n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:11 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Winners of the Tournament! 
Not Worthy of [n00b]

Post Re: Winners of the Tournament!
SEIJIsaurusREX wrote:
dabadguy wrote:
I think rules regarding any sort of overtime should be discussed BEFORE the match not during.
Also last match needs review , team was throwing nades from blind spots and knew my position ( wich was diff every round) wasnt moving to be put on radar : /

If everything checks out Ok, I will accept the outcome, untill then I stand firm on my convictions.

That is some ill attitude, I told you during the match that you will not win this game running on thoughts like that. Take it from someone who's been in the CS competitive scene for over 5 years, and conversing with "Pros" over the time, that is a attitude that leads to losses. And you're really that convinced that people are out to cheat during this tournament, let alone higher up n00bs who've helped mold this community over time?? You lost my respect.
m3L1sS4 wrote:
dabadguy wrote:
I think rules regarding any sort of overtime should be discussed BEFORE the match not during.
Also last match needs review , team was throwing nades from blind spots and knew my position ( wich was diff every round) wasnt moving to be put on radar : /

If everything checks out Ok, I will accept the outcome, untill then I stand firm on my convictions.

If demos were involved you could call those out. But theres no way to prove that because no demos were inforced for exchanging. XAC only shows radar and walling,. Not aimbot, multiventing, ghosting, norecoil or anything else.

They say that ghosting has never been an issue before. How can you prove it? Theres no way. What was the delay on the HLTV for broadcasting and viewing? 30 seconds is not enough time to prevent that. Some people are saying there was no delay. Was it a round like a professional length of time would be?

Although I will say that team 3 was ridiculously stacked compared to every other team and it changed without notice which I addressed prior to this even starting with Dirk. Thats not sore feeling over losing. Psychostats were involved in placing Natural in Emops place. Why wasn't this taken into account for team 3 compared to other teams?

That's not downing team 3s win because they are all wonderful players and cool as shit. Everyone looked at it and knew what the outcome would be. Wheres the fun in that? That's downing the fact that we were misled to believe things would be fair.

I drank and had fun. All you can say is GG and take it in stride. I know I didn't play to the best of my ability today. So I'm not butthurt for my team losing. They're all cool as shit. Lose or win it is what it is.

Reg or whatever else you may say will not change the fact its over and done with.

Great game to everyone that played.

Team stacking, really?? As grown adults, I want you to take the moment and just think about the level of contribution you're giving here. We've had the teams modified over several times, with input and advice from many members who've played here for a while and know the players as is. For you, and even other n00bs to sit there, and cry that teams were stacked for Team 3 in comparison to other teams bothers me a little. I mentioned this in the vent and I'll say it again:

I was paired up with 4 other players which I have NEVER played with, conversed with and hell, I didn't even know they were part of n00bfest. Judging from initial first few rounds, I'll be honest, I didn't think we'd go far with other teams at my disposal. I didn't sit there and complain in my head "What the hell are these idiots doing." I set the tone and tempo, and became a role model, teaching them diverse tactics and mindsets as to how to play and act as a team. I didn't even have half as much time as you all to sit down and pep talk my teammates about strats, because I was helping acid and Iceman make the stream interesting. As a result, we won our first game with a great turn around. We steam rolled our second game, and we forced our Finals into Overtime. I had friends of mine in the community convinced that my team wasn't going to even reach 2nd round. What does that say??

Ask any of the 4 players on my team about my attitude ingame, out of game and level of knowledge and encouragement I passed on. They'll all tell you they had one of the greatest times playing with people they never met. For those who watched, they had a greater time with the nail biting back and forth. And the ghosting?? I could care less if people ghosted my team, this tournament was meant to be for fun and for the sake of bringing in fellow n00bs to meet and play and enjoy times with each other. What happened to playing, for the sake of playing??

Good game everyone, I hope to see you in the servers

P.S. - Don't take this as a post that I'm flaming or insulting, I am merely throwing out my two cents and in no way am I pointing someone out, it just so happened that your post melissa helped align my follow up response. You still cool girl, even though I haven't talked or played with you :)

Who the F*CK are you?

I didnt even waste time reading your post, I have played for 10 years and love this community, and If i suspect foul play it should be taken very seriously.

Strange, I do not think you are a hacker, in fact I think you were the only legit player on your team. This issue is to be taken up with elders (mainly acid and fomenta)
This is not a rage thread, i was posting feedback and should have waited but I have been drinking and have been impatient. My n00bs will understand.

Im not going to post another reply - Badguy

Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:09 pm
[n00b] Member

Hooker wrote:
Dien.

It was a really good match. I was really on edge for the first time in a long time. I'm glad you posted a response. I want to apologize for Iceman, and to you. I know I get a bit hot headed at times. This was one of those times. Thank you for taking it in stride.

To everyone else, the people who organized the tournament put in a ton of effort. More than you could imagine. Looking over these teams they were as fair as could have been made under the circumstances of people not showing up... thank you acid and Dirk for the effort. I had fun. It seems that Dien and his team did as well.

Per the usual, noobfest love. It was fun. I yelled a lot, both angry and cumming.

Had I been the youngin' like in the old days, I would've raged hard and made a dramedy out of it, but I've been to hell and back with this community, from hacking accusations, being banned supposedly for "cheating" then unbanned due to the demo'er being a cheater himself, and community outcasting. But that stuff don't phase me no more, at the end of the day, we're all brothers and sisters here, keep the peace, play for fun. Corpse and Gman were good enough to forgive me for a lot of my selfish attitude, I just hope you all do the same.

Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:12 pm
Profile YIM
[n00b] Member

suck it if you didnt show up and left your team hanging. I'm not talking about those of you that had the common courtesy to give us a notice or something. Would have been great to get started on time, but we couldn't do that because we only had 2 teams with their original 5.

As far as Dien's team is concerned. Thank you for showing up and giving us the best match i've ever played. Hopefully you guys had as much fun as we did. When i was sitting there thinking, "we are about to loose this." I was thinking how much i still really enjoyed the match.

GG all

Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:19 pm
[n00b] Member

oh and about this stacked business? I'm terrible.

And about this hax business? lolumad. learn how to be a good sport man. How would you like to work as hard as we did to barely beat dien's team and then get cheats called on us. F*CK that.

Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:26 pm
[n00b] Member

GG to all and gratz to the winners. I had a good time playing and props to those who made it all happen. ♥

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, "I'm from the government and I'm here to help." -Ronald Reagan

Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:28 pm
Profile YIM
n00bfest Elder, Senior Admin

No hard feelings.

♥ you shorty. I'm glad to see you participating. : )

strangelegend@n00bfest.com

Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:31 pm
Profile WWW
Retired n00bfest O.G.

I think anyone who says anyone was cheating, hacking, ghosting, playing unfairly, or even claims uneven teams is a F*CKING moron. Period. We put in so much work to do this tournament, and every time someone new at n00bfest complains about uneven teams. It's old. We're working on a completely random system that pulls stats straight from psychostats.

Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:31 pm
[n00b] Member

Can you just draw it straight out of Kano's ass?

At least we can blame him if we have uneven teams or something like that.

Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:56 pm
Not Worthy of [n00b]

F*CK! I bet my money on team 10...Oh well, congrats anyway Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_50

Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:24 am
[n00b] Member

TEAM 1 WAS THE REAL WINNERS, TEAM #PJPANTS FOR LIFE

n00bfest Tournament #6 - part of winning team 3

Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:11 am
[n00b] Member

acid_rain wrote:
I think anyone who says anyone was cheating, hacking, ghosting, playing unfairly, or even claims uneven teams is a F*CKING moron. Period. We put in so much work to do this tournament, and every time someone new at n00bfest complains about uneven teams. It's old. We're working on a completely random system that pulls stats straight from psychostats.

♥ you Acid and everyone who helped put this tournament together!!! I had a blast playing in it and watching the rest of the matches. And it was great playing with everyone in team 4! I think i'll be watching my ace over the winner of the tournament's team whenever i want to feel good lol Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_03

Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:42 am
[n00b] Member

Sorry everyone for being a douche. Everyone says things they don't mean sometimes and get raged and can make asses out of themselves. I did both. All I can do is apologize and hope you accept it. I wanted to do this publically rather than send it personally because I would have to send it to everyone in this community. This is a close knit group of people that have been together for years. Some for months. Some for days. That also know all of the sacrifices that many people made to keep this place alive.

Thank you for the time and effort you guys put into this community to make it such a fun place. You give a piece of your life and a lot of hours that we don't see and I didn't take that into consideration in much drunken ranting state. I just want you to know that I appreciate you. Not that it's necessary because it's a given just by seeing the joy and verbal sparring that goes on on a daily basis in this community just like a family would.

Facts really don't matter in an event that is really supposed to be fun. Fun. I lost that word arguing semantics. Dien's post really hit the mark in the fact he mentioned that attitude was a big part and I took that in a jaded way forgetting a lot of fun scrims where we pulled through as a team together. A KDR isn't worth arguing over when what really matters is the time I spent playing with a group of people I respected, run by a group of people that I should treat with the respect I feel. Which is immense. You welcomed me in immediately and I've become friends with a lot of you. Rather than show that I made an ass out of myself and disrespected a lot of hard work and people that I honestly like.

Congratulations to the winners of this. I know that comment shit on your hard work and the fact you guys actually are really F*CKING good players. You deserved that win completely. Everyone knows this as well.

I hope my rct tag doesn't define me as a person. Nor that statement I made previously.

Thanks again guys.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:03 am
[n00b] Member

I will forgive you if you post pictures of your titties.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:07 am
[n00b] Member

Wheres your titties picture? lawls Is that a hirugashi avatar? :O

Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:09 am
[n00b] Member

m3L1sS4 wrote:
Wheres your titties picture? lawls Is that a hirugashi avatar? :O

I'll put up pictures of my titties to see this if you want lawl Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_02

Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:28 am
[n00b] Member

I wanna see his titties too. Go do it.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:32 am
[n00b] Member

m3L1sS4 wrote:
I wanna see his titties too. Go do it.

Fair warning though they might be bigger than yours lol

Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:39 am
[n00b] Member

We should make a man titties posting thread and hold a contest.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:40 am
n00bfest Elder, Senior Admin

Pff. Luff would win hands down, he's got the biggest.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:42 am
[n00b] Member

Haha okay sweet pea i will give you that Luff would win no doubts there. pure fat beats half fat half muscle everytime. mine would be perkier id say though

Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:43 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next