I can use the svd and sv98 and get one shot kills easily, so I assume your complaining is because you're either bad at a beta, or you have no guns that you like yet. One of these is fixed over time and the other requires experience and skill at the game. There's a steep learning curve to this game, and you're a sissy for giving up so early.

And to dirk and you, actually. The battle log is supposed to be only for the people who pre ordered. It's a Facebook application for those people who are intense enough to have pre ordered. You are going to have the option to either keep it or use origin just like steam. It's gimmicky as F*CK right now because it's a God damn beta. Do you even know what that word means? It's like you assume it's a demo of the full game. Demo != beta.

But if you already feel so strongly about it, good for you. Stick with broken ass source. I can tell you one thing for sure. Bf3 in beta has fewer bugs than source and source has been out for like 7 years.

Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:17 am
Raging Knight

First of all, hooker, chill. Take a taste of your own "chill out bro" medicine and chill. Blood pressure is high. I'm always annoyed and you call me out on it, and you're always annoyed and viciously/poisonously nasty to people yet you dare tell people to stop raging or to calm down. Why does it always have to be that someone complaining about legitimate issues just sucks to you and is a sissy? Do you talk like this to people in the real world? You're really friggin' obnoxious, Hooker, and you make no bones about it. So ELE: er'body love er'body.

Secondly, I've played it for longer that 20 minutes. I put a solid few hours into it. I've unlocked one or two guns so far. And the map is not defender sided at all, its attacker sided. U.S. is the attacking side. I've played it enough to know that the problems that are in Bad Company 2 are present in the "beta" of BF3. It quite literally takes 5-10 shots with an assault RIFLE in order to kill someone, just like in their previous games. Thats obviously something they don't plan on taking out of the game. The gameplay mechanics are sluggish and clunky, and I never feel like I have complete control when I get into fights. I don't expect this game to be like source, but I sure as hell expected it to be more reactive and easier to kill people than in Bad Company 2.

And like dirk said, this is more of a pre-release... I bet you the real game will be extraordinarily similar to the "beta." I will quite happily play with you and Das, though, because I REALLY WANT to like this game because I've been looking forward to it. So lets game whenever you play next.

Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:10 am
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

Generally, no. I try not to be vicious, but sometimes I can't help myself. Sometimes I really just have to let go of societal norms and really tell people what someone really thinks. I think political correctness is bullshit, so yes. I can be incredibly offensive at times, and I'm sorry that I am but I feel like I have no other way of breaking through to people by giving "nice" answers. I'm more likely to be noticed the more of a dick I am about my points. I also argue with the idea that I'm right, screw conceding points to people, it makes me seem like I'm seething with confidence. I guess I am in a sense, but hey. I got through to you. Didn't I?

Now that I've got your attention, I'm going to give some gun/setup tips so that you don't get jewed left and right while playing:
~Always use a suppressed pistol as your secondary. Always.

~My favorite setup by far is the f2000, with a red dot, and a foregrip and no third attachment. I use this with either squad ammo or suppression.

~After that the best setup would be something with the UMP-45 and a foregrip, that gun is a god damn monster. It can 1 shot like nobody's business, use either sprint, sqd ammo, or suppression. Depending on how much you die, I would recommend just always using ammo so you don't have to fiddle around with someone else's gun. Shit like that will get you killed.

~As a sniper, your choice with the SVD or the SV98, imo. Pick your favorite scope, use it with a foregrip and nothing else. You'll be 1-2 shotting people. Use this definitely with ammo. It sucks running out of ammo as a sniper.

~As assault, the best weapon choice to start is the m416, you can set it using 'v' to burst fire and then just steamroll the living F*CK out of people. Use either heavy barrel or nothing, foregrip and your favorite scope. Ammo is good here cause you're bursting.

Now some tips for general gameplay (especially on the rush map):
~As defender always push up. There's a significant advantage to not being in the sites. It means you can fall back and get to them. It also means that you're not running into people to get to the site if they sneak around you. My two favorite spots are by the large circle between A and B on the outside, there's a line of blocks. You have a perfect view of just about everything and you can dive into the bushes to get away from people. Set up a mobile spawn point here and get to it. My other favorite spot is the rock further up from A. it's got headlevel cover and you can either watch left or right, depending on who you've got behind you I would recommend watching left and let the dude sniping from A to cover your flank.

~Also, as defender mobile spawn points should be your best friend. Go sniper for your first death and set one up whereever you think you'd want to spawn during the round. It will stay there even when you switch classes. So glorious.

~By far the best camping spot though is the slender long hallway on the right side leading to tunnels. Go support right before the site gets blown up and hang out by there, then when it gets blown to shit run down there, prone the F*CK out of yourself and be ready to eat AFRICAN AMERICANS alive when they jump down.

~As rusher, always try to plant at the same time as the other site is being planted. It causes mass confusion among the defenders and they get torn apart trying to split effectively.

~For general tips, prone will be your best friend. Lets say you're trying to advance up a hallway or hold a hallway, if you kill someone prone next to them, so that the enemy thinks you're a corpse. Then light them the F*CK up, more corpses, more cover. And unlike source, there is no peeker's advantage. When they run around that corner, you're going to see them first, and you're going to destroy their faces first. Then they'll rage and keep coming back for more.

~ Never, ever, ever use something that can give your position away, Taclites and the Red thinger don't contribute much in the way of accuracy, and they definitely don't help the not getting shot at factor.

EDIT: And to clorox/dirk/omega/any other haters I'd be happy to play rounds with you. I can try to give some bf wisdom as we play, and hopefully improve your gaming experience, because this is a fantastic game. It's a pain in the ass to get started with, but I'm rank 35 or something and I F*CKING love every minute of it. You have to be willing to get in and play around with different setups, and get used to a different style of play -- at least for rush. Conquest is a whole other monster.

This game punishes stubbornness. You need to try new things if something isn't working for you.

Also:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/ba ... 349315456/

Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:36 am
[n00b] Member

um did you read m y post? i cant get the F*CKING game to run.

this is not a beta. they call it one but it's not actually one. this is a stress test for them. and for us, it's a preview.

those of you who think this is a beta are stupid.

that's all.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:14 am
[n00b] Member

I was under the impression that you could get it to run, because you said things about dying.

I was also under the impression that you were upset about battlelog, which is the internet client you were talking about. They haven't implemented the ability to adjust keyboard settings, and you have to wait until you stop watching the person who killed you to access the menu. None of these are earth shattering bugs that should ruin a game for you, if they're even bugs anyway. They seem like they're there on purpose. I don't mind having to wait to choose my kit, yeah, it's annoying but why does that effect my gameplay? Because I have to wait an extra three seconds to switch guns and things? I'm sure when the game actually comes out you'll be able to set the spawn time, just like in BC2, and in that case you'll have instant access to your kits after dying. It just seems like you're condemning a game while it is actually in beta. Not all of these features you want are there, but will most likely be there in the actual game. Why would they worry about making the game glossy for a beta? They want to make sure they have the gameplay right, worry about the additionals later.

And as to not fixing bugs:
~ They fixed the clipping.
~ They fixed the ultra jump through craters.
~ They fixed 75%-95% of the glitched character models.

They're working as fast as they can to adjust bugs. And as I've been saying, it will be a two-part join game like steam is. You will have the OPTION of using battlelog. It's not required. They used it for the beta because it was probably easier than trying to use Origin.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:42 am
[n00b] Member

Also as a not so good player because I have down syndrome that the game is as fun as F*CK even if you're not getting that 1.0 or even in my books a .5.

shit is boss.

Also if you decide you're going to play support, drop F*CKING Ammo, I go through rockets like a AFRICAN AMERICAN does watermelon F*CKING love the rocket effects and the boom.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:17 pm
[n00b] Member

hooker, you act like this game is your baby. it's not so drop the defense. the game sucks for me in what they call is a beta but is actually an early preview/stress test. it is. the only person who was actually in the beta might have been acid, or other n00bs who were under some sort of NDA and couldnt talk about it. in a beta, bugs are submitted, tracked, and categorized. they're then dealt with, closed, and re-tested in a methodology. this is absolutely not a true beta, trust me. the "bug report forums" are nothing like the actual bug tracking that true beta testers use. i'm right, you're wrong, i have killed your baby.

i could get into the game but it was unplayable. I sli'd my cards and modded the resolution, which then made it constantly crash down into window'd mode which somehow deactivated my keyboard. without a mouse menu i had no method to change resolution or other settings to get back to default.

this early preview release is unplayable for me and i would assume others, a good part of which is caused by poor UI design (can't reset back to default without maybe a complete re-install?) i haven't found the magic settings to make it playable and until i take the time to reinstall won't be able to attempt it again.

i really want this game to work for me. gman got me hooked on bc2, it's a great game that i've fallen in love with. i assume this one will be too. i'm just really disappointed in it right meow.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:55 pm
n00bfest Elder, Senior Admin

Sigh. Womernz and their new KitchenAid's. Everyone has a different opinion. They are entitled to said opinion. Seriously, quit the bitch fest.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:00 pm
[n00b] Member

he and i enjoy it, it was getting too quiet in here :)

Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:05 pm
[n00b] Member

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crowdsourcing

Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:06 pm
[HNIC] Stзamroller ω

Hooker wrote:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crowdsourcing

you got wikipedia'd, dirkbitch

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
-- Hunter S Thompson

Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:49 pm
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

Brint: Or the way Hansel combs his hair?
Meekus: Or like, doesn't, it's like, ex-squeeze me, but have you ever heard of styling gel?
Brint: I'm sure Hansel's heard of styling gel, he's a male model.
Meekus: Uh, earth to Brint, I was making a joke.
Brint: Uh, Earth to Meekus, duh, okay I knew that!
Meekus: Uh earth to Brint, I'm not so sure you did cuz you were all 'well I'm sure he's heard of styling gel' like you *didn't* know it was a joke!
Brint: I knew it was a joke Meekus, I just didn't get it right away!
Meekus: Earth to Brint...

...except for that my joke was a valid point, and you guys are being the dim myopic male models of this debate :)

Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next