n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Being a Veteran on Veteran's Day... 
Retired n00bfest O.G.

Post Being a Veteran on Veteran's Day...
Being a veteran to me isn’t just something that I’ve earned through being part of the United States Army – no, it’s been something I feel like I’ve earned through the hard work and dedication to my country, my unit, my community, and my family. Sometimes it was hard to realize the importance of how being a veteran mattered to most people. When I heard people telling me “thanks for your service”, I always appreciated it, but I’ve never taken it this seriously until now. All the early wake-up calls, the no breakfasts I’ve had due to no time, all the ass-chewings over the smallest things that really weren’t a big deal, and spending more time looking more presentable than anything or anyone else just to conduct regular business on a regular day. All the constant training has been a huge pain in the ass as well. I sit back though, and I think about all these things, and I finally realize that only 2 percent of the American population do what I do every day. Hearing that “thank you” makes me feel recognized out of those two percent. It reminds me of all the Veteran hospitals and homes I went to and spent time with all our Veterans from World War II, and Vietnam, and how I cried once I realized that I was the only family they had. One day, it’ll probably be me, and I’m so thankful that people care about who I am and what I've done. In the same sense, I look around me, and see my brothers and sisters and all the things they’ve done for us.

You guys don't know how much I appreciate the recognition as just someone who has served our country, even if it may never add up to some of our veteran's sacrifices. I am thankful to have been included as a great hero next to them. I think I speak for all of us here at n00bfest who serve the military when I say thank you for noticing who we are, what we do, and knowing why we do it. From the bottom of our hearts, to those of you who served, or are serving our forces, thank you. Have a great Veteran’s Day. Please don’t forget to visit the Veteran’s Home and show your appreciation by becoming part of a Veteran’s family, it’ll change your life.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:12 am
[n00b] Member

Post Re: Being a Veteran on Veteran's Day...
Thanks buddy

Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:19 am
Profile YIM
[n00b] Member

Yup thanks to you and all other vets of n00bfest. Also thanks to their families and spouses for supporting them back home.

Player [[n00b] Reborn''] [STEAM_0:1:456925]
Time 02/21/2010 @ 17:17:03

Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:22 am
Game Server Admin

I feel the same way Acid does!

Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:31 am
n00bfest Asshole

^^

Yessir. Happy Veteran's Day to all. Take some time out of your day (off) and remember any family members or friends that have served or are serving.

I hope Tom Brady gets anally raped in Hell.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:35 am
Game Server Admin

One memory that has always stayed in my mind was when I came back from deployment overseas. I was getting off the plane, grabbed all my gear and looked over the crowed. There was wives and kids waiting for their fathers and husbands and here I was thinking, they missed us. That brief second was all I needed to know that my time was appreciated.

Old Ode...

Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:01 pm
Profile YIM
Game Server Admin

Thanks!

cptreynolds@n00bfest.com

Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:22 pm
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

Thank you ♥

Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:40 pm
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

Thank you, and all the soldiers out there, for what they do everyday, and what they have done in the past.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:00 pm
n00bfest Elder, Senior Admin

Happy VD ;)

strangelegend@n00bfest.com

Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:07 pm
Profile WWW
Game Server Admin

Yes, what you do is appreciated, cause I know I wasn't made to go through that hell. Enjoy your well deserved day off, and happy veterans day!

Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:16 pm
n00bfest Council

I am very pissed off my school didn't take veterans day off. not cause I wanted a day off from school even though I would have loved it, but for the fact the parade celebrating our veterans happened during lunchtime while I'm in class and I couldn't skip that class. I respect my Veterans even though nobody in my family has served but they are the reason we can freely play the games we play and sit here and call everybody AFRICAN AMERICAN and not have to worry about getting our heads cut off (unless your in the wrong neighborhood). Otherwise i really respect our Veterans and I work in a resturant and everytime I see one walk in I tell them thank you and find out where they are sitting so I can pay for their food. My dad does that all the time and I feel since I have a job now, it's my job to take over so... when I'm not donating to n00bfest (sorry guys) I'm giving back to the people that are fighting to allow us to even have a n00bfest so please dont' get mad that I'm not listed on the donaters yet but I will be soon.

God Bless all our veterans that are retired and currently serving. I salute you and Thank you from my family to yours

Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:54 pm
n00bfest Elder, Senior Admin

dirkdeagler wrote:
Yup thanks to you and all other vets of n00bfest. Also thanks to their families and spouses for supporting them back home.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:01 pm
[n00b] Member

My work apparently fucked up the trumpet play over the PA system today.. winnar job.

I wake up every morning and wehn I look in the mirror I see the tattoo I got dedicated to the men and women of the canadian, american and british military for all they do

semper fi mother F*CKERS

Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:09 pm
[n00b] Member

Thanks to all the veterans that made and make our country so great

Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:16 pm
[n00b] Member

My squadron worked today on veterans day ain't that some shit. lol It is a great feeling when people tell you thank you. There is alot of shit we go threw and the pay really isn't that good. We do it because we love this country and love what this country is about (most of the time). I have fought in both wars OIF/OEF and have a great sense of pride in everything I do for this country. I wear my uniform with pride everyday. I appreciate all the sacrifices of the men/woman who have severed/ are currently serving. Thank you to my fellow American's who choose to stand up and fight for god's greatest country.

Too Stupid to Understand Science? Try Religion!

Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:04 pm
Profile YIM
[n00b] Member

Thank you everyone who served and still serves.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:40 pm
[n00b] Member

I would like to wish a happy veterans day to you Acid, Lone_Mortal, Joe, American Soldier, and any other veterans who have been apart of the military, and I thank you for your care for the Country and all it's citizens.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:37 am
[n00b] Member

Thank you Acid. Not in a million years could I have said it better myself. Since in about 50 I'll be dead.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:59 am
[n00b] Member

well said man, its good to see fellow vets being actually proud of thier time! A shout out to all the military families as well, without them half us fool probably wouldnt have made it and come back all fucked like most vietnam vets.

"You gonna do something or just stand there and bleed?"

[img]kansas[/img]

Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next