n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 WAR GAMES TOURNAMENT 
[n00b] Member

Post Re: WAR GAMES TOURNAMENT
sounds sweet.

Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:13 pm
Game Server Admin

F*CK i will be on the road tonight headed back home. maybe i'll catch up with you guys when i get back sat/sun or next week sometime.

Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:40 pm
n00bfest Council

yeah no worries Purple. this is just a test run to make sure we have our I's Crossed and our T's Dotted you know?

Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:54 pm
Game Server Admin

o.o damn this is pretty good nice writing acid can't wait for more :D

"I am the robber of my cradle. Candy is my body and teddy-bears are my blood. I have snached over a thousand little girls. Unknown to police. Nor known to Chris Henson. Have withstood time to stalk many children. Yet those kids will never be enough. So as I pray--"

Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:47 pm
Game Server Admin

EDIT: Ok, so I just learned that this is going to be more of a story line. So Havana isn't the only map. This idea just perked my interest a lot. I heard either acid or High say that it's gonna be one map a week or something. Since you're still..beta testing this whole idea i'm not sure if your plans extend further than just the rules for everything. Is it going to take place each weekend, like lets say every Sunday the next map tourney takes place?

2 questions about the balcony and gazeebo achievments. In vent you mentioned that it's possible someone might go the wrong way to get to either of those positions. Is the objective for the CT's to kill the person defending those positions, or capture those positions? Wich brings me to my second question. Lets say the ct's make it to one of those positions first(wich someone mentioned in vent.) If the objective is to kill the person defending that positions, would they get those points since they have already taken that position before the T got there? Sorry if that is confusing or anything. I'm just usure exactly how to ask it.

Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:58 pm
[n00b] Member

A suggestion. Spyda mentioned at the end cts wouldnt kill the remaining terroist so they would get 40 points instead of 5. Why not making killing an objective as well. For counter terroist the elimination of the entire opposite team equals say 20 points? And vise versa THe entire elimination of the cts equals more points as the terroist have completed the task as in keeping the hosties and eiliminating the enemy so something like 50 points? Also when a terroist shoots/nades a hostie do the terroist lose points for cheating? OR the counter terroist since there objective is to rescue all the hosties alive. Just my two cents. Otherwise love the game, makes css a tad bit more intriguing.

Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:55 am
[n00b] Member

tl;dr verison?

Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:49 am
n00bfest Council

sYntax wrote:
A suggestion. Spyda mentioned at the end cts wouldnt kill the remaining terroist so they would get 40 points instead of 5. Why not making killing an objective as well. For counter terroist the elimination of the entire opposite team equals say 20 points? And vise versa THe entire elimination of the cts equals more points as the terroist have completed the task as in keeping the hosties and eiliminating the enemy so something like 50 points? Also when a terroist shoots/nades a hostie do the terroist lose points for cheating? OR the counter terroist since there objective is to rescue all the hosties alive. Just my two cents. Otherwise love the game, makes css a tad bit more intriguing.

I can answer one of those and the other needs to be discussed more. If the Terrorists shoot a hostage on purpose. The CT's Get the points for that hostage since it wasn't their fault the T killed them. To the first part of your question. I need to talk with High and Acid about that and see if we still want to get the CTs the benefit of the doubt since as many people have pointed out "but after all the T's are dead, The CT's can just run out the door with the hostages." Which to respect the people throwing that out there, yes you are right, if you have nobody blocking your way, stroll in, take the hostages and take them out, I'll give you that. But... that's giving the advantage of the try hards. That's basically telling the CTs "kill all the Ts and you get the 40 points for the hostages. So I think we need to figure out a compromise like if the CTs actually touch the Hostages and they have them following them (which you can see this on a minimap) when the last T dies. You might get half the points for each Hostage that you have. Again this is a work in progress so I like that idea but it all boils down to how it looks to other people too.

Also please everybody that had a chance to be in the beta, please make your opinions known. This isn't for me, this isn't for you, this is for the community so please make a post if you think you have an idea to make this better and I know at least for me it will be taken into consideration.

So yes I believe if a Terrorist shoots a hostage on purpose, the CT's get the point for that hostage. If for some reason the Terrorist at the Sub Objective purposely kills himself or even accidently. The CT's will get the points for that objective. I don't see how it helps the T's for them to suicide on either one of their objectives considering it is giving the CT's free points and taking one of their hostage protectors out of the equation.

And of course I think if a CT has a hold of whatever amount of hostages before the round is over and the last T dies. I don't think they should get full credit but I think they should get some sort of point amount like half credit for doing the work. I think that is what you guys are saying and I like the idea, just has to make it off the drawing floor you know. Anyways I think I pretty much said the same thing over and over again so yeah. Please make suggestions and I will take them into consideration.

Thanks again everybody that participated in the Beta. Probably sometime after chirstmas we might have another Beta or something to make sure we get our T's Dotted and our I's Crossed.

Merry Christmas!

Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:08 pm
Game Server Admin

I know the issue of the T having to stay n gazebo was brought up a few times and that you ended up releasing him after a certain time period. Also, it was pretty easy to kill the dude in gazebo las night. I really think that having the Ts just defend the gazebo and awarding points to the CTs for actually entering the gazebo would be a better solution.

Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:03 pm
n00bfest Council

Right and I think there were some suggestions instead of placing a T on the balcony just like the other sub objective is a balcony. Makes that T not be dead weight and also gives them a fighting chance if for some reason the T captain leaves him to die.

Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:19 pm
n00bfest Council

nice i want more

Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2