n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 n00bfest Survey: 2011 - Results 
[n00b] Member

Post Re: n00bfest Survey: 2011 - Results

(had to try it for myself)

(aww damn i dont know what triggers it)

UMAD?

fomenta [I typed formenta because I can't read. Clearly there's no "r" in his name, but I'm too dumb to realize that. Please stab me in the face. Also, I just got owned by a wordfilter.]

Player [[n00b] Reborn''] [STEAM_0:1:456925]
Time 02/21/2010 @ 17:17:03

Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:35 am
Game Server Admin

1) much butt touching
2) reached my reading goal for 2011
3) AYE!
4) LOL GAY LAWL FAG (testing word filter)

Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:56 am
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

more servers? cool

Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:04 pm
Game Server Admin

dirkdeagler wrote:

UMAD?

fomenta [I typed fomenta [I typed formenta because I can't read. Clearly there's no "r" in his name, but I'm too dumb to realize that. Please stab me in the face. Also, I just got owned by a wordfilter.] because I can't read. Clearly there's no "r" in his name, but I'm too dumb to realize that. Please stab me in the face. Also, I just got owned by a wordfilter.]

ill let u all figure out on ur own what triggers the I AM A HOMOSEXUAL saying

Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:31 pm
Game Server Admin

I got it! Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_02
I AM A HOMOSEXUAL

Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:39 pm
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

Awesome news Gman. I'm happy Corruption is now part of the rotation, I love that map.

Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:54 pm
[n00b] Member

I AM A HOMOSEXUAL testies. Good info to have, I likes this place. I forgot to mention the freedom of speech epicness in my survey though.

Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:59 pm
[n00b] Member

Awesome ideas and feedback for the survey. I feel likes this kind of "State of the N00bfest" needs to be added as an annual ocurance.

GG to the n00bs that run this shit Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_06

Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
[n00b] Member

I don't need a word filter to tell you I'm gay. I was checking forums on my phone when I saw clorox get owned, lying in bed with some girl - started dying and she thought I was laughing at her. (She was mortified.)

I'm still upset prodigy is in the rotation :(, but I think the admins can handle that case during non-peak hours so it's really a moot point. Question: will switching to sourcemods increase the server performance? Could it be the mods that we have on there that are reducing performance as well?

Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:01 pm
[n00b] Member

Gman wrote:
On top of acid

Finally, I was hoping for that.

Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:05 pm
n00bfest Ancient, Senior Admin

id also like to point out that you put in 23/7 in that wall of txt 3 times.

Man is not free unless government is limited.

The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.

We should measure welfare's success by how many people leave welfare, not by how many are added.

Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:24 pm
[n00b] Member

Gman wrote:
We're going to look into getting a calendar set up so that we can hopefully use it to plan and organize community events (e.g. scrims, tournaments, specific game nights [like a PVK2 night, LoL night, TF2 night, etc], and other various things). We require a high level of integration, so a considerable amount of research and testing will be required before we'll be able to roll something like that out, but I can almost guarantee you that we'll have something like that in the coming months.

Look into using a GMail calendar. It's free and very easy to customize colors and size and integrate into a website. This would also allow any other GMail users to easily add the n00bfest.com calendar into their own calendars so they can quickly check when events are.

Gman wrote:
What I can do, though, is install extra (smaller) gameservers so the people who are concerned about reg and/or want to switch it up a bit can play there. We plan on opening up a 23/7 dust2/office server. By 23/7, I mean that admins will have the ability to switch to other maps (things like fire, mill, etc) if they so choose. We're also going to open up an iceworld/scoutzknivez server with other "funmap" style maps on it. I'm thinking of a rotation kinda like: iceworld/scoutzknivez/whatever1/iceworld/scoutzknivez/whatever2/etc -- play iceworld, then scoutzknivez, then some random "funmap" style map, then back to iceworld and scoutzknivez. Both of these servers will likely be 16-man, 66tic servers. I just updated some stuff on our dedicated server and am about to start the installations on them now, but don't suspect they'll be fully configured and up until Monday the 14th or so as I've got a busy weekend ahead of me.

This sounds pretty cool and I think people will enjoy both the dust2/office server and the fun map server. Would you remove dust2/office from the regular servers rotation? Obviously admins could still switch to it, but that may make the regular server a bit more interesting by adding in more new maps.

Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:27 pm
n00bfest Ancient, Senior Admin

ICEWORLD!

Spyda wrote:
acid_rain wrote:
There's another word for men who drink Smirnoff... you might know them as women.

or Tucker.

tucker: it was yummy ok
Spyda: gotcha.. girly drinks
tucker: http://1000awesomethings.files.wordpres ... ff-ice.jpg....
tucker: how is that girly
Spyda: LOOK WHO IS HOLDING THEM

ITT: Hammerpants that needs [sarcasm] tags to detect sarcasm on the internet.

dirkdeagler wrote:

UMAD?

fomenta [I typed fomenta [I typed formenta because I can't read. Clearly there's no "r" in his name, but I'm too dumb to realize that. Please stab me in the face. Also, I just got owned by a wordfilter.] because I can't read. Clearly there's no "r" in his name, but I'm too dumb to realize that. Please stab me in the face. Also, I just got owned by a wordfilter.]

plus 1.

Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:33 pm
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

I like the sound of all this, and I hope that things all work out smoothly when it's being implemented. And thanks for the recognition bitches. I know we all like to make this place the best, and so far we're doing a damn good job of it! Hearts and junk.

p.s. - Penis.

Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:51 pm
[n00b] Member

Love the place and just getting to know the website. Will be active a little more as I learn where to go here to comment/post. Will also donate a portion of my "Gentleman Jack" and "Weed" funds. Will probably affect my play as I my stats will improve more given more mental capacity as a result of a reduced drunknes and.or high state!
Appreciate you guys!

Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2