n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:00 am

Forum rules

If you're about to request a review of your ban please read this post carefully.

Also, see bans.n00bfest.com to find out why you were banned, what admin banned you, and how long the ban is for. If the ban is for less than 48 hours, don't bother posting an unban request.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 TheSharocko 
Forum Newbie

Post TheSharocko
1. TheSharocko
2. 0:1:10138086 (http://www.legit-proof.com/team/?db=CAL ... sion_id=27 <== active starter)
3. 03/08/2013 12:15AM EST (approximately)
4. CS:S Server
5. Reilly (I think but Fuzzy and Unstawpable were on as well)
6. Wallhacking
7. Comments:

I probably will not be coming back to your server because of this incident which I'm sure 99% of your clan is super happy and excited about. I will not admit to any form or fashion of cheating or glitching because I do not believe in using enhancements to modify my game play so I have an unfair advantage. I clearly do not need them to beat the regulars on your server. Regardless, you are going to believe what you think to be truth and unfortunately that blinds your better judgement. That being said, the only reason I am posting here is to request a copy of the demo(s) involved in this ban. If you are unwilling to provide me with the "evidence", I believe that you are being rather stubborn and obnoxious but so is the characteristic of many members of your community. If this demo has not been reviewed by a senior "council" member, I would appreciate it if that were done.

A final request is that only a single member who is willing to provide me with a response of either "we will provide the demos" or "we will not provide demos" is sufficient. After that I would love this thread to be locked. I hate flaming and obnoxious trolls so I'd rather not get my inbox flooded by this nonsense.

Thanks in advance.
TheSharocko

Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:32 am
n00bfest Council

Post Re: TheSharocko
Hello! I am the one that banned you. I demoed you the other night on cbble and im uploading it to our group of individuals that will review it. They will get to you once they come to a decision and will respond. I sadly am unable to provide said demo to you. Thank you and sit tight!

Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:40 am
Forum Newbie

Fair enough. Thanks for the quick reply.

Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:42 am
n00bfest Council

It is also our policy to not release the demos that were taken and reviewed. If you take the time to read many of the ban requests you will see that any situation where a person who was banned requests their demo, it is always denied.

As much as you say that our community (we are a community, not a clan) seem to be... as you said it "stubborn and obnoxious" we are not above admitting that something is inconclusive or just downright don't see anything and many people have been unbanned as a result. We, like the US Government have our checks and balances and when something isn't right, we correct it.

Coming in here pretty much saying that you don't care about the results and just want to see said demo, kind of gives the higher ups a reason to just say "request to see demo is denied, request for unban is denied, have a nice day" this is an area to request to be unbanned, not to request demos for said ban.

This post was in no attempt to troll or flame. This was simply a post saying that your request to see the demo will be denied, not because of who you are but because of policy. As much as it says that "Admins are Gods" we are not above admitting a wrong doing. Thanks for your post, and either see you later in the server if you in fact do change your mind if you are unbanned, or if request denied, then it was a pleasure knowing you.

Thank You,
The Community Megaphone
n00bfest Council Member

Hito

Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:11 am
n00bfest Asshole

Also, F*CK you very much and have a good day.

Respectfully,
The n00bfest Asshole

I hope Tom Brady gets anally raped in Hell.

Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:16 am
Forum Newbie

Hi Hito,

Thank you for courteously responding. You did not come off as a flamer but as an informant of the workings around here. I appreciate the response. I do want to hit a couple of points real quick in response to your post just because it was an interesting conversation I thought would be nice to continue briefly.

Hito wrote:
As much as you say that our community (we are a community, not a clan) seem to be... as you said it "stubborn and obnoxious" we are not above admitting that something is inconclusive or just downright don't see anything and many people have been unbanned as a result. We, like the US Government have our checks and balances and when something isn't right, we correct it.

First off, apologies for using the wrong term. The synonymous use of the words clan and community is so common on the internet that I just threw that in there. Sorry if that was an offensive snipe at n00bfest. The "stubborn and obnoxious" point I was referring though was in reference to a specific subset of your community that seems to predominate the regular population of the server. I am avoiding using a flaming word such as "asshole" intentionally because I don't want to stir trouble (although it might be a more fitting word), but there are those in your community that make up their mind within a few moments about a situation and never look back. I won't point out any people with the exception of Joe because he already decided to volunteer a trait of some of this behavior in this thread.

Hito wrote:
Coming in here pretty much saying that you don't care about the results and just want to see said demo, kind of gives the higher ups a reason to just say "request to see demo is denied, request for unban is denied, have a nice day" this is an area to request to be unbanned, not to request demos for said ban.

This was simply a post saying that your request to see the demo will be denied, not because of who you are but because of policy.

That's a completely fair response. I would like to see the demos reviewed but do understand that initial reactions sway opinions and actions in matters of the sort. I understand that you all have a "no demo release" policy from what you have stated, I am more curious as to reasoning. Since you used the US government system to make a point earlier, I thought it would be nice to reuse that metaphor. The US judiciary system allows all defendants to see the proof against their case prior to sentencing. Now, this is the internet and some people clearly cheat in which case it is much easier to act first and fix things later. However, you still are denying them the proof for/against their case. Now, there are those people who you don't have demos because of the circumstances which would be a great reason for the policy. I would just like some enlightenment on this policy if you can afford the time to respond.

Hito wrote:
As much as it says that "Admins are Gods" we are not above admitting a wrong doing.

Amen. Admins are just doing what they can/think is right to insure a fun time on the server, but admins are human and humans make mistakes unless you're Chuck Norris of course. :P

Hito wrote:
Thanks for your post, and either see you later in the server if you in fact do change your mind if you are unbanned, or if request denied, then it was a pleasure knowing you.

Again, thanks for the courteous response. We'll see how things pan out.

Best regards,
TheSharocko

Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:44 am
n00bfest Council

To respond, yes I was only referring to the US checks and balances not of the judicial system just judicial review. I thank you for having the knowledge of history and of the system since most americans are oblivous to it (as oblivous as I am with spell check... but I disgress). I will grant you this fact in that we do have a demo, this wasn't a spir of a moment ban and then make up something later. The ban was done after a demo. As I said... I was referring to Checks and balances not judicial system of trials so no... as I said policy says you won't see the demo. Sorry it's just how it is. Yeah it's a cop out just saying "it is how it is" but we aren't held to that standard of having to show the demo but be sure, any demos submitted will be reviewed by unbias people that had nothing to do with the banning that took place or honestly any knowledge of you playing in the server.

Btw sorry for coming off as kind of a dick about the whole Clan and Community thing. Just a custom to keep pointing out to people that [n00b] is a community while lets say my delta in my name says I'm in a Clan. I disgress as this has nothing to do with your ban

And Chuck Norris ain't got nothing on me... just sayin

Thanks,
Hito

Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:43 pm
Forum Newbie

Fair response. I appreciate you taking the time to read my post and respond to it. You didn't come off as a dick. You came off as an unbiased informant who just wanted to keep the facts straight.

And Chuck Norris has shit on everyone... just saying :P

Thanks,
TheSharocko

Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:49 am
Forum Newbie

It's been about 2 weeks since my original post. Any update on that review?

Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:09 pm
n00bfest Elder, Senior Admin

Unbanned. Let me know if you have any problems getting into the server.

Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:08 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 10 posts ]